Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: Of Slipstreams and Sensor Ghosts (09/24/21)

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 278

Author Topic: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.3c "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-09-18)  (Read 1754145 times)

robepriority

• Commander
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.2c "Mercenaries and Patriots" (fixes 2021-06-12)
« Reply #3960 on: June 13, 2021, 08:42:35 AM »

Agent capacity doesn't increase with faction size.

There's also the negotiator.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3961 on: June 14, 2021, 12:05:25 PM »

having what looks like a (minor) bug; i just conquered the entirely of arcadia (!!!), gave old james to pirates, gave everything except the citadel (gonna upgrade it to HC) & nomios (gonna give it commerce) autonomy, went back to Magec to give Tibicena autonomy while I was at it and... its staying on the colonies screen. Not sure what's up with that. I exited the game & reloaded to see if it'd do it twice and it has
https://imgur.com/a/9DGHzob
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

robepriority

• Commander
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: June 14, 2021, 08:51:58 PM »

A few things:
Is there a good way to track progress twoards Victory Conditions and Administrator Capactity  Upgrades?

Does anyone feel like  Chancelledon  and Quaras are too strong as first conquest options?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 08:54:42 PM by robepriority »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #3963 on: June 15, 2021, 02:26:39 AM »

having what looks like a (minor) bug; i just conquered the entirely of arcadia (!!!), gave old james to pirates, gave everything except the citadel (gonna upgrade it to HC) & nomios (gonna give it commerce) autonomy, went back to Magec to give Tibicena autonomy while I was at it and... its staying on the colonies screen. Not sure what's up with that. I exited the game & reloaded to see if it'd do it twice and it has
Is the issue about Tibicena staying on the colony screen? That's because it has player items stored, hence the "Storage" bit where the size would be.

Is there a good way to track progress twoards Victory Conditions and Administrator Capactity  Upgrades?
Not currently. Maybe I'll add a screen or intel item for such things.

adamzl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: June 15, 2021, 09:32:14 AM »

Would it be possible to add colony industry items and AI cores (the stuff you can steal from colonies with raiding) to the fleet departure missions? Allowing piracy of high value items to steal and allowing a path to building colonies without needing to explore the whole sector (a part of the game I find boring).
  • Hegemony fleets move captured AI cores around like a prisoner transport
  • Neutral scavenger fleets return with rare items
  • Tri-Tachyon moves items out to distant research bases
  • Remnant fleets moving items between high and medium danger systems

Atrophus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: June 15, 2021, 10:15:44 AM »

Any chance we can get a "preserved core systems" mode? I'd love to have all the functionalities of nexerelin, but the core sector loosing character by having factions wiped out or bereft of their planets by other factions just makes me sad. So that factions colonise the outer systems and battle for them, but the core remains outside of player agency.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3966 on: June 15, 2021, 12:51:43 PM »

Is the issue about Tibicena staying on the colony screen? That's because it has player items stored, hence the "Storage" bit where the size would be.

OH MY GOD THATS SO SMART. This mod is so good that it has features so clever that I just assume that they must be bugs bc theres no way the mod is good enough to have my storage planet show up on my colonies screen so I dont forget where I stored stuff
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: June 15, 2021, 12:59:24 PM »

OH MY GOD THATS SO SMART. This mod is so good that it has features so clever that I just assume that they must be bugs bc theres no way the mod is good enough to have my storage planet show up on my colonies screen so I dont forget where I stored stuff
I'm pretty sure showing storage on the colonies screen is a vanilla feature, actually. It's usually never seen since you can just store stuff in one of the three abandoned stations. But it can crop up when you use contacts-based production, since you'll be given access to storage on the market they're on in order to actually have a place to drop off whatever you ordered.

SpaceDrake

• Lieutenant
  • Mio Harcourt: fixin' the Machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: June 15, 2021, 04:19:17 PM »

Any chance we can get a "preserved core systems" mode? I'd love to have all the functionalities of nexerelin, but the core sector loosing character by having factions wiped out or bereft of their planets by other factions just makes me sad. So that factions colonise the outer systems and battle for them, but the core remains outside of player agency.

The conquest/unification of the Core Worlds is... kind of the entire point of Nexerelin. :V You're asking for more or less a fundamentally different experience. (And why would conflict over outer colonies not spill into the Core?)

robepriority

• Commander
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: June 15, 2021, 05:19:06 PM »

You can also just disable invasions.

Atrophus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: June 16, 2021, 11:30:38 AM »

The conquest/unification of the Core Worlds is... kind of the entire point of Nexerelin. :V You're asking for more or less a fundamentally different experience. (And why would conflict over outer colonies not spill into the Core?)
Uhhh I guess^^
To me the appeal of the mod was that the different factions would colonise worlds as well, expanding markets, and be alive beyond having inconsequential hostilities here and there. Its just that I kept thinking "Nooo Hegemony, you cant just extinguish TriTach!" And had to conquer back their planets for them x)

You can also just disable invasions.
That sounds like a plan, I'll try that. Thanks  :)

Merieman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3971 on: June 19, 2021, 12:41:51 AM »

I'm afraid my inexperience is showing. I'm trying to change the Prism Freeport to spawn in hyperspace again, rather than Sitnalta, and I'm blindly looking through the config mentioned in the notes for what to alter. Could anyone lend a hand and make me feel slightly-silly for how simple this probably is?

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: June 19, 2021, 03:16:03 AM »

Uhhh I guess^^
To me the appeal of the mod was that the different factions would colonise worlds as well, expanding markets, and be alive beyond having inconsequential hostilities here and there. Its just that I kept thinking "Nooo Hegemony, you cant just extinguish TriTach!" And had to conquer back their planets for them x)

I feel you, especially when one of the original powers gets rolled by a mod faction.
You can always just console command (setmarketowner) it back to whomever it belonged to if you feel that a planet is too defining for a faction to be lost.

dreamdancer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: June 20, 2021, 03:57:20 AM »

I'm trying to change the Prism Freeport to spawn in hyperspace again, rather than Sitnalta, and I'm blindly looking through the config mentioned in the notes for what to alter.

The config file "exerelin_config.json" is in the mod directory. Set "prismInHyperspace" to true.

Patchy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: June 22, 2021, 06:59:54 PM »

So I love the new breath of life this mod gives the game after you've finished the story and explored the whole vanilla sector. But I have an issue and although I realize this is part of the intention of the mod, well...within the first year the Hegemony "won" the game by allying with the Persean League. Which is strange given who they are naturally...but also that was going on while I'm still in the early game diapers of an independent fleet.
Kinda takes the wind out of your sails, you know? So I continue playing because I've already sunk a fair number of hours in at this point. And now whenever I find a nice world to put a pin in and save for later colonization the Heg/Per alliance colonizes the planet first.
On one hand it's exactly what they would do if they really were a space faring superpower. Makes it feel like you're really in an RTS of sorts where you really need to keep up with the competition. Which is great for some players. On the other it kind of punishes people like me who like to take their time and wait for the right time for them. I like to explore every nearby system before I set my eyes on a colony site. I like a lot of other things this mod does but that, to me, makes it not worth the trouble. Anyway, I'm rooting around in the config to disable invasions or colonization's or expeditions or whatever stops them from expanding like wildfire.

Sooo, the whole point of this long winded  post was to ask if there could  be some kind of supported option to stymie expansion outside the core worlds and to slow down the actions of the factions so that, in the event you aren't allied with who has the most friends in 6 months of game time, you don't "lose" the game. before you even have a real chance to win.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 07:01:48 PM by Patchy »
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 278