Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Money for Nothing...  (Read 9228 times)

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Money for Nothing...
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 09:50:23 AM »

What I hope finished Starsector will let me do is build up my fleets like now (early game, levels 1-30), build bases that let me produce fleets (levels 30+), then after I build up a strong enough military (levels 40+), attack and eliminate factions one by one until my faction is the last one standing and I win the game.

Why be a pirate when I can be the emperor of the next Hegemony or Diktat.

EDIT:  Assembling my forces would probably take much more money than now.  Probably tens or hundreds of millions of credits.
I'm hoping for the same thing.

Scuttlebutt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 12:55:59 AM »

Yeah, I'm hoping SS becomes Mount and Blade: Now in Space too. There'd be zero reason to uninstall a game like that for me.

Steven Shi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 02:32:02 AM »

Mount and Blade 2 will almost likely to be out first. =P

It's probably asking Alex too much though. I feel like development has significantly slowed down in the last 6 months or so and expecting the commerce part of the game to be as polished as the combat might be unrealistic.

My idea of the perfect Starfarer would contain several games worth of combat, trading, mission, industry building and exploration mechanics all stuffed into a living, breathing and reactive universe.  ;D

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 09:17:14 PM »

and THIS is where mods come in. robberflies and courier corvettes make up my extremely fast fleet of skirmishers, lashers, wolves and sidecars (most of them captured) make up my cheap throwaway fleets (as well as semi expendable cannon fodder in massive battles also involving larger ships), and tempests, various phase frigates and scarab heavy frigates make up my heavy hitting frigate fleet, sometimes lead by a fast phase destroyer with augmented engines (revrent, medusa, or virtually anything high end from citadel or blackrock.) also, they earned the nickname white rock crack yards because without fail, their frigates and destroyers are all either insanely fast for their size, or obscenely overpowered (somewhat balanced-ish by their very high operating cost and other factors.)
frigates are fun and fast, but sometimes you gotta mess around with the big boys too, so long as they can keep up. which the reverent cant without augmented engines, but dont fear, almost anything else i listed can.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity
Pages: 1 [2]