Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3055581 times)

Stalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.3i "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-12-17)
« Reply #4335 on: December 30, 2021, 07:01:28 AM »

Is there an exact doc of sorts on how player faction works?apart from this
Spoiler
Quick help
Alliances link
Mining link
Faction config files link
[close]
i wanned to get a bit deeper in diplomacy and colonies rather then go the usuall "shoot everything for the sake of it" kind of play
Mainly i look at things like "how admin cap scales" and "what is the soft cap" (aka player not being able to reach next "milestone" on unlocking next admin due to basic colony size limitation not allowing to grow to make that value) "how to do X with your own faction and what are the limits" and so on
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 09:49:09 AM by ShadowStalkar »

Octodaddy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: December 30, 2021, 09:04:51 AM »

Hello,

Just downloaded this mod and my game crashed at the loading screen. Any fixes?

Code
11804 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CustomVisualDialogDelegate
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CustomVisualDialogDelegate
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.getCommandClass(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Rules.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.CustomVisualDialogDelegate
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 14 more

itchylol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: December 30, 2021, 11:01:21 AM »

When I tactical bombard an enemy colony that is about to send vengeance fleets after me, it doesn't stop the vengeance fleet from spawning. Is this intentional?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4338 on: December 30, 2021, 04:32:26 PM »

Spoiler
Quick help
Alliances link
Mining link
[close]
i wanned to get a bit deeper in diplomacy and colonies rather then go the usuall "shoot everything for the sake of it" kind of play
Mainly i look at things like "how admin cap scales" and "what is the soft cap" (aka player not being able to reach next "milestone" on unlocking next admin due to basic colony size limitation not allowing to grow to make that value) "how to do X with your own faction and what are the limits" and so on
Sadly, there isn't a general manual for most things :(
(I'd like the game to have a customizable codex eventually, but at some point I ought to write an FAQ online at least)

At least I can tell you that the admin cap bonuses are +1 at each of the following total market sizes (e.g. two size 5 colonies count as 10):
10, 25, 50, 80, 120, 200, 300 (can be modified in settings.json)
Autonomous colonies, and commissioning faction colonies governed by the player, also count towards the amount.

Hello,

Code
11804 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CustomVisualDialogDelegate
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CustomVisualDialogDelegate
Make sure you're not using Nexerelin v0.10.3i (or any other mods made for Starsector 0.95.1a) with Starsector version 0.95a.
(Last version of Nex for 0.95 is v0.10.3g, available earlier in this thread or on the GitHub releases page)

When I tactical bombard an enemy colony that is about to send vengeance fleets after me, it doesn't stop the vengeance fleet from spawning. Is this intentional?
Most Nex-spawned fleets require disrupting both the spaceport and (if any) military base to prevent spawning.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 05:13:03 AM by Histidine »

Stalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: December 31, 2021, 02:44:56 AM »

Spoiler
Spoiler
Quick help
Alliances link
Mining link
[close]
[close]
(I'd like the game to have a customizable codex eventually, but at some point I ought to write an FAQ online at least)

At least I can tell you that the admin cap bonuses are +1 at each of the following total market sizes (e.g. two size 5 colonies count as 10):
Autonomous colonies, and commissioning faction colonies governed by the player, also count towards the amount.
I assume its intended to give them autonomy OR play it with mods(like maxsize 8?past that i dont think its reasonable) or use ai cores but aint a fan of that
i am pretty sure that about [50] is the soft cap then if you have vanilla max cap of 6 and [80] with a cap of 8
will probably have get to know what that autonomy gonna do or mess around and change it in config,the idea is something like
Spoiler
floor((personal cap+admin cap-x)*max colony size*0.9),making it so you should get +x free admins as long as majority of your colonies stay near-maxed and x+1 if all of them are maxed(ES2-inspired mechanic,in there you could add +1 admin cap as a lategame structure on colony as long as it was level 4(max) allowing you to scale as long as you develop what you have)
not sure if that sounds broken or even doable to change in settings and if its out of scope to suggest for you as a author,but that is something i will do for myself probably
[close]
and another little question,raid as a another mission type for fleet request?or scrapped idea
Thanks for the info anyways
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 05:51:26 AM by ShadowStalkar »

JustThatGoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: December 31, 2021, 07:44:35 AM »

