Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3043161 times)

StrikeEcho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4d "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-04-09)
« Reply #4710 on: June 24, 2022, 10:36:32 AM »

Question for mod developer, is there any possibility to add a customizable grace period to start of game? I do get that these factions have existed for quite some time so the universe is already established from point of view of game.
ie.
You start alongside an existing faction, and can set a window where your faction will not involve itself with any alliances or wars for x period of time, up to maximum of maybe a year.

Another setting maybe centered around invasions, where factions can get into wars, but sending invasion fleets (AI Included) is blocked for x period of time. (Pirate/Luddic/Faction raids still available as it doesn't cost you a planet completely)

Points of the above is to add options for smaller starts to have a chance without losing their home planet to invasion in first 20 minutes of play. I've done some small start with RP elements and noticed how hard small starts are when some factions are in Burn the Universe mode from day 1. I enjoy these factions, would just be nice to have a buffer at start if its possible to add this function.

Will just add here that I count Nex as a core mode to game now, can't play it without Nex.
Yeah, you can adjust in the Nex settings json to config how long before a faction can start to accumulate invasion points, and how many points a faction needs to launch an invasion.

Marcus Brutus V

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: June 24, 2022, 10:47:18 AM »

Hi Histidine,

First off, thanks so much for the mod. I can't play the game without it. I consider it vanilla, lol. I did want to ask about a specific interaction though. If I am at war with a faction, I sometimes use invasion fleets. I have run into the following scenario a few times:

1. I am at war with a faction
2. That faction is part of an alliance
3. I spend millions on invasion fleets to attack my enemy
4. The faction votes to end war with me
5. I get no option to accept or decline a peace treaty
6. The war ends, and I lose that money for the invasion fleets + the loss of the potential colony.

Is the above scenario intended gameplay?

I've run into this Scenario many times, that is huge part of being in an Alliance and being a smaller portion of it. unless you gain dominance of Alliance (most power) you can and will lose fleets. I'm not sure if this is fully intended or if Dev will add a partial refund to these scenarios, assuming not because in lore those fleets hired would still need pay.

You misunderstand the scenario. I am not in an alliance. The AI is able to avoid being attacked because IT is an alliance.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4712 on: June 24, 2022, 06:41:27 PM »

The alliance vote only happens if one of the members makes peace with an enemy faction or alliance (you, in this case). "Make peace" is if relationship goes above -50 for whatever reason such as a diplomacy event or a specific rep-raising action, or (although this is technically just a subset of the first one) the player specifically accepts the ceasefire offer from the other faction.

If the relationship is becoming non-hostile without a diplo event or any action to raise relations... well, someone recently reported that their relationship with Iron Shell was getting raised to >50 on its own on day zero of invasions, though I'm not sure that's the same thing, and neither Tim nor I knew where it might be coming from in any case. Which faction were you fighting?

Marcus Brutus V

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: June 24, 2022, 09:32:41 PM »

I am playing with several faction mods. In this instance, I was at war with the Galactic Empire from the Star Wars mod. It seems the Emperor really does have unlimited power. They are in an alliance with the First Order and the Chiss Ascendancy. After engaging one of their planets' defenses on their outskirts to begin open hostilities, I sent 3 invasion fleets to one of the Empire's key worlds, and they somehow orchestrated peace before my fleets got there without a ceasefire or peace prompt on my end.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:28:47 PM by Marcus Brutus V »

Artyom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Special Task Forces
« Reply #4714 on: June 25, 2022, 02:14:44 AM »

The other factions can create multiple Task Forces while the player can only create 1 that doesn't seem fair

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
Re: Special Task Forces
« Reply #4715 on: June 25, 2022, 09:13:01 AM »

The other factions can create multiple Task Forces while the player can only create 1 that doesn't seem fair

The player faction has two Task Forces. You can guess which the other one is.

Madcat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: June 26, 2022, 01:39:15 AM »

Is there any way to increase how many point you start with when you make your own faction?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4717 on: June 27, 2022, 05:54:06 PM »

The player faction has two Task Forces. You can guess which the other one is.
Also it's not like the player needs help stomping the NPC factions.

