Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Wow. This takes the cake as the worst difficulty curve ever.  (Read 16367 times)

Excalibur Bane

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Wow. This takes the cake as the worst difficulty curve ever.
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2013, 05:05:58 PM »

I'm not sure if OP is trolling or what...  Read the material in the forum!  There's a fan made manual, there's an in-game codex entry for every item with full crunch to wrap your head around.  Experiment refitting a ship and then use run simulation to see what the changes did if you're really clueless.  But don't complain about an awesome game just because you can't be bothered to use the resources staring you in the face.  A bit old school, yes.  Call of duty this is not (thank god finally)!

CR is not an I win button for the fleet with a miniscule speed edge and ability to kill some/most of the ships.  If they "had to surrender" at no CR, it means they couldn't move... and then you couldn't either in the same situation.  Think and try instead of wasting time whining to the world about how hard something is.  Beautiful and unique snowflake BS.

Nice, your a real asshat you know that? I wasn't trolling at all. This game is not noob friendly, and at least the designer acknoldges that. And the controls suck with just using the cursor keys, not nearly sensitive enough. Thankfully someone posted how to use the mouse function and turned it around for me, so it was playable. Next time, before you open your yap, read the entire thread.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2013, 05:20:18 PM »

I'm not sure if OP is trolling or what...  Read the material in the forum!  There's a fan made manual, there's an in-game codex entry for every item with full crunch to wrap your head around.  Experiment refitting a ship and then use run simulation to see what the changes did if you're really clueless.  But don't complain about an awesome game just because you can't be bothered to use the resources staring you in the face.  A bit old school, yes.  Call of duty this is not (thank god finally)!

CR is not an I win button for the fleet with a miniscule speed edge and ability to kill some/most of the ships.  If they "had to surrender" at no CR, it means they couldn't move... and then you couldn't either in the same situation.  Think and try instead of wasting time whining to the world about how hard something is.  Beautiful and unique snowflake BS.

Nice, your a real asshat you know that? I wasn't trolling at all. This game is not noob friendly, and at least the designer acknoldges that. And the controls suck with just using the cursor keys, not nearly sensitive enough. Thankfully someone posted how to use the mouse function and turned it around for me, so it was playable. Next time, before you open your yap, read the entire thread.

I don't like the tone here at all, on both sides. It's simple:
A) Respect other opinions and the users behind it, even if it goes contrary to your own. That's the basis.
B) Don't rise to provocation. If you think something an user said is personally insulting, report it.

I'll let you both of with a warning, don't let it happen again.

The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

SeaBee

• Commander
  • The stars are ... alive and breathing
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2013, 05:20:59 PM »

Personal attacks are not welcome on this forum, from anyone.

Discussing the difficulty for new players is important, and I'd rather not see a fruitful conversation brought down to an uncivilized level that results in the thread getting locked. Thanks for understanding.

Edit: ninja'd by Gothars.  :D

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2013, 05:40:43 PM »

A) Respect other opinions and the users behind it, even if it goes contrary to your own. That's the basis.

Ahah, always respecting another opinion doesn't make sense. Not calling someone a doody head because you think their opinion is stupid falls under respecting the users behind it... Thats all that should matter. If you claim that respecting an opinion is mandatory then nobody is allowed to voice any disagreement.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2013, 05:42:10 PM »

Ahah, always respecting another opinion doesn't make sense. Not calling someone a doody head because you think their opinion is stupid falls under respecting the users behind it... Thats all that should matter. If you claim that respecting an opinion is mandatory then nobody is allowed to voice any disagreement.

I respect your opinion, but I think it is false. ;)

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2013, 05:50:22 PM »

I respect your opinion, but I think it is false. ;)

Then we're probably disagreeing on how to define respect for an opinion. 
"
: a feeling of admiring someone or something that is good, valuable, important, etc.

: a feeling or understanding that someone or something is important, serious, etc., and should be treated in an appropriate way
"
If an opinion doesn't hold water then how is it worthy of admiration? Because someone thinks it does?

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2013, 06:16:05 PM »

I wouldn't say admiration, but the second definition pretty much covers it. To respect the opinion of a discussion partner means to show consideration. Ideally, it means that you try to understand why your partner holds this opinion, which differing experiences might have let him to hold it and if you can find common ground based on that. And, if taste and personal preference is part of the opinion, respect means to accept that preference as a equal alternative to your own preference.
Respect does in no way mean that I have to agree with or even like a discussion partner, just that I'm not an ass about it.

If you want to continue this, feel free to send me a PM, this is getting a bit off topic.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]