Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [BUG?] No confirmation for "Move in to engage" dialog option.  (Read 2414 times)

dogamusprime

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[BUG?] No confirmation for "Move in to engage" dialog option.
« on: October 21, 2014, 08:20:28 AM »

I'm not sure if this is intended or not but, there's no confirmation to attack other fleets from what I can tell. I have permanent damage to my hands and I very often misclick things. It gets a little frustrating having to re-load every time this happens because there's no way of backing out of attacking that Hegemony capital fleet that I had no intention of attacking when they want to scan me ;D. I'm hoping that this can be changed. Awesome game btw, been playing for a long time. Thanks.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG?] No confirmation for "Move in to engage" dialog option.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 08:23:56 AM »

Originally posted this as a reply to your reply on the new release topic, but here goes:

Not sure if the game has hotkeys for those kinds of actions, but that might be a better solution for issues like these. I haven't gotten around to playing the new version just yet (waiting for a few staple mods to update first), but I can imagine a confirmation dialog like that getting pretty annoying pretty fast for a lot of people. Something like hotkeys (or a game settings checkbox) could help, I imagine.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 09:34:16 PM »

Hmm. Let me think about this a bit.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:41:56 PM »

I say you only ever learn that lesson once, and honestly...it's not a bug...it's rookie mistake. I kind of enjoyed learning the hard way in a 'Dark Souls 2' kind of way.

Then again perhaps clearer labelling or a pop up warning for the first time would be useful so you're aware of the choice you're making.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 04:02:43 AM »

I say you only ever learn that lesson once, and honestly...it's not a bug...it's rookie mistake. I kind of enjoyed learning the hard way in a 'Dark Souls 2' kind of way.

Then again perhaps clearer labelling or a pop up warning for the first time would be useful so you're aware of the choice you're making.

You might want to re-read the first post in this topic. The person who wrote it says he/she has damage to his hands, and that's why he/she often misclicks stuff. That's probably not something you can reliably learn to avoid. I agree on how it's not a bug (this should probably be under suggestions), but... yeah.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:04:55 AM by XpanD »

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 04:09:56 AM »

Hm? Oh I misread it as him having damaged his faction reputation for some reason. Ah, sure, if you've got hand problems it is good for something to change.

I understand where he is coming from, I don't play 'click-fest' games like Batman Arkham Asylum etc. where I need to be repeatedly mashing any button as it quickly inflames the muscular/nerve problems I have in my hands.

dogamusprime

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 09:38:24 AM »

Not sure how hard this would be, but perhaps putting all the negative actions into a separate part of the interface might help things. Or maybe just put it in a separate dialogue tree or one more down the current one. It really came in handy for mount and blade, for things like separating negative acts when visiting villages. I may be the only person having an issue with this, so maybe I could just learn to mod it my self.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:08 AM »

If I recall correctly, Mount & Blade (Warband, at least, dunno about the original) also had bigger menu options from the get-go and an interface to match. :P

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 10:11:30 AM »

(Moved to suggestions.)