Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Too many fighters for sale  (Read 1258 times)

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
Too many fighters for sale
« on: September 16, 2013, 10:41:36 PM »

Something I've noticed in the later stages of the game, all shipyards are overloaded with fighter wings, so many that the station can't seem to store any larger hulls.

By level 20+, its not unusual to see 40+ fighter wings per station, with at most 10 larger hulls.

I've taken to buying them en-masse and scuttling them to clear the inventory, but that shouldn't really be necessary.

Perhaps some sort of cap to the number of hulls of the same type a station will accept from supply fleets, like the autofactory does when producing ships?
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: Too many fighters for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:51:58 PM »

I think there should be an automatic deleting of supplies (both ships and items) over time to simulate consumption until true econ can be implemented

This deletion rate could then increase itself based on how much there are of that item in stock, based on a predefined "max" value

example:

max 15 ships, 15 fighters
stock 15 ships, 30 fighters

then the station would be removing 1 ship a day and 2 fighters a day.

ofc the values are all arbitrary, the point is that it'll delete stuff faster if there's disproportionally large volumes of a particular type of stuff to delete
mmm.... tartiflette

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Too many fighters for sale
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 10:56:43 PM »

I've taken to buying them en-masse and scuttling them to clear the inventory, but that shouldn't really be necessary.

It's not - new ships will replace old ones automatically, so you don't need to clear out the inventory. There was, however, a bug where 60% of all ships brought in were fighters. It was meant to be 40%, and in any event, that was left over from before fighters were more difficult to lose. Set the fighter chance to be 30%. Thanks for bringing this up!