That said, having multiple task groups probably isn't a balance issue of any real impact, so I've removed the limit for next version.

Is there any way to increase how many point you start with when you make your own faction?
No :( Although I'll reiterate that it's only a guide for players; you can spend 9999 points at start if there are that many things to buy.

JillSandwich

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: June 27, 2022, 11:15:07 PM »

Hey, I've gotten myself into a silly situation probably due to my own short sightedness. Basically I became best friends with Midnight Dissonant and neutral to the Remnant so they didn't attack me. I noticed one of their systems had two tasty terran planets and I thought "hey, free space defences too" and I used them.
The thing is, my planets are in constant shortage. I'm not at war with anyone, there are no pirates nor Pathers, so the only possible culprit is them. I thought they wouldn't attack my caravans since I'm neutral to them but apparently they do.
Is there any way to remedy this, or will I have to clean them from the system?

Thanks.

Marcus Brutus V

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: June 28, 2022, 12:30:38 AM »

The alliance vote only happens if one of the members makes peace with an enemy faction or alliance (you, in this case). "Make peace" is if relationship goes above -50 for whatever reason such as a diplomacy event or a specific rep-raising action, or (although this is technically just a subset of the first one) the player specifically accepts the ceasefire offer from the other faction.

If the relationship is becoming non-hostile without a diplo event or any action to raise relations... well, someone recently reported that their relationship with Iron Shell was getting raised to >50 on its own on day zero of invasions, though I'm not sure that's the same thing, and neither Tim nor I knew where it might be coming from in any case. Which faction were you fighting?

Is there anything else you'd like to help? Do you want a savefile? I'm eager to do my small part because this a really frustrating issue.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4720 on: June 28, 2022, 02:38:34 AM »

Is there anything else you'd like to help? Do you want a savefile? I'm eager to do my small part because this a really frustrating issue.
If you have a save I can try debugging the issue, yeah.
Although if it's running a lot of mods that's troublesome to work with, especially if not all mods are up to date. If you could post a zip of your mod folder it'd help a lot with that issue.

Hey, I've gotten myself into a silly situation probably due to my own short sightedness. Basically I became best friends with Midnight Dissonant and neutral to the Remnant so they didn't attack me. I noticed one of their systems had two tasty terran planets and I thought "hey, free space defences too" and I used them.
The thing is, my planets are in constant shortage. I'm not at war with anyone, there are no pirates nor Pathers, so the only possible culprit is them. I thought they wouldn't attack my caravans since I'm neutral to them but apparently they do.
Is there any way to remedy this, or will I have to clean them from the system?

Thanks.
Yeah, Remnants can attack trade fleets coming to your planets and cause problems like this. If you want to make them go away without losing rep (or cheating), sneak up on their station without being seen by any fleets and destroy it (the fleets know who you are even with transponder off, but the station doesn't) and kill it. The fleets should then disperse after some time.

jogapad199

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: June 28, 2022, 07:01:31 AM »

Hello. Where edit commander(Special  Forces) skills max points? Thx.
Sry for bad transliteration.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: June 28, 2022, 12:58:56 PM »

Bug in "completed story" mode: if you get the ziggurat and land on Galatia, the quest actually starts :S

archer90

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: June 30, 2022, 02:03:59 PM »

Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be to implement a non-random way to choose your starting fleet? I imagine you would be given either a dollar or DP amount depending on the group selected (i.e. small combat, large combat, small trade, large trade etc.) then it would open up a trade window and you would make your selection from there. (ask because I'm banging my head against the wall trying to get the (M) version of the flotilla leader must've rolled like 500+)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 02:07:07 PM by archer90 »

jerri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: June 30, 2022, 09:03:56 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Not entirely sure what happened to trigger this, there is a remnant raid about to attack one of my systems but I've already told the task group to ignore it (by just orbiting a different planet). Was just flying around in hyperspace when the message appeared. I made a quick copy of the log in case it's needed.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 398