Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Add "Deploy All" for auto-resolve.  (Read 3747 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Add "Deploy All" for auto-resolve.
« on: January 31, 2014, 07:03:57 PM »

Nearly every time I choose auto-resolve, I want to deploy everything, including civilian ships and those with very low CR, so that I can increase my chances for the most kills, then stand down and recover the maximum amount of CR for all of my ships.  It is faster for all ships to recover a minor CR hit than it is for one ship to recover the full CR cost from fighting too hard.

Currently, I often need to click each of my (ten or so) ships every time I want to auto-resolve a pursuit.  Even if I do not want to deploy everything, it would often be faster if I could click "Deploy All" then unclick a few ships as in normal battles.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Add "Deploy All" for auto-resolve.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 06:44:26 AM »

Amen to this, this would be great to see.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 06:43:49 AM »

I have somewhat opposite suggestion, but figured it's not big enough to warrant a separate thread.

So, when we're picking ships from our fleet to participate in manual combat, there's a button "all" which, bluntly enough, picks all ships: this include hoard of defenseless tugs, tankers and freighters. This button works ok when all of your ships are combat ones, and it's not really needed when you have 3 or so ships you're going to field, but when I have, say, 2 cruisers,  6 destroyers, 1 freighter & 6 tugs, currently it's either 8 clicks to select ships I want to field or 8 clicks for chosing "all" and then deselecting non-combat ships. I believe players could really benefit from an option to select all combat ships for a cases like this. Perhaps it's possible to fit another button between "deploy" and "all", being "all combat" or somesuch?

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 07:06:58 AM »

You can put your ships in groups by marking ships and pressing ctrl+# during combat. You can then select those groups in the deployment dialog by pressing the number you assigned. I usually just split my fleet in interceptors, combatants and civilian ships.

Would indeed be nice to have those options in the auto resolve dialog, too.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 07:09:24 AM »

Whoa, I never knew of this hotkey, thanks a lot Gothars! :)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 09:48:30 AM »

You can also make the group designations from the deployment screen - any ship currently selected to go out will be included in the group.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 12:48:46 AM »

Thaago, that was great hint, thank you! Now all is left for me is to join Megas wishing the same worked for auto-resolve too.

It makes me wonder though, if there's more cool things like this, that could be learned only by accidentally asking right question on forums :) Hmm, let me try: is there a hotkey for x2 & x4 time flow increase? ::)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 07:47:30 AM »

For x2 in the campaign, yes. Hold down shift. :D