Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need a map of where certain ships are being sold at certain systems!  (Read 3184 times)

Kaioh

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just as the topic says, for some reason I keep seeing the exact same ships being sold even at completely different systems. I've seen gameplay from about a month ago and it seems as though all of the expensive ships have been removed. Is there a way for the stations to sell higher caliber ships?

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Need a map of where certain ships are being sold at certain systems!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 02:41:02 AM »

I believe you now need to have a certain faction relation to be able to buy higher end ships. If you're too low you can't access the millitary tab in the buy ships tab were the better ships are

Kaioh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 03:18:04 AM »

I have had good connections and was able to buy things from the military tab. Still no good ships sells AT ALL.

Kaioh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 03:20:37 AM »

OOOOOH I'm stupid =_= I never knew that there was a military tab for ships.....WELP thanks for the help anyways!

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 04:18:20 AM »

OOOOOH I'm stupid =_= I never knew that there was a military tab for ships.....WELP thanks for the help anyways!

No problem :D

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 05:47:14 AM »

For the rarer ships...

Heron is found only at Sindria or Volturn in Askonia.

Atlas and Prometheus is usually found in Askonia, but may rarely appear in Ludii stations in Eos.

Venture is most likely found at Askonia or Eos.

Monitor is rare.  The few I found were at Eos.

High-tech ships other than the Wolf are usually found at Tibicena only.  Even then, some like Hyperion or Omen are rare enough that they may not appear.  Rarely, Medusa or phase ships may be found in the black markets of Independent or other Tri-Tachyon stations.

I have never seen the Astral or Tridents anywhere in the game.  Conquest cannot be found for sale at any military market.

Buffalo II, red Buffalo with ballistic (instead of energy) mount, Mule with universal mount, and various degraded ships are found at pirate bases or black markets.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 10:18:40 AM »

I once found tridents in the blackmarket of Anar (From Shadowyards mod). I suspect it might be possible to find one in the BM tab of Tibecena, but i've never found one.

I very occasionally see: atlas, venture, monitor, and heron at Jangala too. If you've really got your heart set on those ships it's worthwhile to check Corvus too.

Interestingly I'm having a harder time getting cruisers i want than getting (most) capitals. I haven't seen a doom or a tartarus (from SRA) yet, but i'm pretty sure they could spawn. The military stations spawn fleets with them from time to time at least.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 10:55:25 AM »

I have seen Apogee, Aurora, and Doom (and Eagle) at Tibicena, but they are rarer than Odyssey and Paragon.  I barely see them unless I constantly buy out Tibicena's stock.  Then, eventually, I get a glut of Hammerheads and Sunders I do not want, but buy anyway so that I can get more high-tech ships next time.  Obviously, this can be done only after player earns millions from food shortages elsewhere.

EDIT:  Other factions love to pile on Onslaughts for sale.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 02:03:21 PM »

The reason there are so many capitals is because the game guarantees a capital ship in the military market of any size 4 or higher market, but does not do the same for cruisers.  Ideally it would guarantee a capital, two cruisers, three destroyers, etc depending on market size, rather than just capitals.