Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013424 times)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Nexerelin v0.3.5 (polish+compatibility update 2015-04-04)
« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2015, 11:25:40 AM »

Sorry if it has been answered, how do I name my faction?
mods/Exerelin/data/world/factions/player_npc.faction
(you can also set flag, ship name prefix, NPC portraits and fleet composition here)

To change the dialogue lines, go to mods/Exerelin/data/campaign/rules.csv and look for the section "# Player fleet greeting lines" (hmm I just noticed a bug here, I better fix it sometime soon)

Note: this will apply to existing saves.
Is it possible to add ships from mods to the fleet composition?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2015, 11:53:13 AM »

Nexerelin uses the same system fleet spawner as Vanilla, witch pick ships from the mods .faction files. If you want to add a ship, say the Unsung (I bet it's the one you want...) you have to add it to neutrino.faction in the Neutrino mod. Nexerelin itself don't change anything on that.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2015, 12:52:20 PM »

Nexerelin uses the same system fleet spawner as Vanilla, witch pick ships from the mods .faction files. If you want to add a ship, say the Unsung (I bet it's the one you want...) you have to add it to neutrino.faction in the Neutrino mod. Nexerelin itself don't change anything on that.
So if I want my Player faction to use the Xanthus as it's main superfreighter, I can simply add it to the player_npc.faction files in Nexerelin to have it spawn for my faction? (I was thinking of the Xanthus actually, since it won't slow my trade fleets down as much compared to an Atlas :P)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2015, 02:18:50 PM »

Yes that's it, though be warned: you will never be able to run Nexerelin without Scy then.

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2015, 02:23:38 PM »

Thank you histidine, thats pretty cool that we can customize it like that.

In my most recent start the mayorate got wiped out by the AI factions right off the bat, and by the time I was level 16 almost all the factions had become peaceful to one another with the exception of the pirates and junk pirates, which I thought was pretty funny.

SometimesMaybe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »

Damn, was loving my first Nexerelin campaign so much but as soon as I got myself situated and prepared to go claim my faction's first planet, I realized both the Templar and Mayo-people had gone extinct.  :(  What's the fun when the big bad bosses are already dead and there's no Mayo-people to make fun of for having such a silly name?

I really like the 'capital' idea from a couple of pages back, every faction having at least one big market with huge defense bonuses would really help.  I mention market size because currently my Diable faction has just two tiny markets that don't even have military sales sections.

Has anyone taken a stab at save file editing to revive their templars?  I just poked around at it and it seemed to be quite difficult.  I found that a planet or station's "<owner ref="26406"></owner>" bit seemed to relate to which faction it belonged to (duh), but there were no templar planets or stations left to get an ID from.  So I started up a new campaign so that I could find some templars and get their ref number from their planet... but that was when I found out that that ref number isn't consistent across campaigns, it appears to be randomly generated for each faction at world gen.  Welp.  :'(
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:15:43 PM by SometimesMaybe »

Tonny

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2015, 09:47:00 AM »

Damn, was loving my first Nexerelin campaign so much but as soon as I got myself situated and prepared to go claim my faction's first planet, I realized both the Templar and Mayo-people had gone extinct.  :(  What's the fun when the big bad bosses are already dead and there's no Mayo-people to make fun of for having such a silly name?

I really like the 'capital' idea from a couple of pages back, every faction having at least one big market with huge defense bonuses would really help.  I mention market size because currently my Diable faction has just two tiny markets that don't even have military sales sections.

Has anyone taken a stab at save file editing to revive their templars?  I just poked around at it and it seemed to be quite difficult.  I found that a planet or station's "<owner ref="26406"></owner>" bit seemed to relate to which faction it belonged to (duh), but there were no templar planets or stations left to get an ID from.  So I started up a new campaign so that I could find some templars and get their ref number from their planet... but that was when I found out that that ref number isn't consistent across campaigns, it appears to be randomly generated for each faction at world gen.  Welp.  :'(

if i recall right from memory, the previous mod Exerelin allowed that driven out factions could enter again after time with a huge invasion fleet, to conquer atleast something.

