The Hoplites of Corinth
Keywords: titans, greek gods, corinth, hoplites,
yellow, gold, protectors & guardians.
The Hoplites' theme is based on the concept that was used by Ancient Greek city-states. These City-states employed citizen-soldiers as defence, which I have transfered to the future theme. This faction is the guardians of the trading & mining planet, apropriately named Corinth. The planet is under constant threat of being annexed by the other increasingly more powerful fractions. Hence the need for a citizen militia capable of protecting what is rightfully theirs.
I have not quite settled on the name and a few other things, but it will be something along the line of "The Corinthian Hoplites" or "The Hoplites of Corinth".
For now I have only been frankensteining & modifying a few ships, both as an experiment with the theme, but also to get comfortable with the artstyle of pixels. I have dabbled a tiny bit with the coding, and I am confident that with time i will reach my goals.Current features:
- 1 Wing of Fighters
- 2 Frigates
- 1 Destroyer
- 1 Carrier Cruiser
- 1 Light Capital Ship
- 2 missions
Fighter Wing, "Dory"
First Frigate, "Marpesia"
Second Frigate, "Machai"
Cruiser Carrier, "Soteria"
Light Battlecruiser (capital), Heracles
ClassThe ships will likely be named after greek mythology, gods, heroes, titans etc.Features I hope to implement (evergrowing list):
- More ships: Bomberwing, another frigate, another destroyer, another cruiser
- Balance ships
- Campaign support - add The Conrinthian Hoplites as a new fraction.
- Custom weapons - missiles in particular.
- Elaborate on background story for the faction and reasons for their presence (According to available Starfarer lore).
I know it seems ambitious, but I like to keep my goals handy.
It includes four ships, and a testing mission. The mission is basically the four ships facing a similar fleet of original ships. 0.3alfa
- A wing of fighters - Dory class
- A missile weapon for the fighters(in effect, 5 swarmer missiles that fire one missile at a time).
- A carrier cruiser - Soteria Class
- A new test mission, where you can try fighting versus the Hoplite faction (inverted mission).
- Slight tweaks of various ship loadouts.
- A LOT of fiddling with missile placement.
I advise you to change the option under gameplay, so that you take 100% damage instead of 50%.
All of the ships still need balancing, so I will be handing out over 9000 internet points to those who provide feedback
Feedback, praise and criticism are always welcome, so let me know what you think