Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3048011 times)

biru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.4c "Mambo No. 9" (fixes 2019-09-11)
« Reply #2550 on: September 23, 2019, 05:22:38 AM »

Hey! Sorry for the noob question, but how do you capture markets exactly? I didn't find any option to do so under miltary options or specical functions, well, there is an option to invade in military but its always greyed out with stations "Any orbital station and interfering fleets must be remoed before an invasion is possible", so how is it done? or can someone refer me to a tutorial page of the mod or something? I didnt find much information looking around.

Do exactly what it says. Remove all orbiting stations (orbital station, battlestation, or star fortress) with extreme firepower, as well as any troops orbiting the planet that isn't yours, then use marines to Invade the planet.

That or you can go to special actions and, if you have your own commissioned faction or you have your own faction itself, you can call in a fleet. Designate fleet points and how many marines you put in (try to put in more than the estimate of how many forces there will be in the system to defend) then click OK. It will spend a lot of credits but its worth it depending on what your raiding.

Hmm i worded my original comment poorly, what i meant is that i thought there was a way to capture space stations built within the mod, so destroying the station is not the way to capture it, or am i mistaken?

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: September 23, 2019, 05:48:20 AM »

You just destroy the orbital station and it will then be disrupted for a number of days, undergoing repairs. Then you can invade if you have enough marines with you.

There is no way of taking over a colony without getting rid of the orbital station or defending fleets first, as far as I know.

Caiaphas_Cain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: September 23, 2019, 09:11:16 PM »

Anyone else running into this problem? I keep crashing out with the error message, "Fatal: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]".

In the log it states

"java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.OO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getEnabledModPlugins(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)"

and frankly I have no idea what it means. The only reason I think the error originates with this mod is the "exerelin" tag, since that's fairly distinctive.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2553 on: September 24, 2019, 04:15:22 AM »

Hey, not sure if this has been brought up or is an issue for anyone else, but I feel like the "Request a Fleet" option is a bit oddly priced. Early in the colony game, when I might use it to attack a pirate base I don't have time to deal with myself, even small fleets are quite expensive.

However, once in late game where the millions of credits fly in and I have a bunch of good blueprints, I can order a max invasion force with 10+ fleets and dozens of capitals (Pandemoniums in my case, thanks Diable for the BP) for around a 1million.

So early they seem too expensive, late game they don't cost enough. Would there be a way to scale it differently, say, increase the cost per Force Point or something?
I'm increasing the cost factor for invasion fleets a bit in next version, at least.

Also, if you time it right and set the force points correctly, you can create huge defense forces for yourself. If you see someone invading you with a force too big to handle, you request your own invasion fleet to wherever, set to gather at the invaded system, and time it so it spawns exactly when the enemy fleet arrives.
Boom, now there are 25 Pandemoniums waiting to bash in some Persean League face.

Not sure if this is intended or known and also not sure how you would prevent players from doing it.
Not really intended, yeah (if it was, I'd let the player buy defense fleets directly). Though I'm not sure how I'd prevent it either...

What I'd like to do is limit how much the player can spend on fleet requests at once, so you couldn't buy 25 capitals' worth of fleets at once, or if you could you wouldn't be able to do it for a long time. I'd need to think over how the limit would work (and just as importantly, how it'd be presented to the player) though.

Anyone else running into this problem? I keep crashing out with the error message, "Fatal: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]".

In the log it states

"java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]

and frankly I have no idea what it means. The only reason I think the error originates with this mod is the "exerelin" tag, since that's fairly distinctive.
One of your mods looks broken. What's your modlist?

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: September 24, 2019, 06:01:58 AM »

On said planet, talk to your administrator - you'll see an option to transfer ownership which will then allow you to select the receiving faction.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: September 24, 2019, 07:50:47 AM »

It's a small thing that keeps bugging me, but can the system and owner be swapped around?
For instance, this just popped up:

[REDACTED] Raid
- Held by Hegemony
- Cymenemon star system

Which makes it sound like the Hegemony is holding a raid on the Cymenemon system, which is under the control of the [REDACTED].

Swapping it around would emphasis that it is the star system that is held by X, not the raid.

Caiaphas_Cain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: September 24, 2019, 08:30:21 PM »

In the log it states

One of your mods looks broken. What's your modlist?

I downloaded and installed the Combat Chatter, Combat Analytics, Common Radar, LazyLib, Nexerelin, Dark.Revenant's Ship and Weapon Pack, SkilledUp, SpeedUp, and Version Checker mods just yesterday.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2559 on: September 25, 2019, 04:06:27 AM »

It looks like you're missing GraphicsLib, you need to install and enable that as well.

