Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: 0.5 feedback  (Read 57971 times)

Steven Shi

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 0.5 feedback
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2012, 07:26:50 PM »

To speed up repair of an almost-dead vessel, install the auto-repair hull mod. That 30 days repair just became 15 days. =)

Switch it out again once it's repaired.

Icelom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2012, 12:53:09 AM »

I might just not have noticed it, but at the moment there appears to be no way to empty specific slots of a ship except completely strapping it and refitting the other slots.

I think some way to set a behavior for ships would very useful, for example to keep your carriers out of trouble, or your fighters from engaging large ships all on their own far in enemy territory, but maybe that is something you already plan to do with the officers. Also, there should be some way to set some weapon groups to autofire by default. This is very minor, but a the moment i start every battle by setting PD-weapons on autofire right out of the gate. Or just keep the settings you had when finishing your last battle active for the next one.

Just some quick notes on these 2 points you raised

Right click removes a fitted weapon on the fitting screen, no need to strip.
However i do think it needs to tell you the stats of the fitted weapon, right now i right click it off then check it to see if its what i want.

Rally your carrier groups, i dont loose carriers unless i send them in. Generaly i keep them in hte back and fit them with long range missile weapons when possible to provide some damage support but stay out of trouble. (its on the tactical map, right click a spot in space and rally carrier group all your carriers will just hang out there).

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2012, 02:11:42 AM »

I might just not have noticed it, but at the moment there appears to be no way to empty specific slots of a ship except completely strapping it and refitting the other slots.

Have you tried right clicking?
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2012, 09:37:41 PM »

For those of you worrying about the overpowered-ness of TT,
I would say they actually aren't.
In my game world the two sort of swap,
although when the big cargo convoys come in,
the TT fleets jet off pretty quickly.
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

Qloos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2012, 09:42:22 PM »

I am experiencing battle fatigue.  I long for other forms of enjoyment from starfarer.  Something more managerial or social.

Regis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2012, 05:50:27 AM »

Hi, first let me say this game si already great! ;) The campaign is just what I needed - I found the learining curve of the standalone missions to be a bit too steep (too much stuff happening at once) however in the campaign I can pick my battles, experiment with loadouts and learn. Also don't listen to the whiners whining about difficulty. I find it fine.

Now why I registered: I have noticed that when I equip my Paragon with 4 (tachyon?) lances the game slows to crawl. Anyone elese noticed that? I drop from 60 fps with stock Paragon to <20 fps with 4x lance. Perhaps something is not quite right with the rendering of the huge firing arcs? Let me know if I should perform some more experments.

Keep up the great work!

stardidi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2012, 06:04:02 AM »

Hi, first let me say this game si already great! ;) The campaign is just what I needed - I found the learining curve of the standalone missions to be a bit too steep (too much stuff happening at once) however in the campaign I can pick my battles, experiment with loadouts and learn. Also don't listen to the whiners whining about difficulty. I find it fine.

Now why I registered: I have noticed that when I equip my Paragon with 4 (tachyon?) lances the game slows to crawl. Anyone elese noticed that? I drop from 60 fps with stock Paragon to <20 fps with 4x lance. Perhaps something is not quite right with the rendering of the huge firing arcs? Let me know if I should perform some more experments.

Keep up the great work!

This is a known bug. A quick search turns out that there's is something wrong with the rendering of firing arcs. It's in the bug report section of the forum

Regis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2012, 06:16:08 AM »

Ah, sorry. I should have checked the bug reporting secrion first.  :-X

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2012, 07:01:46 AM »

Pirates currently is regular army with brand new ships in perfect condition, regular crew, and fullset weapons, this is not right.

pirates are scum, they shoud pilot junk ships or outdated ships, possibly ships shoud lack shields or use less effective weapons - engine.

also minor portion of damage shoud go permanent and shields shoud also take some *permanent* damage, currently AI may circle around or sit behind shields without any chance to damage it.

For shields - more damage shields adsorbed in combat - more damage it take or minor portion of damage go diretly to hull.

For permanent damage - both hull and weapons health drop permanently and can be restored at stations only, pirate ships spawn already damaged.

noxxit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2012, 07:08:43 AM »

Pirates currently is regular army with brand new ships in perfect condition, regular crew, and fullset weapons, this is not right.

pirates are scum, they shoud pilot junk ships or outdated ships, possibly ships shoud lack shields or use less effective weapons - engine.

Play EVE online - learn about pirates ;) Or read about organized crime - learn about pirates. Just because it's a pirate doesn't mean that they have bad equipment. (Also originally pirates where raiders employed by different monarchies to raid each other's gold shipments as far as I know.)

Regis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2012, 09:52:51 AM »

Historically pirates relied on mobility rather than brute force. They were never serious threat to any military ship (as far as know). Blackbeard was hunted down and killed by two army sloops with 58 men total. Also there is a difference between pirate and a privateer.

But that has very little to do with Starfarer. :D

MerlosTheMad

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2012, 10:05:04 AM »

I actually just need a hand here, I can't figure out where it is I download the updates for the alpha version I bought. ^_^'

Simberto

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2012, 11:16:00 AM »

http://fractalsoftworks.com/preorder/

Download buttons at the bottom of that page.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2012, 01:19:03 PM »

feed back.. well i would like to see the stations actually get new ships much MUCH more often.. seems like they get a few new ships early on and then they just completely stop.

the multi roll fighters you get one... they never restock.. those 18k bombers.. forgot there name.. same you get one and they never restock also never seen these in any fleets. also.. i have started a new game today and i got an attack shuttle for a starting ship.. first time i ever saw it and been playing a lot. and only have seen it being sold in my new game.. after it blew up on me. these are by no means the only examples of but thought i would point them out in case you were not aware Alex
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2012, 01:22:46 PM »

feed back.. well i would like to see the stations actually get new ships much MUCH more often.. seems like they get a few new ships early on and then they just completely stop.

the multi roll fighters you get one... they never restock.. those 18k bombers.. forgot there name.. same you get one and they never restock also never seen these in any fleets. also.. i have started a new game today and i got an attack shuttle for a starting ship.. first time i ever saw it and been playing a lot. and only have seen it being sold in my new game.. after it blew up on me. these are by no means the only examples of but thought i would point them out in case you were not aware Alex

You got a shuttle as the *starting* ship? That seems impossible, are you certain? The starting ships are Wolf/Lasher/Brawler/Vigilance, and the re-start ships are Shuttle/Dram/Hound.

As far as ship re-stocking - the replacements are randomly picked. I know it's hardly ideal for gaining access to everything in a predictable way, but those mechanics are temporary anyway, so I'd rather not spend too much time polishing them up (instead of working on an actual economy, ship production, etc).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13