Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3015132 times)

chickenman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.4b "War and Peace" (update 2018-09-30)
« Reply #1785 on: November 20, 2018, 05:11:48 PM »

lol, someone REALLY doesn't read xD

doh! sorry, totally misread the dates and the post. my bad. op deleted.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1786 on: November 20, 2018, 05:20:52 PM »

The mod hasn't been updated for Starsector 0.9a yet
BTW should we expect 0.9a version anytime soon?
Not for a few weeks. Possibly months.

Nex is a pretty event-heavy mod and the underlying code needs a complete overhaul, so I'll need to find several blocks of time to sit down and work on it. There's also some stuff I just plain haven't worked out yet, like how to manage colony accumulation when the player captures new planets for themselves.

Seth

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: November 21, 2018, 12:46:28 AM »

@Histidine
Hey, is it safe to use your Stellar Industrialist v0.1 in SS 0.8.1a?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 21, 2018, 01:07:00 AM »

@Histidine
Hey, is it safe to use your Stellar Industrialist v0.1 in SS 0.8.1a?
Yeah, go ahead. (It's not currently a supported product however)

Inacio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 22, 2018, 02:57:12 AM »

Nex is a pretty event-heavy mod and the underlying code needs a complete overhaul, so I'll need to find several blocks of time to sit down and work on it. There's also some stuff I just plain haven't worked out yet, like how to manage colony accumulation when the player captures new planets for themselves.

Godspeed to you. This is by far my favourite mod and possibly the biggest mod objectively. I can wait for a while as you update it. Thanks for working on it.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 22, 2018, 07:51:38 AM »

The mod hasn't been updated for Starsector 0.9a yet
BTW should we expect 0.9a version anytime soon?

Sound like lots of work:))  I do thank you for your efforts though! Its quite a change to play without Nex lol...

Hmm...thoughts on as far as colony accumulation goes: the only way to win Nex is to have far more colonies then the base game intends. My inclination is to do away with the maximum amount of controlled colonies, as you pretty much need  to control every market to force all the factions from the sector. Base max outposts should be set to a higher number. Hireable administrators would also need to be increased. A single admin may need to control all same faction markets within a single system.   

Some requests to consider:

The abilities to send "punitive expeditions" yourself when you want to keep hostilities below full War mode.  Basically give access to the player to what the AI has.

Income and expenses from friendly faction asteroid or planetary mining so you can set up "mining systems" outside of the regular import/export.(to support "mining" based factions)

Income and expenses from friendly faction salvagers.(to support "salvage" style factions like the Scavengers). Possibly some random tech unlocks and equipment here like Tech Mining only with less chance of blueprints and no decay.

Mining Outpost and Salvage Yard orbitals that can be built without making a full on colony in a system...or maybe make these new planetary buildings to support the above tactic.  These would be smaller installations then the Star Fortress line of orbitals.

Black Markets in friendly systems which may give you better access to tech outside your faction outside of the Blueprint system.

Nix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 22, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »

Thank you Histidine!  :D

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 24, 2018, 10:49:58 AM »

my thoughts on how capturing enemy markets could work with the new colony gameplay:

i'd say captured markets should simply be different from your own colonies, by default. they'd be part of your faction, but not under your direct leadership or control. sort of like a vassal that provides you with a share of its income, and will follow your lead in important military matters, but is otherwise allowed and expected to govern itself. so in gameplay terms, they could stay very close to what they were in 0.8.1.

many players will still want to be able to take over big markets, like Sindria, and make them theirs properly. so that should be possible, but for a significant cost. probably just credits, but could also include additional resources. the more valuable the market (size, built industries, planet conditions, accessibility rating, etc), the higher the cost to take full control of it.

if the total number of colonies under direct player control stays the same as in vanilla (meaning penalties for going over the max), and taking over other factions' markets entirely is costly, i think it should work out alright for balance, and allow Nex functionality without completely devaluing the process of building up your own colonies from scratch.

the cost for integrating a captured market fully into your own faction could be explained conceptually as being required for a smooth transfer in leadership, with many branches of local government requiring significant bureaucratic effort to ensure everything will still work without major issues under the new authority. local military and/or commercial structures might also need to be restructured. and last but not least, the population at large would generally probably not be too happy about the massive changes that end, in effect, end with being ruled by a new dictatorship (even if many of the current governments aren't exactly nice, at least they are a familiar kind of bad ^^)... which might be solved either with bribes for influential persons of interest (law enforcement officials, Luddite clerics, TT share holders, Hegemony war heroes, etc), or with investment into various infrastructure projects that could raise the quality of life of the general population.

