Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to make big fleets?  (Read 2815 times)

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
How to make big fleets?
« on: July 31, 2015, 08:24:07 AM »

Hey folks. I have been trying to support a large fleet but I normally can't have more than one or two capital ships before my efficiency and combat readiness become completely impossible to use. How do you make large fleets like the game does?

Also, has our beloved Dev vanished off the face of the earth? There hasn't been a release since April.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: How to make big fleets?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 09:01:10 AM »

Logistics aptitude and the first skill in the logistics category grant extra Logistics Capacity which will let you support a larger fleet.

Have a look at the blog - there is a lot going on in development, and the next update will be a very major one.

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 09:19:03 AM »

My fleet logistics is at 9, what would you recommend?

TheHengeProphet

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 09:40:38 AM »

To my knowledge, AI fleets are not limited like player fleets, allowing them to have rather insane fleet compositions.
This is all good and well, for now, considering the player has the ability to make their fleet much more competent than the AI fleets, through more OP and/or aptitude bonuses.

Consider how your fleet is composed.  Look into the logistics rating of each ship and see how they add up, as this makes a huge difference.  I have two Conquests, six hammerheads, six shades, six afflictors, two tempests, and a tarsus in my fleet, and that pretty much caps me out.  There are no actual cruisers, as I felt they weren't as functional as two destroyers, and often two destroyers weren't as functional as two frigates.  Large fleets are difficult, particularly if you want to maintain maximum CR... 

It'll be easier when the straight 25 ship limit is added, rather than logistics; though, I find the logistics part interesting, as it makes you have to think about fleet effectiveness rather than just dumping 25 cruisers onto the enemy.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »

Also, has our beloved Dev vanished off the face of the earth? There hasn't been a release since April.

Nope, very much still here, plugging away :)

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 11:30:25 AM »

PLUG HARDER!

zenstrata

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 12:24:18 AM »

We appreciate the plugging =)

err wait... that wasn't what it sounded like! *hides*

But more on topic, I usually play with 3 ships.  2 buffalo (pirate version for shielded cargo holds) and 1 aurora (the ship I use to fight things).  I like playing with 1 ship, was never a big fan of too much micro-management in battles, I much prefer just flying about and tackling things with just my primary craft.  The buffalo make good speedy cargo haulers for the loot and supplies to keep me going for a bit.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:28:00 AM by zenstrata »

Sabotsas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 01:33:01 AM »

Hey folks. I have been trying to support a large fleet but I normally can't have more than one or two capital ships...

You can edit some game files to increase your logistic rating.

First option is to flat out increase starting logi rating.
Second option is to tie it to a specific skill.

I did that myself because I enjoy bigger fleets.