Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Return of the Shuttle Pod  (Read 1872 times)

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
The Return of the Shuttle Pod
« on: September 30, 2013, 06:59:55 AM »

It would seem that the Shuttle Pod was unintentionally made a purchasable, deployable and usable ship in 0.6a and Alex sees it as a 'Bug' to be fixed.. as mentioned here:

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6980.msg114338;topicseen#msg114338

I personally like it, sometimes use it as a means of travelling between systems relatively unhindered at a low fuel cost, or ferrying mothballed ships.

The game mechanic could also be such that when your final fleet ship is destroyed this is the one you're stranded in and you have to make your way back to civilization to buy another ship or fleet.

You could also have the shuttlepod like a personal command vessel that gives an additional +1 to your Command Points.

Anyway, Alex, don't delete it regardless of other cool new suggested mechanics! It shouldn't be difficult to 'un-fix' the ship into existence.

miro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of the Shuttle Pod
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 06:42:30 PM »

I agree, this is great fun. I really like it. The shuttling mothballed ships makes a lot of sense.
Hey brah.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of the Shuttle Pod
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 01:30:17 AM »

Changes as of December 01, 2013
Miscellaneous:
  • Ships:
    • Shuttle-class renamed to Mercury-class, designation changed to "Shuttle" (i.e. Mercury-class Shuttle rather than Shuttle-class Transport)
    • Added new ships:
      • Hermes-class shuttle
      • Cerberus-class frigate (large-ish multipurpose frigate)
      • Heron-class cruiser (fast carrier)
    • Astral changed to have 6 flight decks instead of 3

Looking back on the release note it may be resolved in the next patch?