Would it be possible to require active player agency/effort to defeat factions? As in adding an optional setting requiring player aggressive activity in the faction's homeworld system before it can be taken over, maybe a timer or destroyed fleet number as the final required step. Loved the mod for years but sometimes I just miss whole factions before they're conquered and certain campaigns I just want at least some fight with most of them. The main character in a book feeling

LordKiwi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: December 31, 2021, 08:17:47 AM »

Hello I have an issue with my game, it's not really related to Nexerelin, but I don't know where to ask... Sorry (if you can tell me where to ask that, for the next time, it would be nice)
My game is crashing due to an administrator I've leave at the academy and apparently he can but shoudn't get a 3rd level because the game can't find " JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] ", so I would like to know how to put in a salary value so I can get my administrator out of there, or if I could just delete him of my save in-game or throught the codes.

Please help

There is the starsector.log:
Spoiler
211310 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.null(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getInt(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getAdminSalary(Misc.java:4025)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_Academy.calculateSalaryStor ageCost(IndEvo_Academy.java:205)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_Academy.reportEconomyTick(IndEvo_Academy.java:124)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportEconomyTick(ListenerUtil.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getDouble(JSONObject.java:445)
   ... 17 more
[close]

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: December 31, 2021, 02:41:44 PM »

Hello I have an issue with my game, it's not really related to Nexerelin, but I don't know where to ask... Sorry (if you can tell me where to ask that, for the next time, it would be nice)
My game is crashing due to an administrator I've leave at the academy and apparently he can but shoudn't get a 3rd level because the game can't find " JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] ", so I would like to know how to put in a salary value so I can get my administrator out of there, or if I could just delete him of my save in-game or throught the codes.

Please help

There is the starsector.log:
Spoiler
211310 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.null(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getInt(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getAdminSalary(Misc.java:4025)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_Academy.calculateSalaryStor ageCost(IndEvo_Academy.java:205)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_Academy.reportEconomyTick(IndEvo_Academy.java:124)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportEconomyTick(ListenerUtil.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getDouble(JSONObject.java:445)
   ... 17 more
[close]

This is a problem related to Industrial Evolution (hence the IndEvo in your error log).

Perhaps this post could help address your error.

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: January 01, 2022, 03:39:38 AM »

Spoiler
Quick help
Alliances link
Mining link
[close]

Hello,

Code
Make sure you're not using Nexerelin v0.10.3i (or any other mods made for Starsector 0.95.1a) with Starsector version 0.95a.
(Last version of Nex for 0.95 is v0.10.3g, available earlier in this thread or on the GitHub releases page)

Most Nex-spawned fleets require disrupting both the spaceport and (if any) military base to prevent spawning.

First of all, happy new year Histidine!

Second, I think the bonus admin system could use some slight buffs. When it was introduced the player could have 2 more colonies (iirc) in vanilla and the size limit was 10. Now in vanilla, we can only govern 5 colonies, with a maximum size of 6, each. That translates to 7 (each being size 6) colonies without stability penalty, or 11 (because (5+3)*6+(3*6)=66<80) with 3 stability penalty, for personally managed colonies.
Compare that to the previous state, where the 7 vanilla colonies resulted in a theoretical limit of 70 total market size, plus the bonus admins gave another 5 worlds for an additional 50 market size (unlocking the 10,25,50,80,120 bonus admins).
Additionally, the old skill system buffed stability with ground operations, so going over soft cap wasn't that big of an issue.

Moreover, the new system could seriously hinder our perception, that the player faction is an equal one. With the new skill system, you can't control a state as big as the Hegemony or in fact, you can't take over the Hegemony (total market size with size 6 planets, plus the two outliers (7,8) is 75 (6*10+7+8), but with only 5+3 (bonus) admins, you have to suffer a stability penalty of 4). This breaks Nex's 4X immersion because by definition, managing the Hegemony should be possible, building an empire with this size should be OK, if we suppose the player is an equal actor.

My suggestion to remedy the situation is to alter the bonus admin system, so it could support a faction with the size of the Hegemony without autonomous colonies, penalties, or AIs. Basically what I'm saying is that the player should be able to become the Hegemony using the same policies as the Hegemony, if we respect the in-universe rules.

