Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Why is this Forum no War Zone?  (Read 11432 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Why is this Forum no War Zone?
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 06:59:30 AM »

First of all - everything that Alex has done so far is easily acceptable. Even 'CR-issues' that produced some problems among players were rather quickly resolved in the next update with introduction of informative tool tips. Turned out to be beginner`s problem mostly. There are still some people who disagree with CR system or feel it to be too harsh, but the majority of complains were cut off by the tool tips.

Secondly - the game is easily moddable. This not only produced many interesting mods, but also allows adjustments to be made 'on the fly' by everyone. Don`t like CR system? Adjusting ship values for this system is pretty easy. I think this contributes a bit to the overall calmness of the forum.

Thirdly - it seems that the community of the game here consists mostly of modders. Look at mods forum and you`ll see how diverse and rich modding community is. Modders are generally creative people who have understanding of basic development processes. Knowledge of difficulties and struggles that creation of new content is always connected with impacts on how they feel about dev`s work. To be short - they are more patient in general.

Well, that`s how I see the picture.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:08:40 AM by Okim »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 12:27:33 AM »

I like to think it's because we're all awesome. :P

pyg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2014, 05:21:50 PM »

I think the relatively slow development (no blame intended) as well as it's a single player game self selects for a certain crowd.  All in all, the best bang for my $10 ever.  Some really great modders are adding tremendously to the game.
Pages: 1 2 [3]