Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1332146 times)

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Starsector+ 3.0.0
« Reply #1890 on: December 13, 2015, 04:43:21 PM »

Yep.  You expected otherwise?  Something has to tell the GPU what to do, after all.  It's a big, dumb number cruncher.

Not a 20% T_T So if I turn off the nice effects, when a ton of explosions happen on screen it will be 20% faster?.... I am glad i find slowdowns amusing, cause it feels like it is slowmotioning the destruction. I wish a second core would be the one to do that T_T

Apart from waiting for the next version, is there any edits I can make to the current one to reduce the amount paid out? My current 5 frigate fleet costs nearly 5k in salaries per month, which is making the game pretty grindy.
Reposting this because it seems to have gotten buried. Where are the salary calculations hidden in the SS files? Are they accessible for casual edits?

I am pretty sure it is hardcoded because there seem to be no obvious option in the files that points out salaries or crew. Also considering it will be the first v3 patch, I am guessing it will come out sooner or later. XD

NO! Hell Alex is switching BACK to java 7 as 8 sucks so much!

O.O.... *checks his Java* ... time to roll back.. I wonder if I should get update 79 or 80. Or maybe the not publicly shared 91? >.> I did not know these versions existed.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:56:41 PM by weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1891 on: December 13, 2015, 05:11:59 PM »

Yep.  You expected otherwise?  Something has to tell the GPU what to do, after all.  It's a big, dumb number cruncher.

Not a 20% T_T So if I turn off the nice effects, when a ton of explosions happen on screen it will be 20% faster?.... I am glad i find slowdowns amusing, cause it feels like it is slowmotioning the destruction. I wish a second core would be the one to do that T_T

It's more like 12%, actually.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 13, 2015, 05:28:17 PM »

It's more like 12%, actually.

That precision made me smile :) I am close it is close to 10%! :D Well one way or the other, I would not stop using it. You have done such a wonderful job with it. No way I am not using it.

I tried Java 7 update 91 and made battles slower (even the ones with not many ships). With Java 8 (latest update) they were much faster. Also there is a slight slowdown in the map too, but looking at FPS I see them at times as long as with 8, so it might be a placebo effect. But in battles it is definitely slower. I am going to try Java 7 update 80 which is the last one offered in Java page and see if that is better.

It might be just me but the latest version of Java 8 is indeed faster in battles. In the map it was the same all slow and sluggy at the point where there were a lot of fleets. But it battle I have had a obvious to me slowdown in both Java 7u79 and 7u91.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 06:47:45 PM by weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: December 13, 2015, 07:02:57 PM »

Currently there is no reason to ever use Dedicated Targeting Core as it gives 0/0/20/25 range bonus, and cost more OP to install than Integrated Targeting Unit which grants a 10/15/20/25 bonus.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: December 13, 2015, 07:05:53 PM »

Isn't one much easier to get than the other, thus the other just being a straight upgrade?
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: December 13, 2015, 07:09:37 PM »

Considering the integrated targeting unit needs the player to add 7 points on technology tree, I am pretty sure it acts as an upgraded option of dedicated targeting core.
Ignorance is bliss..

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: December 13, 2015, 07:22:30 PM »

That's the point; ship fitting in SS is about trade-offs, not straight upgrades. All hullmods have drawbacks or otherwise an opportunity cost. Dedicated targeting core and Integrated targeting unit are the only anomaly. And it's not like you should worry about skill points by the time you need to install dedicated targeting core on your ship.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: December 14, 2015, 05:40:34 AM »

That's the point; ship fitting in SS is about trade-offs, not straight upgrades. All hullmods have drawbacks or otherwise an opportunity cost. Dedicated targeting core and Integrated targeting unit are the only anomaly. And it's not like you should worry about skill points by the time you need to install dedicated targeting core on your ship.

On my Vanilla play I did use Dedicated targeting core. That is because I was getting no good ships that could be captured throughout the entire game, thus I just accepted the fact that I would buy my ships. I had an Onslaught much before I got a Integrated Targeting Core, considering I always raise all three skill trees to 5, then combat to 10 and after that I go for Technology higher than 5. That means I unlock it at around level 40 and till then, if I actually use the oodles of money I make, I can buy if not a capital ship at least a Cruiser.
Ignorance is bliss..

Jude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: December 14, 2015, 06:11:32 AM »

Out of curiosity, since I'm quite late to the party; what's the standard for SS+ integrated mods?

Were they all made in collaboration with SS+? Were they deemed balanced and lore-friendly and thus added in afterwards? Are mods ever added to or removed from SS+ integration?

I'm just interested in the story behind it all.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: December 14, 2015, 06:34:03 AM »

Out of curiosity, since I'm quite late to the party; what's the standard for SS+ integrated mods?

Were they all made in collaboration with SS+? Were they deemed balanced and lore-friendly and thus added in afterwards? Are mods ever added to or removed from SS+ integration?

I'm just interested in the story behind it all.
Yes, yes and potentially yes.

Jude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: December 14, 2015, 06:35:08 AM »

Yes, yes and potentially yes.
Concise and to the point. Guess that answers that.  ;)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1901 on: December 14, 2015, 09:06:02 AM »

I add integrated mods infrequently, when there's a high-quality mod that's reasonably balanced (like, in the ballpark of vanilla balance - even the Templars apply since there are lots of drawbacks to using their stuff, and they're hard to get) and is stable enough to spend the time for integration, and has a developer willing & able to collaborate.  The next on the list is probably Diable Avionics.

Jude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: December 14, 2015, 09:11:52 AM »

I add integrated mods infrequently, when there's a high-quality mod that's reasonably balanced (like, in the ballpark of vanilla balance - even the Templars apply since there are lots of drawbacks to using their stuff, and they're hard to get) and is stable enough to spend the time for integration, and has a developer willing & able to collaborate.  The next on the list is probably Diable Avionics.
I suppose if I were to make a mod, SS+ integration would be my ultimate goal. Until I realize I have to keep updating it and laze out.  :P

Mudanzas Valencia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • mudanzas valencia
« Reply #1903 on: December 14, 2015, 10:10:16 AM »

I'm glad you are adding faction cohesiviness in weaponry cause with all factions enabled the pirates have a real "kitchen sink" approach that makes it difficiult to tell what your getting into. Is it an easy battle or suicide - who knows?!?!

It's really hard to get a named bounty when you're just starting out - maybe make smaller bounties? 10000 gold with just a few enemy ships.

The hacking modules are extremely dangerous if you encourter them randomly or when you go after a bounty, especially when you're starting out. Might...might want to nerf hacking modules

si desea un presupuesto para su hogar o negocio
http://www.mudanzasvalemcia.com
Sus muebles, así como nuestra reputación en Valencia, tu empresa de mudanzas economicas.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1904 on: December 14, 2015, 10:21:57 AM »

I'm glad you are adding faction cohesiviness in weaponry cause with all factions enabled the pirates have a real "kitchen sink" approach that makes it difficiult to tell what your getting into. Is it an easy battle or suicide - who knows?!?!

It's really hard to get a named bounty when you're just starting out - maybe make smaller bounties? 10000 gold with just a few enemy ships.

The hacking modules are extremely dangerous if you encourter them randomly or when you go after a bounty, especially when you're starting out. Might...might want to nerf hacking modules

Of all the factions, Pirates got hit the hardest with a weapon table reduction.  The really anti-beginner weapons are either gone or very rare with run-of-the-mill pirates, though some of the restrictions are relaxed for bounty fleets.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 197