What's next? (pick 2 options)

Boarding Frigate
Heavy Cruiser
Capital-class Carrier
Dreadnought (bigger battleship)
A Batavian Homesystem
More misc; Weapons, Hullmods, Shipsystems

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Project Batavia V10 - Part of Exerelin! Uomoz's Sector compatible!  (Read 142146 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

F1 Defenders taking off through an opening in the Karel Doorman's deck. Fighters also land on that spot and the repair sparks light up within the opening in the deck.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 02:57:13 PM by Erick Doe »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Eh....the flight deck on the Karel Doorman still doesn't strike me as a carrier.  The actual flight deck has a lot of straight lines that go across the deck, which break up the look of it.  The opening in the deck is nice, but smack-dab in the middle of the flight deck seems like a rather odd place to put it - an opening in the side of the ship, maybe like this.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

The actual flight deck has a lot of straight lines that go across the deck, which break up the look of it.

It is based on the look of a ww2 era carrier. Just look at the decks of some of these ships. Flight decks aren't made out of one section and are actually quite broken up. It may be a bit exaggerated on the Karel Doorman. But it is a spaceship 'roughly based' off ww2 era carriers. I still want it to have its own look.

Spoiler

[close]

Anyway, still playing with the sprite, so we'll see how it ends up.  ;) I'll try to add a forward opening as well, but it will not be used. Perpaps I can animate it so it opens and closes slowly.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Well, with WWII carriers, they had more things painted over the deck to accentuate the actual landing stripe, so a pilot wouldn't miss the deck.  The Karel Doorman has a lot of horizontal stripes, with maybe one vertical strip - doesn't flow with how you'd think the fighters take off.

A rear opening would look pretty cool, although I think you'd have to remove some of the flight deck at the back (as to not cover the engines), which IMO, wouldn't be too much of a problem.  Kind of like a modern-day amphibious assault ship.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:35:09 PM by The Soldier »
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile

It may also be that it's the same color as the rest of the hull. Maybe darken the landing bit quite a bit and give it some landing strip decals?

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile

So, is it ment to have a LOT of ports for the Excilierin Mod compatibility or is it something on Excelrin's side or what? Cause IT seems to want 10+ portraits for your mod.

I read the front, feel silly now...     @~@

BTW, i LOVE the zorgs, have you ever considered adding a triangle fighter perhaps?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

I feel like I've asked way too much of Erick Doe. :/

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Nonsense, The Soldier. I just got a little bored with working on PB and switched to TuP for a bit.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Next update will be released some time today (friday) or tomorrow (saturday).

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Guess it's not Saturday, either.  Nonetheless, take your time. :)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Guess it's not Saturday, either.  Nonetheless, take your time. :)

Sorry, something came up. Will be done ASAP.

Lakis

• Lieutenant
  • I shall offend all of them!
    • View Profile

Dun worry dude, RL before any sort of game.

Unless it's your bread and butter...
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8100.0 - Metelsons Faction Mod - Occasional contributor - mostly a cold dead planet.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Not a Battlestar Galactica fan, but weapons-wise I'm aiming for the feel of this video:

Basically, lots of spammy inaccurate low-power guns and small but quick fightercraft.

I'm close to finishing some of the old goals:
-Reduce orbit speed of Batavia Shipyards Corvus Dock
-Add new ring around the Corvus Dock
-Improve feet consistency - some tromp carrier fleets don't have proper fighter wings atm
-Make shields easier to see - brighter and perhaps the colour of the Goalkeeper projectiles
-Add an opening into the Karel Doorman's flightdeck
-New Batavian missile weapon

Ontop of that I'll probably add a tugboat with a build in monofilament cable and a new swarmer-esque weapon. I will also be reworking the ship sprites (again) adding a bit more wear and tear (and possibly colour).

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Version 8 is out!

Project Batavia Version 8

-Reduced the orbit speed of Batavia Shipyards Corvus Dock, so convoys and fleets in need of supplies can dock successfully
-Altered the rings around the Corvus Dock
-Improved feet consistency - some tromp carrier fleets didn't have proper fighter wings before
-Made shields easier to see
-Added an opening into the Karel Doorman's flightdeck, plus a few additional details
-Tweaked a few stats
-Changed ship descriptions, according to Lcu's feedback

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Much appreciated! :D Mod's getting better bit by bit.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19