Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Author Topic: Would a more elaborate stealth mechanic be possible?  (Read 401 times)

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
Would a more elaborate stealth mechanic be possible?
« on: March 23, 2023, 11:10:20 AM »

I was wondering if instead of just diminishing the rep hit by attacking fleets with your transponder off, would it be possible to outright nullify it, while the catch would be that your fleet would accumulate notoriety. If that fleet gets spotted with a transponder on by any member of the faction/s you have been attacking, they would identify you as the author of the crimes.
The way this would play out is that you'd have to change fleets in secrecy to another one that has a clean slate, and every ship you keep from the "notorious" fleet adds to the chance of getting found out. Similar to your black market suspicion, it would decay over time, meaning that you'd go into crime sprees here and there, and into hiding until things cool off.
If possible I think it would add an entire playstyle, making abandoned stations, and pirate/independent ports more useful.
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Would a more elaborate stealth mechanic be possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 10:47:13 PM »

eeeehhh, having to change fleets to make proper use of this would disincentivize using Smods quite a bit if you want to remain on positive standing
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 05:54:46 AM by Jackundor »

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Would a more elaborate stealth mechanic be possible?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 07:13:27 AM »

Sounds tedious if you ask me.
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.