Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: using all flight decks in the map.  (Read 2324 times)

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
using all flight decks in the map.
« on: February 18, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »

currently it seems if i have more than one carrier on the field at a time all my fighters will only use the flight decks from one ship.. usually the carrier im flying. and will never go to any other carrier to rearm and repair even if said carrier is right next to me and that fighter squad is just floating around waiting to dock with my ship.

not sure if this was or is a bug though.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

RunawaySaint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: using all flight decks in the map.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 11:53:29 PM »

Thats weird...I have 3 carriers and they all seem to go to different ones...

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 12:06:58 AM »

I think it checks how far the carriers are, how long the queue is, and how many flight decks there are (which would divide queue length up), at least, that's my guess, based on how they behave and what I think is a reasonable approach to it.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 07:14:59 AM »

i have seen many times where i have 2 or 3 carrier capable ships in the field and all my fighters will return to only one of them for repairs and rearming.

it may just be calculating distance and going for the closest carrier but then when i use a strike order all those ships will end up going to one carrier afterwards.

i dont think the AI is taking into account other ships already heading for your carrier. how many docks the carrier has and if there are other carriers on the field.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 07:25:44 AM »

In 0.35 they used only one carrier. In 0.5 i have seen them use more than one carrier but sometimes i see a carrier with a queue while others nearby empty