Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fatal unable to Start  (Read 2386 times)

alexng30

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Fatal unable to Start
« on: May 27, 2014, 07:30:44 PM »

Hey Alex, just now I tried to boot up the game and was met with this message "fatal: org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(I)V" and all of a sudden the game's not working.
Here's the log, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running this on Windows 7 64-bit, I understand this game is at the moment alot safer on 32-bit but I've been running this game since Saturday with no problems. Thanks!

1816 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Running with the following mods (in order of priority):
1816 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Ironclads [id: ironclads] [version v. 7.1] (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads)
1820 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Mod list finished
1821 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings  - Loading settings
1822 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [ABSOLUTE_AND_CWD: null (data/config/settings.json)]
1830 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ironclads (data/config/settings.json)]
2159 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.L  - Using refresh rate:75
2881 [Thread-5] ERROR sound.B  - org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenAL library.
org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenAL library.
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:151)
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:102)
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:201)
   at sound.B$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at sound.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
3102 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(I)V
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(I)V
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.alDistanceModel(AL10.java:1303)
   at sound.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fatal unable to Start
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »

Hmm. Can you try a reinstall? My working theory is that you may have tinkered with the vmparams file (while making the changes required to run Ironclads) and mucked up something there; that could easily produce this error message. You'd have to (carefully) re-apply the changes needed for Ironclads, though.

If you haven't touched the vmparams file since the time you were last able to run the game successfully, I'd still suggest a reinstall of the game, looks like something is corrupted in your current copy.

alexng30

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 08:30:57 PM »

I think I might've fixed it. Something with the sound is wonky in that my computer flips out whenever there is not an audio device plugged in. When running it without sound it worked fine without an audio device and I think that I ran it with sound on without an audio device plugged in which might've screwed it up. Thanks!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 08:35:20 PM »

Oh, strange. Glad you got it working, regardless :)