Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question about traded amongst opposing factions.  (Read 1272 times)

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Question about traded amongst opposing factions.
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:46:05 PM »

So I never did much trading at all (aside from food shortages) so forgive me if this question is a bit silly by why am I seemingly magically losing rep with Hege and Indies when I sell Supplies on Barad A's black market? Barad A has a massive supply shortage apparently and is buying 1 unit of Supplies for 500 credits so I've been buying some Supplies from Jangala, cruising out far enough that its safe to turn off my transponder and then going to Barad A's black market to dump about 50 units each run.

So, with transponder off AND selling on the black market, how is Jangala and Asharu finding out and getting upset? ???

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Question about traded amongst opposing factions.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 10:49:19 PM »

Rumors! They can't quite pin it on you - and running with the transponder off helps a lot here - but word still gets around. For added fun, you're selling on Barad's black market, which is not going to make the "legitimate" crime bosses in charge there very happy.

(I mean, your transponder may be off, but you have to deal with *someone*, your crew still get drunk and talk at ports, etc etc.)

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 11:01:14 PM »

Ah, fair enough. Since I'm trying to be friendly with the Hege this run I guess I have to call it quits on that. >_<

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 11:03:21 PM »

Probably, yeah. Btw: rep gains/losses from trade get lower as you do more trade and it's considered "part of your established pattern". I.E. if you're first suspected of trading with the pirates, it's a big deal. If you're suspected of doing it for the umpteenth time, it's less so. Still counterproductive to trying to get the Hegemony reputation up, though.