Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 408

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.2c "Concert of Persea" (update 2024-06-15)  (Read 3262445 times)

nacochip

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6d "Lords of War" (fixes 2023-02-12)
« Reply #5220 on: April 14, 2023, 06:09:50 AM »

For the player, you are the suppression fleet. Deliver marines, supplies or weapons to your rebellious holding. You can speak to a local admin, station commander or secretary to do so.

Got it, thanks! Really wish there was a guide that explained all these mechanics though...

Hexxod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: April 15, 2023, 08:23:25 AM »

Got a Qol request for mining. Given the amount of mods with weapons that can be used for mining, would it be possible to have a option in the show mining weapons/ships tab to output a trimmed down list of stuff? Like, say, top 3 items per weapon type and mount size? And maybe another option that gives the best per type/mount but have it checked against whatever blueprints you currently have unlocked?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5222 on: April 15, 2023, 06:54:14 PM »

Got a Qol request for mining. Given the amount of mods with weapons that can be used for mining, would it be possible to have a option in the show mining weapons/ships tab to output a trimmed down list of stuff? Like, say, top 3 items per weapon type and mount size? And maybe another option that gives the best per type/mount but have it checked against whatever blueprints you currently have unlocked?
Thinking about it, the dialog system for the current mining tools display is probably clunky enough (for both dev and user) that I'd prefer to do an entire 'modern' GUI panel for it (Stelnet's various intel items would be a good idea of the concept). Might not do this in the near future though!

I'm fairly sure there is a bug related to colonization of worlds with the "Decivilized" hazard by AI factions. When an AI faction colonizes a world that has the hazard, the colony doesn't make the standard (standard is in: this is what happens when the player colonizes a planet) switch from the "Decivilized" hazard to the "Decivilized Subpopulation" hazard. These are two different hazards, but by the game's default the "Decivilized" one is reserved for uncolonized planets only.
Found this out when I couldn't remove the hazard on an invaded/conquered colony via methods on other mods, which only work on the "Decivilized Subpopulation" hazard apparently.
I just tried it with a console-generated colony expedition to Nova Maxios (runcode exerelin.campaign.intel.colony.ColonyExpeditionIntel.debug("newmaxios") while docked at the target planet) and it replaced Decivilized with Decivilized Subpopulation fine. Was your colony generated by some other method? (e.g. I haven't checked if Vayra's Sector does it properly)

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: April 17, 2023, 07:37:59 AM »

I'm fairly sure there is a bug related to colonization of worlds with the "Decivilized" hazard by AI factions. When an AI faction colonizes a world that has the hazard, the colony doesn't make the standard (standard is in: this is what happens when the player colonizes a planet) switch from the "Decivilized" hazard to the "Decivilized Subpopulation" hazard. These are two different hazards, but by the game's default the "Decivilized" one is reserved for uncolonized planets only.
Found this out when I couldn't remove the hazard on an invaded/conquered colony via methods on other mods, which only work on the "Decivilized Subpopulation" hazard apparently.
I just tried it with a console-generated colony expedition to Nova Maxios (runcode exerelin.campaign.intel.colony.ColonyExpeditionIntel.debug("newmaxios") while docked at the target planet) and it replaced Decivilized with Decivilized Subpopulation fine. Was your colony generated by some other method? (e.g. I haven't checked if Vayra's Sector does it properly)
Hmm, I DO have Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 but I was unaware it also might be responsible for the AI colonization mechanics. I'm afraid I'm unable to confirm or deny which method was used, as I simply noticed the issue after taking the planet.
The colony in question where I noticed the issue myself was invaded/conquered from the Legio Infernalis, which is added through Tahlan Shipworks (a "bootleg" build for compatibility with the latest game version, no less), but I'm not sure if Tahlan  influences the AI colonization mechanics in any way itself.
The planet was also one of the randomly generated non-core, fringe worlds, and it was initially unsurveyed by me before the colonization, if any of this might matter.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 07:39:50 AM by Kh0rnet »

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: April 19, 2023, 11:04:04 AM »

Good day. About consulting - how is it possible to disable the possibility of colonization of planets by factions? At least they did not colonize outside the "inhabited" sector.

Is it possible to order automatic removal of materials from outposts? It's nice to lay down the materials in demand during reconnaissance ... but there is not always a desire to return for them. Is there an option for materials to be removed from outposts (except for suplays and fuel) automatically or to fulfill an order on your planet "Order the removal of materials from a distant storage"?

SlavenOlupina

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: April 21, 2023, 12:11:52 AM »

Hello there,

im having an issue with
Spoiler
Midnight Dissonant quest when you get max reputation. I got the quest, went to the system, found derelict mothership and fought of tri-tachyons. Quest objective updated to "go to prism and talk to midnight", however when i get there there is no dialogue option or anything else. Quest hangs like that and she offers only usual dialogue options, in my case "Have you got any work...", "Return AI cores..." and "Cut comunication...".
[close]
Am i missing something or is this a possible bug?