One concrete example for an altered bonus admin system:
*The Hegemony at the start has a 65 total market value, with 12 worlds.
*Playe could govern 5 colonies without admins.
*The theoretical maximum size of these worlds using starting Hegemony population sizes is: 8+7+6+6+5 (Chicomoztoc, Eventide, Jangala, Yama, pick one size 5) = 32.
*It should be possible to govern the other 7 colonies with bonus admins, without penalties.
*It is possible to go over the cap to unlock one additional bonus admin.
*That means 65-(smallest market size for the Hegemony) should unlock 6 admins. That's 61 (Tigra City or Citadel Arcadia is size 4).
*Similarly 57/5 bonus, 52/4 bonus, 47/3 bonus, 42/2 bonus, 37/1 bonus as a minimum, if we suppose, that the Hegemony is a math problem that is a stable polity at every possible step during expansion ( :P ), expanding first to larger worlds. Of course, no one stated this, but it would make the player's life easier. :P
*The only hard criteria is to unlock the 7th bonus admin at size 65.
*From the above calculations, if I didn't mess up, we could derive numerous [size/bonus admin unlock] series.
*For eg.: 5/1, 10/2, 25/4, 50/7 ...
*Another one 1/1, 2/2, 4/3, 8/4, 16/5, 32/6, 64/7... using the powers of 2
*Basically every combination works if it results in a stable expansion at least up until the size of the Hegemony.

I know that this is a pretty radical proposal, significantly altering the status quo. However, the base game changed significantly when it comes to colonies, so I think we must adapt to meet the new environment.

I hope what I laid down, makes sense and even if you won't adopt it you find my thoughts helpful/interesting. I know we can alter the numbers ourselves, but I think changing the default makes this already wonderful mod even more realistic, without a lot of hard work on your part.

So I'm hoping you found this useful and didn't mind reading through this long post.

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: January 01, 2022, 03:50:41 AM »

Just one quick note:
 5/1, 10/2, 25/4, 50/7 wors for the League, too.
However the League is a lot less centralized polity in the lore, so it doesn't have to check the "no autonomous colony" criteria.
It has a market size of 51 at the start, but still with 12 worlds, so it's a bit harder to find good series for it...

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: January 01, 2022, 11:16:45 AM »

I keep getting this error with version "0.10.3g" (i am still on version 0.95a)
Code
242480 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.submarkets.PrismMarket  - HVB not completed for Xhan_vukan_bounty
242480 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.submarkets.PrismMarket  - Trying boss ship XHAN_Goggergeck
242480 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.submarkets.PrismMarket  - IBB/HVB ships available: 18, 3
242481 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [Stellar_Rust.ogg]
242482 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [Stellar_Rust.ogg]
242780 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData$1.compare(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Arrays.legacyMergeSort(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.sort(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.sort(Unknown Source)
at exerelin.campaign.submarkets.PrismMarket.updateCargoPrePlayerInteraction(PrismMarket.java:151)
at stelnet.board.query.provider.MarketProvider.updateMarket(MarketProvider.java:55)
at stelnet.board.query.MarketUpdater.advance(MarketUpdater.java:23)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
^^

some guy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: January 01, 2022, 05:05:27 PM »

sorry about the late reply i fixed my issue by deleting nex and reinstaling guess something went wrong on umpack

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4347 on: January 01, 2022, 05:20:09 PM »

Hmm, I don't think there ought to be an assumption that the player can replicate what the Hegemony (formed from a pre-organized military unit, with an established bureaucracy/chain of command/all that jazz) does, in contrast to being on the level of one of the smaller powers like Tri-Tachyon or Luddic Church.

But I may increase the supply of bonus admins all the same.

I keep getting this error with version "0.10.3g" (i am still on version 0.95a)
Open SWP's data/config/prism/prism_boss_ships.csv, and change the line with "swp_boss_wasp_wing" to "uw_boss_wasp_wing".

MapleDaddy__ TTV

• Ensign
  • Twitch.tv/MapleDaddy__ I stream often
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: January 02, 2022, 01:46:57 PM »

Is there any way to solve Legio's war weariness issues? they accrue so much and never declare war or want to go to war, I like allying with them for my playthroughs, but when they vote no on literally every war declaration because they have almost 200k war weariness, it make things hard to enjoy being in an alliance with them. https://i.imgur.com/SSr2xtg.png

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: January 03, 2022, 04:09:47 AM »

Open SWP's data/config/prism/prism_boss_ships.csv, and change the line with "swp_boss_wasp_wing" to "uw_boss_wasp_wing".
Thank you!
^^
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 399