Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013181 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.2d "No Peace Beyond the Rim" (update 2019-07-16)
« Reply #2220 on: July 23, 2019, 05:47:31 AM »

Ah, yeah. That sounds like it shouldn't happen, although it's possible another constellation is "creeping" into the core area.

If you post the sector gen seed, I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: July 23, 2019, 08:36:38 AM »

Hmm, I seem to recall hearing of a rare bug with strike fleets not working, but never had the chance to track it down. If you could post the save and specify the immune base(s), it'd be much appreciated; I might be able to debug it then.

I'm pretty sure this is a different bug since none of them are outright immune and it happens to every base I've seen. One or two fleets will go into the system, but then the rest of the fleets go away. Commission a few 1500 strength base strikes on one target and then hang out near the targeted system in hyperspace and watch what happens when the attack approaches.

_Dividebyzero_

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: July 23, 2019, 08:05:39 PM »

How open are you to custom scenario suggestions? Or rather (since I am interested) is there a straightforward way to go about adding one's own scenarios?

I generated a Derelict Empire sector with mostly stations (and fewer planets) and I noticed that fuel was in shortage on every major spaceport and one had to go into the black market to actually find fuel. I actually loved this--it gave good reasons to want to be a pirate (plundering is fun!) and fuel efficiency becomes more important and forces you to play a little differently. Until one finds a synchrotron core that is. I was thinking about a custom scenario that's sort of like Mad Max--independents everywhere, and initial colonies are scattered around the sector instead of being clustered together. Between them is a huge wasteland of stars and one often turns to violence in order to make ends meet.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:08:32 PM by _Dividebyzero_ »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2223 on: July 24, 2019, 04:52:34 AM »

Hmm, I seem to recall hearing of a rare bug with strike fleets not working, but never had the chance to track it down. If you could post the save and specify the immune base(s), it'd be much appreciated; I might be able to debug it then.

I'm pretty sure this is a different bug since none of them are outright immune and it happens to every base I've seen. One or two fleets will go into the system, but then the rest of the fleets go away. Commission a few 1500 strength base strikes on one target and then hang out near the targeted system in hyperspace and watch what happens when the attack approaches.
Okay, I've managed to reproduce the issue, and an apparently related one where the strikes fail to assemble if the player is present in the spawning system.
What seems to be happening (at least in the latter case) is that the route manager code thinks all the fleets are "stragglers" and thus thinks too few ships failed to reach their destination, so it considers the mission to be failed.

I'm investigating further for a possible fix in Nex and/or vanilla code. For now, try spawning just one mission at a time; it should be more than adequate to deal with any base.

EDIT #2: Okay, no, that's not the problem. The problem seems to be that the calculation for "how many ships made it" is screwed up: it assumes the fleets are using the source market's fleet size mult when determining the number of ships that should be present, when Nexerelin does not use it.

You might be able to work around it by reducing the fleet size mult (take alpha cores off military bases, for instance) for the source market, or launching the expeditions from a source with a smaller fleet mult (this won't affect the strike mission). Or just stay away from both origin and destination till the strike force has completed its mission.

How open are you to custom scenario suggestions? Or rather (since I am interested) is there a straightforward way to go about adding one's own scenarios?
Well, to add scenarios you need to have your own Starsector mod and some modding knowledge. Not much, in itself (the Derelict Empire "core script" is pretty short), but I expect someone trying their own scenario would very quickly run into issues requiring me to change stuff in Nexerelin (Derelicts had to be coded not to do a bunch of different things, for instance).

Best I can say right now is: if some modder tries to add a scenario and has problems, I can change Nex to allow it :)
I don't have any plans to add new scenarios of my own right now though.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 05:27:06 AM by Histidine »

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: July 27, 2019, 10:56:09 AM »

Silly question for this thread, but how do i change the generated planets and systems names?
Before 0.8 i can change the names by changing the sector generation xmls on the Nexerelin mod.
Now sector generation has changed, and i don't know what file to modify.
Any help would be appreciated

KailaRaZhu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: July 27, 2019, 01:49:04 PM »

Silly question for this thread, but how do i change the generated planets and systems names?
Before 0.8 i can change the names by changing the sector generation xmls on the Nexerelin mod.
Now sector generation has changed, and i don't know what file to modify.
Any help would be appreciated

Totally untested but it's probably..
..\Nexerelin\data\campaign\procgen\name_gen_data.csv

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2226 on: July 27, 2019, 05:35:15 PM »

Vanilla also has its own name gen data, so you might want to (back up and) modify that as well.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: July 30, 2019, 11:15:45 AM »

Any way to get SRA planets/stations to build their high capacitance storage industry?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2228 on: July 31, 2019, 04:05:35 AM »

Any way to get SRA planets/stations to build their high capacitance storage industry?
You can open SRA's faction config (in Shadowyards/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig) and add an ms_supersolar entry in the industrySeeds table to ensure that they spawn at least one solar collector. (I recommend replacing the orbital works in that table)

EDIT: You also need to edit Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/industryClassDefs.csv and change "ms_superSolar" to "ms_supersolar"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 04:19:19 AM by Histidine »

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: July 31, 2019, 09:49:53 AM »

Thank you, this fixed it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.3 (update 2019-08-01)
« Reply #2230 on: August 01, 2019, 05:18:07 AM »

Another release where I only have done half the features I was planning on, because I needed to get a bugfix out. *sigh*

Nexerelin v0.9.3
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.3
* Add "brawl mode" toggle to settings.json (default off)
    * Creates extra-large invasions (2-4 times normal size); defenders will spawn defense fleets to match the increase
    * Invasion and defense fleets have a 60% chance to use gear of any live faction in the Sector
* Mining nerf:
    * Asteroid volatiles mult 0.05 -> 0.01
    * XP per mining strength 50 -> 20
* Derelict Empire improvements
    * Will no longer generate procurement missions
    * Relationship with all factions capped at -60
    * Will deploy all ships in battle
* Conquest mission generator creates fewer irrelevant missions
* Factions don't claim systems as their territory if player is dominant faction there
* Industry refund mult on shutdown 0.75 -> 0.5
* NPC agent actions don't target hidden markets
* Add two more levels of admin cap bonuses (at 200 and 300 total size)
* Tweak alliance intel display
* Bugfixes
    * Fix duplicated free port condition (again)
    * Fix AI core admin being removed when player conquers a market or revokes autonomy
    * Fix NPC colonies sometimes not building patrol HQ
    * Fix invasion/raid/base strike missions failing at start if source market's fleet mult is too large and player is nearby
    * Fix raids not using faction fleet size doctrine
    * Fix random sector generator handling of Shadowyards solar collector
    * Fix Follow Me command
* Modding
    * Add an API for custom victory event
    * Factions can be marked as disabled-by-default for random sector
    * Externalize some officer death parameters to settings.json
[close]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 05:20:50 AM by Histidine »

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: August 01, 2019, 06:52:29 AM »

Thanks for your hard work Histidine, may I ask if this update requires a new game?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2232 on: August 01, 2019, 07:08:05 AM »

Thanks for your hard work Histidine, may I ask if this update requires a new game?
Shouldn't need a new game (including for new features).

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: August 01, 2019, 07:40:50 AM »

Shouldn't need a new game (including for new features).

Great, thanks!

mxyzptlk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: August 01, 2019, 09:09:07 AM »

What's the best way to make some money? I mean, yeah, theres alot. Bounty, Exploring, Trading, but i didnt find the most profitable than Industry (that i would need alot of money to do so).
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 396