Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fatal:Invalid enum(1280) (Solved)  (Read 7550 times)

Absolutecero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Fatal:Invalid enum(1280) (Solved)
« on: May 05, 2015, 10:36:26 PM »

Hello I just recently bought Starsector  since it looked like a really good space game to play,however it won't let me start the game. it just gives me the error Fatal:Invalid enum(1280). So if anyone can give me any help with this I would be very great full.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:16:39 AM by Absolutecero »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fatal:Invalid enum(1280)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 10:39:12 PM »

Hi - are your graphics drivers up to date? This sounds like something that would be caused by a driver issue.

Absolutecero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 03:39:49 PM »

Yes I have checked my drivers and they are up to date. I use Intel HD does it have to do with this driver or is it something else because I can't figure out why it will not start. Which is frustrating because the game looks good and I like to get my moneys worth with this game.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 10:17:24 PM »

Hmm. It's hard for me to say exactly what the issue is; I still think it's more than likely a driver problem. (Unfortunately, having the latest version doesn't mean the driver is bug-free.)

It could also be an issue with graphics settings - I'm not familiar with Intel specifically, but both NVIDIA and AMD both have utilities that let you configure various aspects of 3D accelerated graphics, and I'd imagine Intel provides a similar utility. Poking around there might be worth a shot.

Also: make sure your display color depth is set to 32 bit in Windows. If you have multiple graphics cards on your computer (usually the case in laptops that have an on-motherboard card and a decdicated card), make sure it's running the game using the card that you think it does.

Sorry about the trouble! If you still can't get it working an would like a refund, please send me an email at fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com with your order info. I wish I could do more to help, but this really doesn't look like anything I can fix on my end.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 02:28:41 PM »

Also... before reporting this bug / crash,  you are 100% certain you're testing without any mods whatsoever loading, right?  Several mods mess with OpenGL and might also cause these problems.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

hugeknight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 05:37:21 PM »

so i just reinstalled starfarer added all the mods i wanted and i got this error i unticked all the mods and still got this error.

i checked my drivers and they are all up to date.

log is included.

hugeknight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 05:38:08 PM »

screenshot of mod files maybe not installed properly

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 10:18:00 PM »

Did the game work before you installed all the mods? Does doing a clean install of the game and running it without mods help? ("Clean" meaning manually deleting the game folder and re-installing; make sure to copy over any saves you want to keep if you do that.) Basically, we want to try to get mods completely out of the picture here to try and isolate the problem.

hugeknight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 03:07:12 AM »

I just did a clean install and by removing mods from game folder, uninstalling the game, and reinstalling the game and still face the same issue.

should've included this earlier i don't know if its in the log or not but.

cpu: i7-4800MQ
video: nVidia GeForce GTX 780M
ram 16gb

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 09:33:17 AM »

Well, that's unfortunate. I think my previous reply to the OP still pretty much applies:

Hmm. It's hard for me to say exactly what the issue is; I still think it's more than likely a driver problem. (Unfortunately, having the latest version doesn't mean the driver is bug-free.)

It could also be an issue with graphics settings - I'm not familiar with Intel specifically, but both NVIDIA and AMD both have utilities that let you configure various aspects of 3D accelerated graphics, and I'd imagine Intel provides a similar utility. Poking around there might be worth a shot.

Also: make sure your display color depth is set to 32 bit in Windows. If you have multiple graphics cards on your computer (usually the case in laptops that have an on-motherboard card and a decdicated card), make sure it's running the game using the card that you think it does.

One other thing that's a possibility - did you get the latest drivers from NVIDIA, or from your PC manufacturer? The "latest" drivers from the PC manufacturer tend to be very out of date.

hugeknight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 10:56:03 AM »

i got my updates from nvidia and set the game to run always on the gpu

also how do i change it to 32bit colors?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 10:59:25 AM »

Right-click on desktop, "screen resolution", "advanced settings" link, "Monitor" tab, set "Colors" dropdown to "True Color (32bit)" and press "Apply". It's probably set to that already, though.

Another thought: does it matter if you try to run in windowed or fullscreen mode?

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 11:47:51 AM »

If you can post/attach your dxdiag there might be some info in there that would illuminate the issue.

hugeknight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 12:46:05 PM »

still crashes in windowed mode and colors are 32 dx included

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 02:55:12 PM »

Hmm. Can you try editing data/config/settings.json and changing
"vsync":true,
to
"vsync":false,

?

Another option is fiddling with various 3D settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Any vsync and texture quality settings, in particular, may be worth as shot. As may messing with the global performance - quality slider.
Pages: [1] 2