Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013179 times)

Cruis.In

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4 "Dissonance" (update 2022-01-29)
« Reply #4440 on: January 29, 2022, 12:08:09 PM »

is this ok to update on an existing save?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4441 on: January 29, 2022, 05:13:03 PM »

Really love this mod!
There is a small problem to report:
In the launcher mods viewer, it still shows the version of 0.10.3y rather than 0.10.4, is that the result of replacing the hotfix jar?
Oversight on my part with the mod_info file, will be fixed in 0.10.4b.

Just updated Nex today, only mod that needed an update, found the new mission with N and completed it, but now I can't save my game or make a save copy, not sure if its related or not but seems likely?

Can you please take a look, stacktrace below:

Spoiler
627389 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error saving game
627389 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  -
java.lang.StackOverflowError
   at java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.encode(Unknown Source)
   at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implWrite(Unknown Source)
   at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.write(Unknown Source)
   at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.write(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.stream.writers.XMLStreamWriterImpl.closeStartTag(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.stream.writers.XMLStreamWriterImpl.writeCharacters(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.txw2.output.DelegatingXMLStreamWriter.writeCharacters(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.txw2.output.IndentingXMLStreamWriter.onStartElement(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.txw2.output.IndentingXMLStreamWriter.writeStartElement(Unknown Source)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxWriter.startNode(StaxWriter.java:191)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.AbstractWriter.startNode(AbstractWriter.java:53)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.WriterWrapper.startNode(WriterWrapper.java:33)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.path.PathTrackingWriter.startNode(PathTrackingWriter.java:44)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.ExtendedHierarchicalStreamWriterHelper.startNode(ExtendedHierarchicalStreamWriterHelper.java:17)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.writeField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:224)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.<init>(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:213)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doMa rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:144)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.mars hal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:90)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:69)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(TreeMarshaller.java:58)
repeats a million times
[close]

My most recent save was just before I interacted with
Spoiler
the domain mothership
[close]
and that save point still seems to be fine, I can make copies/save with no issues.

Just a small update:
Spoiler
I went through the story again and did the fight with tri-tach and couldn't save the game again after that, same error.
[close]
Hmm, try finishing the mission and then playing for some time more (return to home system or whatever) and try saving then.
If it fails again, could you zip the full log and upload it? It might be the same issue as the one I spotted once before.

is this ok to update on an existing save?
There's an issue that can cause 0.10.3i saves to fail to load, see here for details. Otherwise, it's compatible.

ktarn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: January 29, 2022, 07:00:22 PM »

Hmm, try finishing the mission and then playing for some time more (return to home system or whatever) and try saving then.
If it fails again, could you zip the full log and upload it? It might be the same issue as the one I spotted once before.

Sure, I started a new log for you: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jt38qK6zDtPCgnA8PASTVfxKR4uGCWrK/view?usp=sharing

From my most recent save point, I went through the mission and returned all the way back to Midnight and reported progress but did not take the next mission and attempted to save and got the same error.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4443 on: January 29, 2022, 08:02:11 PM »

Thanks! It looks like the same error I got, but I can't reliably reproduce with the save I had (and when I can, I can't figure out what causes it).

Have you increased the game's RAM allocation in vmparams? That modlist looks like it needs an increased allocation to work at all, but try increasing it further and see if that allows saving. Meanwhile, I suppose I could keep poking the save I have to maybe figure it out.

EDIT: Quick thing you can try:
Spoiler
When fighting the enemy fleet, do it away from the mothership (or just don't plug in the AI core) so the ally shards don't spawn.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 08:08:40 PM by Histidine »

ktarn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: January 29, 2022, 08:24:03 PM »

Thanks! It looks like the same error I got, but I can't reliably reproduce with the save I had (and when I can, I can't figure out what causes it).

Have you increased the game's RAM allocation in vmparams? That modlist looks like it needs an increased allocation to work at all, but try increasing it further and see if that allows saving. Meanwhile, I suppose I could keep poking the save I have to maybe figure it out.

EDIT: Quick thing you can try:
Spoiler
When fighting the enemy fleet, do it away from the mothership (or just don't plug in the AI core) so the ally shards don't spawn.
[close]

I had it set to 8 gigs, I bumped it up to 16gigs just to see if it would make a difference, it didn't.  I've managed to isolate the save issue down to this exact point:

Spoiler
Fighting the Tri Tach Group
[close]

I can save right before it, and once I'm past that point I can't save anymore.

Spoiler
I've tried it both with and without the ally shards (by plugging in an alpha or not plugging in any cores), it makes no difference. 
[close]

I may just have to start a new game possibly, since this was an upgrade mid game and see if I still run into this issue.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4445 on: January 29, 2022, 08:44:38 PM »

Oh, my mistake, I was storing the problematic memory value in the enemy fleet, not the ally fleet.

