Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1332235 times)

sycspysycspy

• Commander
  • Translator of the Council of AL
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Starsector+ 3.0.0
« Reply #1980 on: December 19, 2015, 10:12:29 PM »

My IBB bounties strangely disparaged... I did not completed any of them and they are just no more. And I am not sure when.
Please report any translation error to me with PM.
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.

Mudanzas Valencia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • mudanzas valencia
« Reply #1981 on: December 20, 2015, 06:44:57 AM »

Maybe instead of making them hostile, commissions could just make enemies inhospitable if you haven't actively antaged them. Maybe you could add some exceptions (joining eos makes templars vengeful) but in general it's just inhospitable.

Seriously I think the commission system was designed with only four major factions in mind, do you want to fight for the tachyons, the hegemony, the pirates or independents. When you've got 15 factions with a web of relations the antaging can get...ridiculous. Moroever, becasue factions don't just control fleet types and markets but also whole quadrants then comissions can be...limiting, especially near the beginning. This isn't really a balancing issue so much as a fun issue, I like being able to cruise around the expanded galaxy and read all the cool descriptions and buy neat things, if half the galaxy hates you that's lame. Of course eventually you do want to antag everyone and destroy the galaxy as an endgame, but it would be beter to do that piecewise than all at once.

Granted you can just avoid comissions (which I have been doing) but perhaps this problem is just related to the fact that it's really hard to make money through fighting alone right now between crew and supply costs, bounty difficulties/competition with AI, and with commissions makign the game into a gauntlet it's just logisitcally frustrating. maybe that will change with the next build.     
si desea un presupuesto para su hogar o negocio
http://www.mudanzasvalemcia.com
Sus muebles, así como nuestra reputación en Valencia, tu empresa de mudanzas economicas.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: December 20, 2015, 07:51:20 AM »

Indeed that would be nice, but being just inhospitable with Templar would mean a permanent -5 hit in your reputation with your factions. Then again if your faction has plenty of enemies you can fill that up easily, but I think with 15 faction the problem is elsewhere. How does it work for someone, when his faction goes constantly back and forth at war and truce with ALL the factions. Along with the permanent -5 for the Templar, the player would have to zoom around the whole galaxy, attacking fleets of the factions that his own faction just went to war.

In the vanilla that was manageable only because I kept attacking only Tri-Tachyon, so getting even a monthly hit of 10 if Hegemony went at war with two factions, was manageable when killing Tri-Tachyon. But if there were so many factions, I can easily imagine a war with 4 factions at the same time all the time, with the factions that are at war revolving FTL. The modded game I played was with Nexerelin on Corvus mode, so playing as my own faction removed from my back the problem. But without it, it would be such a pain for sure.
Ignorance is bliss..

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: December 20, 2015, 09:23:07 AM »

Guys Im having troubles. I comissioned myself to Tri Tachyon. The problem is I keep getting rep penalties because Im not hostile with the "Knights of Ludd". Who the hell are those guys? Where to find them? I cant see them as a power and im dropping in rep rapidly with Tri Tachyon. Help please.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: December 20, 2015, 09:56:21 AM »

Guys Im having troubles. I comissioned myself to Tri Tachyon. The problem is I keep getting rep penalties because Im not hostile with the "Knights of Ludd". Who the hell are those guys? Where to find them? I cant see them as a power and im dropping in rep rapidly with Tri Tachyon. Help please.

That's a vanilla bug that will be fixed on the next release of Starsector.

As a sidenote, I think Knights of the Ludd is the Luddic Church? Can't be sure though.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:47:33 PM by weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: December 20, 2015, 02:14:22 PM »

Indeed it is. Essentialy the official military forces of peaceful Luddites.

OT: use Console Commands mod to work around the issue.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: December 20, 2015, 04:00:14 PM »

I am hostile to the Luddic Church. So what rep should I mod then?

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: December 20, 2015, 04:09:29 PM »

I am hostile to the Luddic Church. So what rep should I mod then?

When I said it is a bug, I meant the game asking the player to lower reputation with the Knights of the Ludd, when they are not supposed to be a separate faction, but the same as Luddic Church. The sub faction is reffered as knights_of_ludd in files. Try that?

Just tried "adjustrelationship player knights_of_ludd -100"

At least it said the reputation was adjusted.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 04:14:17 PM by weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: December 20, 2015, 05:06:45 PM »

Thank you weltall will try this.

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: December 20, 2015, 11:48:24 PM »

Just a quick sidenote: it's easier to use setrelationship rather than adjustrelationship since  the latter adds the specified rep value to the existing one, while the former simply sets it to the specified value.

Galwail

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: December 21, 2015, 09:30:23 AM »

Hi, I have tried the Starsector+ mod and all the new ships and options are really great. Is it possible to board and capture some of the OP mod ships from IBB bounties? Is it intentional that the locomotive tug can't use augmented engines? I would really like to use it to tug my capital ships.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: December 21, 2015, 10:41:39 AM »

Is it possible to board and capture some of the OP mod ships from IBB bounties?

Because we were talking how vanilla Starsector lowered Boarding chances from 20% to 5% from 0.65 to 0.7, Dark Revenant mentioned that in next update he will make IBB ships having full chance to be boarded on the next Starsector+ update.

Alex's boarding chance stat doesn't work (I set IBBs to have something like 10000% chance to board).  I'm forcefully making them boardable in 3.1.
Ignorance is bliss..

Neo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: December 21, 2015, 11:41:55 PM »

I have encountered a problem trying to edit SkillData.java for a modpack containing SS+.  I have narrowed it down to SS+ causing changes in the config to not manifest (they do manifest when SS+ is toggled off).  I tried looking in the SS+ mod directory:
...Starsector\mods\Starsector Plus\data\characters\skills

...but I couldn't find anything that manifested changes.

Is there anyway to custom edit skills for SS+, and if so how is this done exactly?

Thanks.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: December 22, 2015, 12:04:00 AM »

I'm still getting the bug that causes fleets to ignore you when they haven't seen you recently, you are hostile, and your transponder is off. It isn't related to nexerelin, as i tested it with the knights templar and starsector + being the only mods installed. As you did the test yourself, when you have the knights templar installed only everything works fine, but with starsector + installed it causes them to change behavior. the templar would ask me to turn my transponder on if i ran into them, but i could refuse and leave without consequence.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1994 on: December 22, 2015, 12:07:42 AM »

I have encountered a problem trying to edit SkillData.java for a modpack containing SS+.  I have narrowed it down to SS+ causing changes in the config to not manifest (they do manifest when SS+ is toggled off).  I tried looking in the SS+ mod directory:
...Starsector\mods\Starsector Plus\data\characters\skills

...but I couldn't find anything that manifested changes.

Is there anyway to custom edit skills for SS+, and if so how is this done exactly?

Thanks.

Do not redistribute Starsector+.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 197