Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forum "Code"  (Read 1253 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Forum "Code"
« on: February 17, 2015, 07:00:48 PM »

I really have no idea where to post this, so I suppose Bugs & Support will have to do.  If a mod comes by, feel free to move this to a more proper forum section.

So, back to the topic at hand.  Whenever someone uses the {code} (with brackets, otherwise the forum does it's thing) inside of a spoiler, I get somethings that shows up like this:

Spoiler
[close]
(no harm meant by the plug, Tartflette;)

And by the way, this only happens in Google Chrome.  I vaguely remember this being brought up a while back, but I can't find the thread and I don't know what came of it.  I suppose it's something that Alex can't fix (a browser-based problem, maybe?), since it works perfectly fine on Firefox and IE, but maybe something can be done?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 07:02:26 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Forum "Code"
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 08:08:53 PM »

This is probably a bug in whatever SMF (or plugin) code that handles the code tag, and probably not something I can fix directly, but the good news is there's a workaround:

{code=java} for java code.
{code=XML} would probably work well for plain text.

Spoiler
Code: XML
Testing
Testing
Testing
Testing
Testing
Testing
Testing
Testing
Testing
Testing