'capital' idea +1

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2015, 12:09:15 PM »

if i recall right from memory, the previous mod Exerelin allowed that driven out factions could enter again after time with a huge invasion fleet, to conquer atleast something.

I can't remember exactly either, but indifferent to this, awesome idea. +5 (because +1 is so 1994)

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2015, 09:29:47 PM »

So what are the chances of being able to make the Sector even bigger in the future?  10 systems is plenty for the base factions, but when you have 10 faction mods on top of it it actually feels a bit small.  Of course, something would need to be done about the intel screen map which is neither movable nor zoomable and leaves entire systems off the edges in larger games.

Tonny

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2015, 02:53:46 AM »

So what are the chances of being able to make the Sector even bigger in the future?  10 systems is plenty for the base factions, but when you have 10 faction mods on top of it it actually feels a bit small.  Of course, something would need to be done about the intel screen map which is neither movable nor zoomable and leaves entire systems off the edges in larger games.

about becoming bigger read http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9278.0

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2015, 03:09:30 AM »

I can't remember exactly either, but indifferent to this, awesome idea. +5 (because +1 is so 1994)

+6 then i guess? Massive invasion fleets scourging the sector would add some spice when one faction pretty much conquered everything. It's also a good excuse to see things like the Valkyrian royal armada or the Cathedral fleet with their giant bosses ships.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2015, 05:10:00 AM »

I for one never liked faction re-spawning, kinda defeat the purpose of having an actual end-game. As long as it is optional I have nothing against though.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2015, 10:03:18 AM »

Faction respawning in Exerelin was cute but mostly useless if you owned much.  What happened was one faction respawned, took over one of my stations, and the other three bases I owned in the system utterly crushed the respawned faction and reclaimed the base without any help from me.

What would be nice is after you win the game, you can push a button to respawn multiple enemy factions so you have something to fight with all of your amassed power.  In other words, manual faction respawn.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Nexerelin v0.3.6 (update 2015-04-12)
« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2015, 01:23:46 AM »

Nexerelin v0.3.6
New features include the return of faction respawns, the Prism Freeport (as seen in SCY), and dedicated headquarters planets for each faction. Also the Templars should (hopefully) finally stop getting their posteriors kicked in the early game; if not, I'll have to resort to even harsher measures.

As always, please report bugs!

Download (full version)
Patch (0.3.5 -> 0.3.6)

Changelog
Code
v0.3.6
* Add faction respawning (toggle in starting options)
* Add Prism Freeport (sells high-end ships and weapons from all factions at a steep price)
* Pirate factions can be set to not count towards victory (in config file)
* All factions get a size 6 HQ planet at start (if one is available)
* HQ market condition gives 20% size bonus to reserve fleet size (previously 10%); increases reserve build speed by 25%
* Normal planets now in size range 4-5 (previously 4-6)
* Add 12 and 16 star starts
* Stars are further apart if there are fewer of them, and closer if there are more
* Fix stars being all the same size
* Some factions have custom invasion and/or response fleets in SS+ (this means the Cathedral can appear, among other things)
* Templars get 25% bigger invasion and response fleets
* Don't spawn response fleet if it won't be at least half the size of the triggering invasion fleet
* Invasion fleets attract nearby hostile combat fleets to them (probably)
* No invasion fleets for first 30 days of game (can be changed in config file)
* Markets get a higher "security alert" level as more destabilization/sabotage attempts are made, successful or otherwise; this reduces the chance of further such actions in the short term
** Reduces the effectiveness of agent bombing
** Set the relevant values in data/config/agentConfig.json to 0 to disable this
* Agents can gather intel on markets (stability, alert level, reserve size)
* Add console command SyncFactionRelationships.java
* Change console command FlipClosestMarket to SetClosestMarketOwner (accepts faction arg)
* Fix Hegemony interaction dialog
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:04:51 AM by Histidine »

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Nexerelin v0.3.6 (update 2015-04-12)
« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2015, 01:31:35 AM »

Thank you, I've been waiting for faction respawn for a while :)

(Also you can update the feature list in OP now)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:33:48 AM by JohnDoe »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 396