Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sellable trade item limit for planets and stations  (Read 1661 times)

Drewsen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Sellable trade item limit for planets and stations
« on: June 09, 2015, 08:46:03 PM »

The other day I lost 68 reputation points from the Hegemony because I sold a planet some food. The fact that I got into SO much trouble for selling food is pretty weird, I would get into less trouble for destroying one of their ships.  

It's like, say someone wants to purchase some fruit because they have none, so they buy 1000 apples but are then so angry with you that they have too many apples that they refuse to trade with you anymore. I understand the need to stop people over-trading and becoming super rich in just a few trade runs, but it feels like entrapment that stops people wanting to trade at all. (Why even have Atlases?)

I think this could be avoided and allow trading to still be fun by either displaying to a player the exact quantity of an item they can sell before creating a food glut, while also obtaining the maximum profit. You could have a warning saying they may cause a food glut if they choose to oversell past this amount.

OR only allowing a player to sell a certain amount depending on the level of the planet/station - this would be much easier to implement.

It's just frustrating not knowing how much to sell - 100, 300? It's all a mystery that could mean you wind up not being allowed to even trade with a certain faction anymore, meaning that people who want to only trade, will wind up having to kill bounties forever just to rebuild that lost reputation.

Regardless, I love the update, keep up the fine work my friend. :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:47:58 PM by Drewsen »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Sellable trade item limit for planets and stations
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 08:52:08 PM »

Hi - yeah, this is definitely a bit of an issue. Probably more to do with how the food shortage event works, but, regardless, something I'd like to streamline at some point.

In the meantime:
It's just frustrating not knowing how much to sell - 100, 300? It's all a mystery that could mean you wind up not being allowed to even trade with a certain faction anymore, meaning that people who want to only trade, will wind up having to kill bounties forever just to rebuild that lost reputation.

The messages regarding the food shortage, on the intel tab, have this info. IIRC, the tooltip for the "food shortage event" market condition does, also. You have to oversell by a factor of 2 to get into "glut" territory.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Sellable trade item limit for planets and stations
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 11:25:21 AM »

The messages regarding the food shortage, on the intel tab, have this info. IIRC, the tooltip for the "food shortage event" market condition does, also. You have to oversell by a factor of 2 to get into "glut" territory.

The info is most definitely there. It's just not.... Obvious.
It doesn't jump out at you and say "hey! this is a thing you should pay attention to before you do anything."

I wonder if it would be possible (and not a complete chore) to have goods on shortage in your hold highlighted in some colour with a mouseover tooltip with the current market shortage details on it?