Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sunless Sea  (Read 2887 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Sunless Sea
« on: February 05, 2015, 02:39:07 AM »

Just watched TB play a little of this on his twitch stream; looks very interesting. The world oozes character.
Definitely the direction I'd like to see starsector's campaign go in.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304650/

TB also played darkest dungeon; another gloriously atmospheric game with amazing aesthetic.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262060/

They're both worth a look to anyone who enjoys a challenging rogue-like-like experience

Scuttlebutt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Sunless Sea
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 02:03:50 AM »

I'm playing Sunless Sea right now. It's pretty awesome but I don't know how repetitive the game will be once you die over and over again. It would need more stories and more variety especially in the beginning.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 03:31:31 PM »

I've not actually played the game, but from what I've heard the stories can actually take different paths each time you do them.

Scuttlebutt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 11:11:44 AM »

That's good to hear. I try not to read up on it further, in case of spoilers. Playing it blind is so exciting! I wish the officers would interact with each other though, kinda like in Expeditions: Conquistador or Mount & Blade. All they do for now is boost stats and have extra missions of their own.

Oh, and I love my little starter boat. Wish I could keep her forever by simply upgrading it instead of trading it for something better as she seriously lacks the extra equipment slots. Not that I have the funds to do so, mind you. I've only explored 30% of the whole map and I've noticed that "port reports" don't really rake in a lot of money.

The random events while out in the sea helps to keep the monotony down too.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 04:11:35 PM »

Yeah... I'm just starting out and having trouble just remaining solvent; it's not easy to make more money than you have to spend on fuel and supplies.  Lost my first captain just to economics... >.<
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.