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: November 24, 2018, 02:34:46 PM »

If there is randomly-generated core sector, I hope you can set how far apart the colonies are.

OneOutOfMany

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 27, 2018, 03:11:24 PM »

Hey Histidine

Could you provide a list of all the libs nexerelin requires? I tried to get the project and build it locally but it turns out i am missing quite a few imports.
Here is what i got so far:
-LazyLib
-Lazy Wiz Console Commands
-DynaSector
-StarSector Api
-Templars

-Possibly some old Exigency Mod (I can't seem to find a download link for that one anymore)

Once i get this set up, i can help anyone else who is interested.

Thanks!

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: November 27, 2018, 08:54:33 PM »

Erm. Nexerelin only requires LazyLib - as it says in the main post. At least, it did in 0.8. ???

None of the other mods you listed there are library mods - the "Starsector API" isn't even a mod, that's almost certainly just a reference to Starsector's core files.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 28, 2018, 03:53:20 AM »

Hey Histidine

Could you provide a list of all the libs nexerelin requires? I tried to get the project and build it locally but it turns out i am missing quite a few imports.
My current library setup (didn't check if all of them are needed):
Spoiler
- starsector_api.jar
- json.jar
- lwjgl.jar
- lwjgl_util.jar
- log4j-1.2.9.jar
- xstream-1.4.10.jar

- starfarer_obf.jar
- fs.common_obf.jar
- fs.sound_obf.jar

These are all in the Starsector core folder.

- LazyLib
- Console Commands
- DynaSector
- SWP
- Templars
- Steiner Foundation

SWP can be downloaded here, and Steiner Foundation here.

- Exigency
Here's the .jar for the old mod version. Just, uh, don't go copying the code, it's only available for viewing and compiling.

- Stellar Industrialist
.jar here. Although you might be better off just commenting out all references to the mod in the Nex code.

- ApproLight
The one here might work, if not just comment out its stuff for now.
[close]

PS: If you're doing a homebrew update of Nex to 0.9, get the 0.9compat branch on the repo.
I've updated it to the point where it compiles if you have all the libraries, although a heap of features still need reimplementing.

OneOutOfMany

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 28, 2018, 06:52:42 AM »

Thanks Histidine!

Yup i am on the 0.9compat branch. 

Since i just got starsector after the 9.0 update, i have not played Nexerelin on the previous releases. Hence i am just browsing through the current source code to figure out the additional contents provided by this mod. Getting the build and debug up will help a ton in that regard.

I might be able to help you out in my free time after i get a better handle on how all of this works. I'll update the Readme once i get the build up.

CookieJarvisz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: November 29, 2018, 08:07:33 AM »

Waiting for the mod be like https://i.imgflip.com/ngmz0.jpg

JK

This is the best mod and I can't wait for it to be updated. It has so much stuff I miss that it makes me want to go back to 8.1, but I will miss so much stuff from 9.

OneOutOfMany

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 30, 2018, 11:51:53 AM »

Okay, here is a guide if anyone is interested in setting up the project for Nexerelin or any other starsector mods. I've also committed this to the readme.

Intellij and Eclipse forks are currently the most popular Java IDE out there.
The following contains instructions on how to set this project up on Intellij. (Eclipse should be similar but you will need to figure out where those dialogs and settings are on your own.)

First of all, Nexerelin also requires several other external libs for compiling. Check out the forum post for the list:
(http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9175.1800)
Download and unzip them somewhere on your computer, you can download them to the starsector mod folder but you don't have to load them in the launcher.
This is just so the jar files contained in those mods can be loaded by nexerelin java classes.

