Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013953 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

So I have a weird issue, Hegemony conquered an ARS base, and now I get "Hegemony Respawns" messages over and over. Is this a problem with Legacy of Arkgneisis or Nex you think? I have faction respawn set to off.

Edit: I had the bright idea to kill the base with console comands and now I get "Neutral Faction Respawns" and then Neutral Faction Disbands over and over instead.
Yeah, seems like a weird interaction with the Reparations Society logic on gaining/losing markets. I'll discuss with Gwyvern about why it's happening.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile

In a prespawned system who has the initial "claim" on a systems worlds? Or is it split evenly among the existing polities in the system?

(Trying to figure out why Kadur Remnant is getting invaded in the first few cycles of game start).

Kadur is treated more like a "proper" faction than the pirates or Path, and they start out hostile with everybody, so they're going to get steamrolled a bunch. They got crushed early in my new game too, but I realized real fast what was happening.

Yeah, it's an obscure bug somewhere in the vanilla code. I've reported to Alex, but don't know if it's being worked on.
(One odd workaround is to start at level 2, the crash only happens at level 1 for some reason)

Yeah, I was going to say, I tried out the level 2 thing and I *think* what's going on is that the game is being thrown for a loop by the fact that the level 1 tutorial start actually holds back your initial, level 1 skill point. The game is "forced" to skip you buying your initial skill point like you do on any other start (including in vanilla), and as a result, when the Nex stuff is applied on top of that and there's no skillpoint to allocate at all, the game gets very confused. The level 2+ start still skips the time advancement for some reason, but that generally appears to just be cosmetic.

And thanks for the quick response! I do adore the mod and all my friends were right (although I do have some Opinions™ about the way diplomacy events are handled w/r/t a player-established faction...)

tiberazure

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello, i do not know where else to ask this. Anyways, so I had the quest for red planet, but it was bit too early for me , so i decided not to pick it up ( dumb mistake ). So after a bit of time the same place where the quest giver was got sat bombed by pirates. Afterwards the quest giver disappeared from the game. I checked for days "irl" time to find the old spacer questgiver in every bar possible, with dev mode jumping around the sector. I never found her again.

So i am at a conundrum, where can i find the old spacer or the red planet that case. Easy answer from others is always the same": you can still find the planet randomly". But with adjusted sector i have more constellations then usual, so i think it doesnt follow the regular spawn pattern.
I tried reading about posts about this in the past, of people struggling to find, i saw one post by you Histidine. About a command for console, but i believe its outdated, as it failed to comply, or with edits, to the code it doesnt do anything.
So any tips what to do about it, kinda tired of searching for the red planet, as i mostly want it for the planetery shield, i was hoping to get much earlier as i have brawl mode enabled and some invasion fleets are 15+fleets big and i have fleet sizes of 40. Because of that the shield would protect my colonies much better.
All in all, thx for any help provided!

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile

custom scenario 'avatar of vengeance'. it says it has a 'class load failure, disabled' anyone know how to enable this fun looking custom start?

Cyresnershull

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So I have an issue with a missing NPC. Specifically, the High Hegemon. When I take over Chicomoztoc, the capital of the Hegemony where the High Hegemon stays, he disappears from the game and I can't find him anywhere. Am I just blind or this a known issue?

For Mods, I only have Console Commands, LazyLib, MagicLib and Nexerelin.

Any help would be appreciated.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

The level 2+ start still skips the time advancement for some reason, but that generally appears to just be cosmetic.
Forgot to mention this earlier, but tutorial (including vanilla) intentionally doesn't have the time pass at start.

custom scenario 'avatar of vengeance'. it says it has a 'class load failure, disabled' anyone know how to enable this fun looking custom start?
It's broken and cannot be played until SEEKER updates.

So I have an issue with a missing NPC. Specifically, the High Hegemon. When I take over Chicomoztoc, the capital of the Hegemony where the High Hegemon stays, he disappears from the game and I can't find him anywhere. Am I just blind or this a known issue?
It's a bug when player captures markets (the previous admin disappears forever).

To work around, dock with Chicomoztoc and enter the following in console (copy and paste):
Code: java
runcode MarketAPI market = Global.getSector().getCampaignUI().getCurrentInteractionDialog().getInteractionTarget().getMarket();
market.addPerson(Global.getSector().getImportantPeople().getPerson("daud"));
market.getCommDirectory().addPerson(Global.getSector().getImportantPeople().getPerson("daud"));

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile

So I have a weird issue, Hegemony conquered an ARS base, and now I get "Hegemony Respawns" messages over and over. Is this a problem with Legacy of Arkgneisis or Nex you think? I have faction respawn set to off.

Edit: I had the bright idea to kill the base with console comands and now I get "Neutral Faction Respawns" and then Neutral Faction Disbands over and over instead.
Yeah, seems like a weird interaction with the Reparations Society logic on gaining/losing markets. I'll discuss with Gwyvern about why it's happening.

Do you have any ideas for how to turn of the messages? Is my only option to conquer the base?

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Does Prism sell the end-game redacted weapons you'd normally get from the storyline end fights?

if not, is there a way to add them to the list? Just messing around with builds and it would be fun to be able to get them in game instead of just with console commands.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Do you have any ideas for how to turn of the messages? Is my only option to conquer the base?
If you haven't seen it already, the latest version of LoA (1.9.10) fixes the issue.
(Although I see you also found the kill workaround)

Does Prism sell the end-game redacted weapons you'd normally get from the storyline end fights?

if not, is there a way to add them to the list? Just messing around with builds and it would be fun to be able to get them in game instead of just with console commands.
Prism doesn't currently sell the secret weapons. It's hardcoded to ignore stuff with the "restricted" tag, so you could remove that tag from vanilla's weapon_data.csv (this might cause the weapons to appear in unrelated places, like during salvaging).

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thanks for the reply!

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Neat, it worked. And they are exorbitantly expensive, which is exactly what i want lol.

Is there a weapons whitelist in prism's config, or is it only a faction whitelist and weapons blacklist?

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile

I'm sorry for asking, but is it normal that there is a super weak "super ship" that i get from the super ship option?

https://imgur.com/a/CsSY9G9

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile

The hyperion is arguably the strongest(and rarest) frigate in vanilla.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile

but it is not a big ship that would probably be able to actually beat it

Bob69Joe

• Lieutenant
  • Steam: Herr Derrierr with the tiger picture
    • View Profile

I'm sorry for asking, but is it normal that there is a super weak "super ship" that i get from the super ship option?

https://imgur.com/a/CsSY9G9
You're gonna want to get the advanced maneuvers skill right off, and the resistant conduits to dump flux asap unless you're trying safety overrides. That teleport ability allows you to take out a Conquest with ease, but you need to be at zero flux.
Search = 'site:cakravartin.com Hermetic Tradition'
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 396