Caiaphas_Cain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: September 25, 2019, 06:36:21 AM »

It looks like you're missing GraphicsLib, you need to install and enable that as well.

Bugger me, that simple? Thanks!

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: September 25, 2019, 08:08:00 AM »

Hey, not sure if this has been brought up or is an issue for anyone else, but I feel like the "Request a Fleet" option is a bit oddly priced. Early in the colony game, when I might use it to attack a pirate base I don't have time to deal with myself, even small fleets are quite expensive.

However, once in late game where the millions of credits fly in and I have a bunch of good blueprints, I can order a max invasion force with 10+ fleets and dozens of capitals (Pandemoniums in my case, thanks Diable for the BP) for around a 1million.

So early they seem too expensive, late game they don't cost enough. Would there be a way to scale it differently, say, increase the cost per Force Point or something?
I'm increasing the cost factor for invasion fleets a bit in next version, at least.

Cool, and cheers for your answer and insights.

After another few hours of game time doing mostly invasions and counter invasions, I guess to me the larger issue is that when you are invaded, it is waaaaay easier to just fly to the invasion's colony of origin and counter-invade it instead of waiting for their huge fleets to murder you.
I don't know if starfarer mode adresses this but most colonies with battlestations or below are not too hard to crack and kill, which stops invasions months before they even start assembling.

Would there be a way to scale defense fleets (like detachments and fast pickets) for ai factions with player level or something? Or with their income?

Or maybe I am just too used to Freelancer and EVE where defense fleets of civilized systems will just tear you apart early,mid and late game if you make trouble. Whereas in Starsector, even modded, a fleet with 4+ capitals, 2000 Marines and 4000 fuel can just waltz over to Chicomoztoc and invade it whenever they want.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: September 25, 2019, 09:24:45 AM »

Speaking of that, another related issue is if a faction successfully invades and takes over one of your colonies, you can just go to that colony and re-invade, and you nulled the entire purpose of the enemy invasion.

The fix I propose, that isn't too intensive (like having defense fleets hover for a long time), is that the "invade" option in military options is faded out, and when you hover over it, it reads "it is impossible to raid this colony; the current leaders of the colony have heavily fortified it due to unrest in the local region, and local patrols are upgraded to deal with a possible retaliation by the original owners. The traffic and defenses will die down in 365 days").

This fixes invasions not being a hassle at all, and makes spending money on a invasion fleet or invading the port of origin of the invasion fleet yourself a more preferable option than to just let your colony get taken over, since you will lose 12 months worth of income from it (and if it gives you 200k or more a month, thats a lot of income lost).

Pokpaul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: September 25, 2019, 11:33:02 AM »

I was thinking that rep loss impact should depend on if you are attacker or attacked, specifically you should lose more rep when you are attacking then when defending.

I have gone to pains to make the pirates like me so that I can explore without my colonies being disturbed, and the fact that they still occasionally attack me is just pirates being pirates. I don't think that my relationship should go in the toilet just because some pirate idiot decided to attack me with my transponder on, and pirates being pirates I can't see them caring that much about that idiot either.

Now, if I went on a pirate hunting expedition I can see that *** them off right quick.

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: September 26, 2019, 02:17:51 AM »

Speaking of that, another related issue is if a faction successfully invades and takes over one of your colonies, you can just go to that colony and re-invade, and you nulled the entire purpose of the enemy invasion.

The fix I propose, that isn't too intensive (like having defense fleets hover for a long time), is that the "invade" option in military options is faded out, and when you hover over it, it reads "it is impossible to raid this colony; the current leaders of the colony have heavily fortified it due to unrest in the local region, and local patrols are upgraded to deal with a possible retaliation by the original owners. The traffic and defenses will die down in 365 days").

I like the idea of somehow making re-invasions limited. Technically continued invasions and reinvasions are already bad for colonies because of stability but there are so many ways to fix instability it's not really an issue.

This fixes invasions not being a hassle at all, and makes spending money on a invasion fleet or invading the port of origin of the invasion fleet yourself a more preferable option than to just let your colony get taken over, since you will lose 12 months worth of income from it (and if it gives you 200k or more a month, thats a lot of income lost).

But isn't invading the port of origin of the invasion fleet already the most preferable option? It's way easier to just invade the invader's colony because their defense fleets are usually not even around anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 399