You will also need to use jdk1.7 to compile the jar; starsector is currently using jdk1.7.0.79 but anything newer than that would work as well. i.e. 1.7.0.80 and not java 8, 9, etc.
Since jdk 7 is end of life, oracle requires users to create an account before dling it.
There is a link to the bugmenot website in this reddit post if you are too lazy to create a new oracle account:
(https://www.reddit.com/r/java/comments/6ag6qk/oracle_not_allowing_jdk_downloads_without_an/)

Download Intellij community edition (which is free unless you somehow want to spend money on the pro edition), just google search it.
All the folder paths mentioned below should be full folder path.
Intellij has built-in git support so i would just clone Nexerelin via Intellij.
Spoiler
    After starting intellij, do File > New > Project from Version Control > Git
    Paste the url in the box, it should be similar to this but with your account id: https://[email protected]/Histidine/exerelin.git
    You can hit the test button to see if there is any connection issue.
    Change the directory to be the starsector/mod directory. Usually I recommend separating out source folder and deployment folder,
    but this will make you life easier without having to set up a configuration to copy files over to the starsector/mod to deploy the changes.
[close]

Source Control:
Spoiler
    VCS for intellij is on the botton right corner. Click on that git ... and select some (remote/local) branch to check it out.
    Repo is currently read-only, msg Histidine if you need write access.
[close]

Project Settings:
Spoiler
    First mark ExerelinCore folder as a Source folder on the project tab that is on the left.
    Basically in that folder structure navigate to Nexerlin > jars > sources > ExerelinCore ; right click on that folder > Mark Directory As > Sources Root (it should be colored blue now)
    All the java files that needed to be compiled are underneath that folder.
    Then select File > Project Structure dialog. Now we need to set up jdk.
    Click on the New... button, select JDK and navigate to your jdk installation folder. This should say 1.7 for jdk 1.7 after you select it.
    Change project language level to be 7 for java 1.7. (Basically this allows the IDE to complain if you are using other jdk version features that are not compatible with the current language)
    Compiler output folder should go to Starsector\mods\Nexerelin\jars\build (this folder should be under .gitignore so the build is not checked into source control)

Go to the either Global Libraries or Libraries on the dialog (Global lib is shared between all of your intellij proj, lib is only for your current project)
    Click on the green plus sign and select Java for a new java lib.
    Select the jar folder for those mods libraries we downloaded earlier. i.e. Starsector\mods\LazyLib\jars
    You will also need to select Starsector\starsector-core for the starsector api

Go to Artifacts on the dialog. This will set up the jar artifact to be created after building.
    Click the green plus and select JAR > From modules with dependencies
    Output directory is: Starsector\mods\Nexerelin\jars
    Check the include in project build
    Rename that jar to be ExerelinCore.jar, it is under the Output Layout tab. We want this jar to overwrite the current one in the folder so it needs the same name.
    Select everything under that ExerelinCore.jar and click on the red minus sign. We dont want it to contain the libs that we set up.
    Then click on the green plus and select Module Output.
    You can include a manifect file if you want, the main class should be: exerelin.utilities.versionchecker.VersionChecker.MainTask
[close]

Build Configurations + Debug:
Spoiler
    The green down arrow with binary 011001 will compile and build the project. Due to the previous setup, a new jar will replace that existing ExerelinCore.jar if you build the project.
    To run starsector while within the IDE you will need to get a batch plugin to kick off the starsector.bat file.
    Go to File > Settings > Plugins and search for Batch Scripts Support plugin then download it. (It should be in remote repo). Restart IDE if necessary after installation.
    Create a new configuration by selecting Edit Configurations.. on that dropdown box between the build icon and the run icon (Green triangle should be on top right for default toolbar)
    Click green plus arrow and select Batch
    Put the Starsector/starsector-core/starsector.bat path in there (Windows will use the .bat, Mac/Linux will use the .sh)
    Working directory is Starsector\starsector-core
    Under Before Launch, click green plus and select Build if it is not there already.

To Debug Starsector, create a new configuration and select Remote. Copy that -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005
    Edit the starsector.bat and paste that line in there. I just pasted mine before the -Xms ... jvm memory settings.
    While you are there, you might as well edit those memory settings if you have a good computer. Just google search java xms xmx etc.

Now when you run the batch it should build your project and start starsector. The starsector log should also show up in Intellij.
    To hook the debugger onto startsector, select the debug configuration we set up and click on the Debug 'Run' icon, it is green circle thing next to the green triangle.
    To set up a debug point, go to some line in java code and just left click between the line number and the edge of the text. It should place a red circle which is the debug point.
    You can right click on it if you want to set up some conditions on when it should suspend.
[close]

That should be everything that is needed to set up this project. Post a message on the forums if I've missed out anything or if I should upload pictures.
You can use this similar setup for other starsector mods as well.
Kazi also has a nice post on intellij setup as well (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10057.0)

Let me know if I should include any Intellij tips as well.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 396