Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 717

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1759913 times)

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #2115 on: March 03, 2015, 01:15:02 PM »

SetInteractionImage() I've tried using this but I get errors that it can't find the illustration i'm pointing it at for some reason.

You need to register the image in the "graphics" section of data/config/settings.json so Starsector knows to load it when the game starts.

As for the market, I've added some new pirate ships into the pirate fleets and apparently that cause said ships to appear in multiple numbers in the black market section on multiple systems. So i need a way to reduce that occurance some way.

If they are extremely common in markets they might be too common in your fleets. You can try reducing their spawn probability to see if the problem goes away.

So basically something like this:

Code
"graphics":{
"illustrations":{
"hii_homeworld":"graphics/HD/planets/hii_homeworld.png"
},
}

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #2116 on: March 03, 2015, 01:26:05 PM »

Yep, then you should be able to just call setInteractionImage("illustrations", "hii_homeworld"). :)

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: March 04, 2015, 12:09:19 AM »

How to prevent a ship ues system to enemy drone?

Coded a ship system AI and already set

if (target.isDrone()){return;}

but it dosen't work.
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2118 on: March 04, 2015, 03:23:48 AM »

Thanks LazyWizard!

As for the market, I've added some new pirate ships into the pirate fleets and apparently that cause said ships to appear in multiple numbers in the black market section on multiple systems. So i need a way to reduce that occurance some way.
Don't know if you already noticed this and tried to fix it that way, but: As Toxicity pointed out, you have the Goliath categorised in the pirate faction file as a medium carrier and a medium combat, which is going to make it pretty common. It logically should be listed only as a large carrier, but that'll probably make it just not appear anywhere short of a really large military market, which may be undesirable. Reducing the chance number might do the trick, though.

(also why is the Black Swan considered a large carrier?)

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: March 04, 2015, 04:26:40 AM »

Thanks LazyWizard!

Don't know if you already noticed this and tried to fix it that way, but: As Toxicity pointed out, you have the Goliath categorised in the pirate faction file as a medium carrier and a medium combat, which is going to make it pretty common. It logically should be listed only as a large carrier, but that'll probably make it just not appear anywhere short of a really large military market, which may be undesirable. Reducing the chance number might do the trick, though.

(also why is the Black Swan considered a large carrier?)

Because it has 2 flight decks and is mostly a capital ship.

Cathair

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: March 04, 2015, 11:35:41 AM »

Is it possible to alter how many equipped weapons are dropped by destroyed player ships? How about the number of crew salvaged from life pods?

This seems pretty basic, so if it's a stupid question that should be self-evident, just point me at where I should be looking and I'll figure it out. I've done a few searches and poked around in the game data, but I can't find anything explicitly referencing what I'm looking for.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: March 04, 2015, 11:40:44 AM »

Is it possible to alter how many equipped weapons are dropped by destroyed player ships? How about the number of crew salvaged from life pods?

This seems pretty basic, so if it's a stupid question that should be self-evident, just point me at where I should be looking and I'll figure it out. I've done a few searches and poked around in the game data, but I can't find anything explicitly referencing what I'm looking for.

As far as I know you can only restrict them from not dropping at all by setting them as system weapons, as in built in.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 04, 2015, 03:31:33 PM »

I'm having a difficult time balancing out the market prices. I've managed to get Bushi up and running but that sent the market out of balance again, supplies costing 200-300 creds on average.
Bushi fleets seem to spawn quite small in scale and get stomped by the pirate fleets.

How can I better balance the market conditions?

In the factions file if I add for a example a ship variant in all of the ship roles will that make more of that variant or will it simply be more common in fleet compositions?
How can I beef up the fleets up a bit because as it stands these are quite weak?

Cathair

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: March 05, 2015, 04:16:33 PM »

As far as I know you can only restrict them from not dropping at all by setting them as system weapons, as in built in.

Oh well. Thanks for the info!

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 05, 2015, 06:33:12 PM »

How do you compile Java scripts in a single RAR file like every mod I see?

Current threads that have are somewhat outdated for the current version of the game. @-@

So I can at least use two of my Market Conditions to replace the large compiled ones.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:36:15 PM by EI »
You know what happens when I raise the "alarm"~ <3

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: March 05, 2015, 10:21:41 PM »

How do you compile Java scripts in a single RAR file like every mod I see?

Current threads that have are somewhat outdated for the current version of the game. @-@

So I can at least use two of my Market Conditions to replace the large compiled ones.

Eh, no actually most of us use NetBeans or some other IDE which allows us to compile our code. The compiled code is published to a JAR file.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 05, 2015, 10:27:27 PM »

Addendum: Check out lazy's thread on setting up netbeans if you're interested

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=3173.0

Lcu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 05, 2015, 11:25:42 PM »

Is it possible to have a decorative weapon (i forgot what is it called in this game's modding) to cover ships engine flames?
Spoiler
Ctrl+F, type 6
[close]

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 05, 2015, 11:35:51 PM »

Is it possible to have a decorative weapon (i forgot what is it called in this game's modding) to cover ships engine flames?

Yes :)

nomadic_leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 06, 2015, 06:08:54 AM »

Hello, I'm not familiar with java or anything but even the basic concepts of computer science, so this will be uphill battle:

Loading values for system.addPlanet() from Tab seperated value files (TSV)

Let's say I'm making a bunch of planets using system.addPlanet()

But then what if I playtest it and they feel too far apart, or too close together or something, and I want to change all of them, say multiply all the orbit radii by 0.8 or something. Going through every file and every system.addPlanet() and doing this would be really tiresome.

It seems like it would be much easier to load all the fields of a TSV into an array and then refer to those in the system.addPlanet(). Then I could quickly alter all the TSV values in excel and so forth all at once were it necessary. Unless loading an array of tsv values is going to do something bad to memory or performance, I really know nothing of such matters.

Does the java starsector uses have a tsv parsing function or library or whatnot? If someone has a link to where i can read about it I'm willing to go try and read it myself, rather than forcing you to spoonfeed me here.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 717