Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1 Fighter wing don't use carriers  (Read 1966 times)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
1 Fighter wing don't use carriers
« on: September 18, 2013, 03:21:24 PM »

So I noticed with the help of some others that with the new fighter system, fighters will not redock if it's the last fighter left in the wing, so if you have a modded wing size of only 1 even if they use their munitions/ get low on hp they won't use a carrier to refit.

That and they permanently die even though they there are replacement hulls available.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Fighter wing don't use carriers
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 07:56:02 PM »

i suspected this myself.

as i have taken a good number of fighter wings into combat with full CR of around 70% only to see very early on in combat that they were out of chassis, then after battle see there CR still be around 50-ish% and have plenty of chassis.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:39:01 PM »

Hmm. That's a bit of a problem, I don't see an easy way to address this - a fighter wing counts as "taken out" if all the members are destroyed and there isn't one being prepped. Which is always going to be the case with wings of size 1. I suppose it could wait a second or two before declaring it "taken out", but... hm.

There are other UI issues with 1-sized wings, aren't there? I imagine the "wing" part in the way the game labels these isn't appropriate. It's just not a very well supported case. Made a note to take a quick look, though.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 09:49:34 PM »

Good to know. Have to update the alien`s bomber to the size of two until this issue is adressed.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 06:18:48 PM »

Hmm. That's a bit of a problem, I don't see an easy way to address this - a fighter wing counts as "taken out" if all the members are destroyed and there isn't one being prepped. Which is always going to be the case with wings of size 1. I suppose it could wait a second or two before declaring it "taken out", but... hm.
Can't you make it so that if a "wing" of one is destroyed, but there are empty flight decks available, one of the carriers starts building a replacement right away?