Cheers

Edit: solution is in the previous posts. My bad for missing it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 12:31:15 AM by SlavenOlupina »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5226 on: April 21, 2023, 01:27:06 AM »

Good day. About consulting - how is it possible to disable the possibility of colonization of planets by factions? At least they did not colonize outside the "inhabited" sector.

Is it possible to order automatic removal of materials from outposts? It's nice to lay down the materials in demand during reconnaissance ... but there is not always a desire to return for them. Is there an option for materials to be removed from outposts (except for suplays and fuel) automatically or to fulfill an order on your planet "Order the removal of materials from a distant storage"?
Setting colonyExpeditionInterval in exerelin_config.json to 99999 or similar (or in next version, to -1) will disable it. There is currently no (easy) way to make factions only set up colonies in the core worlds.

For taking things from outposts, Industrial.Evolution's Courier Port could do it, but I'm not sure if it works with outposts.
If it doesn't, ask SirHartley so I don't have to code the feature myself

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: April 22, 2023, 03:55:33 PM »

I like the buy ship mission (or as I think of it, the sell ship mission). It's useful if you regret spending a story point on an S-mod. Feedback:

1. You can salvage enemy ships with S-mods, sell them via the nexerelin buy-back quest, and receive story points you never had in the first place. Needless to say, that's pretty imbalanced (not sure how you'd fix it, however). Perhaps I can solve this myself by disabling salvaging of ships with S-mods on them.

2. The credit amount is too high - I've sometimes bought a ship through the vanilla mission prompt and then immediately sold it back through the nexerelin buy-back quest, and made money - you should, at best, break even IMO. Partly this could be due to the vanilla buy-a-ship mission being too cheap.

brizz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: April 23, 2023, 11:53:16 AM »

Hello,

i found an exploit / loophole with lower tariffs.

buying enough stock on a planet/station will instantly create a shortage, which in return lets you sell it back with profit, then you can buy it again to normal prices, and repeat this as often as you want, without even having to close the trade window.
lower tariffs make sense, but maybe there should be something to prevent an exploit like this.

Onyx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: April 25, 2023, 10:19:32 AM »

I might just be stupid but I don't seem to have the option to invade planets/stations/etc. My only options are to attack the defenders, raid, or launch an orbital bombardment. And I don't mean it's grayed out or something, I mean it's literally not there. When I started the save this wasn't an issue, but it seems like after I made my own faction it became impossible to invade? Maybe it's because I added mods? idk

Onyx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: April 25, 2023, 11:38:58 AM »

I might just be stupid but I don't seem to have the option to invade planets/stations/etc. My only options are to attack the defenders, raid, or launch an orbital bombardment. And I don't mean it's grayed out or something, I mean it's literally not there. When I started the save this wasn't an issue, but it seems like after I made my own faction it became impossible to invade? Maybe it's because I added mods? idk

Okay, so the issue is the lack of a military HQ. I just needed to get one of those.

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: April 25, 2023, 05:39:35 PM »

Okay, so the issue is the lack of a military HQ. I just needed to get one of those.

Are you using All the Domain Drones+ (ATDD+)? That caused that exact issue for me. Odd that it went away for you after getting a military HQ though.

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: April 26, 2023, 11:20:42 AM »

Setting colonyExpeditionInterval in exerelin_config.json to 99999 or similar (or in next version, to -1) will disable it. There is currently no (easy) way to make factions only set up colonies in the core worlds.

For taking things from outposts, Industrial.Evolution's Courier Port could do it, but I'm not sure if it works with outposts.
If it doesn't, ask SirHartley so I don't have to code the feature myself

Good day. Thank you very much for the help. I hope sooner or later it will be possible to fine-tune, for example, using lunalib.

Junker99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: April 26, 2023, 03:09:10 PM »

Been wondering for a while about Saturation bombardments. The player gets a hit for it but does the AI,  is it possible for this to be a thing? Has it been suggested and I missed. Also loving this mod btw. :D

Afterschool

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: April 28, 2023, 03:45:44 PM »

Hi
I just updated the mod to the newest version for my game and it seems I can't select one of my starting fleet option (with some mod ships) after I copied the ship ids from my older version's player.json file the the new one.

After some testing it seems the ships that was affected are either hided in codex or restricted or some other way(unobtainable by normal means, I think)

Is there some changes to the mod so that I needed to edit the other mod's files in order to use those ships or are there settings that I can disable so that I can use them again?

example ship I used for testing : titanX from interstellar imperium/Virtous from Diable Avionics
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 408