New possible solution: Console kill command on the enemy fleet, do the rest of the mission, go on your merry way.

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: January 29, 2022, 08:47:00 PM »

One overly long changelog later, I've finished the planned update. Let me know if any issues crop up, but otherwise it's time for me to chill a bit 8)

Nexerelin v0.10.3i ( <- Wait, what? )
Download

Don't know why your post was showing the release as v0.10.3i (same with the Download link below it), but at least the OP links are pointing to the latest build (v0.10.4).

Also, I would like to report that with your latest "Dissonance" update (plus hotfix .jar), it seems that some of the starting config options -- namely, the ones under 5. Other options -- are no longer working properly.

Spoiler
I've tested this with various faction mods, but whenever I spawn in:
  • My starting ships all have D-mods... despite clearly setting Starting D-mods to none.
  • I do not get the +500 sensor range bonus from Easy mode, implying that the Easy mode setting is broken too.

Not sure if this means stuff on the other config screens (e.g. 4. Faction settings) are also not being applied properly as well.
[close]

UPDATE: I stand corrected. Downgrading to v0.10.3i (while keeping my 120+ other mods untouched) also resulted in the same issues as above, but I now know for a fact that Nexerelin is not to blame for any of this.
Time to go back through my mod update timestamps, see which mod that I recently updated (yesterday) is causing possible overrides...

UPDATE #2: The D-mods were coming from Starpocalypse, which by default forces all starting ships to be D-modded irrespective of Nexerelin settings.

I am a dumb dumb.

Still no clue on the Sensor Strength issue, but I'm certain whatever's causing this is now outside the purview of Nexerelin. Xiè Xiè!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 01:22:57 AM by Obsidian Actual »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4b "Dissonance" (hotfix 2022-01-30)
« Reply #4447 on: January 29, 2022, 11:12:24 PM »

Hotfix for various issues (also fixed the previous download post, oops)

Nexerelin v0.10.4b
Download

Changelog
## v0.10.4b ##
* Fix crash when NPCs attempt to merge alliances
* Fix stack overflow on saving after battle in Remnant mission 2
* Fix Remnant brawl mission preferring damaged stations instead of the opposite; increase merc fleet size
* Fix starting officer XP

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: January 30, 2022, 04:39:32 AM »

Speaking of Player Special Task Group fleets, interesting its possible to make Fleet Skill selection menu scalable? With my Skill Edit mod which have extra skills you can't select skills which at bottom of UI.

Also its seems get almost destroyed pretty quick, by small remnant fleet with one capital ship, but this fleet should destroy it without much effort since of having S-Mods and so on, I guess its problem because these battles auto calculated, and if I recall only fleet points matter much in battles where player doesn't take action, maybe its good idea make fleet points multiply when ships have SMods and installed dangerous weaponry?

Also another idea for cool option, when Player Strike Fleet gets into battle, instead of auto-resolve make game enter into combat mode, where you control you strike group.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 04:54:52 AM by BreenBB »

ktarn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: January 30, 2022, 06:52:34 AM »

Oh, my mistake, I was storing the problematic memory value in the enemy fleet, not the ally fleet.

New possible solution: Console kill command on the enemy fleet, do the rest of the mission, go on your merry way.

I updated and also ran the kill command, it worked!

Thanks!

ceemeeoh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: January 31, 2022, 07:45:54 PM »

I probably missed something, but is there a means of seeing faction progress left before a win condition, or a warning before another faction is about to win (e.g. "1 condition left before Hegemony/Sindrian Alliance win, better hurry!")

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4452 on: February 02, 2022, 07:47:13 AM »

I probably missed something, but is there a means of seeing faction progress left before a win condition, or a warning before another faction is about to win (e.g. "1 condition left before Hegemony/Sindrian Alliance win, better hurry!")
There isn't a popup warning, but the Scoreboard intel (in fleet log and story tabs) will show how close everyone is to the 4X win conditions.

Is the Own Faction distance setting working right? I selected non-core and started on Odessa.
I'd also heard of the starting colony appearing in Hejaz (unpopulated system in DME mod) when it shouldn't. Might be some weirdness with the system tags, I should probably actually find the time to check what's happening.

Theurgist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: February 02, 2022, 07:28:52 PM »

I have a query I can't seem to find the answer for anywhere, google & searching here both come up empty:
I'm trying to recover some ships in my Special Task Force, but it says it needs a 'non-inhospitable market' close. I'm in my own sector, only my factions stuff here, and it worked once here before. Really confused

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4454 on: February 02, 2022, 07:52:23 PM »

Hmm, how close? It needs to be within 200 units of the relevant planet; try giving the orbit order. If it still fails, upload a zip of the save (if it doesn't have a huge number of mods) and I could check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 396