Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Could someone please provide me with the old TPC sound effect?  (Read 1777 times)

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
Could someone please provide me with the old TPC sound effect?
« on: September 15, 2013, 12:45:16 AM »

That is the old Thermal Pulse Cannon.. thank you.

cell

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone please provide me with the old TPC sound effect?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 03:06:39 AM »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7j9g59ijhqccr7y/fire_beam_burst04.ogg

here you go. it used a 0.5 pitch and 0.75 volume. i think thats all youll need but im not a modder. ive just been browsing through the files and replacing the old sounds i prefer. the old tpc sounds way better!

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 11:00:27 AM »

Gotta admit, the old TPC was better.
As a whole in fact, i personally think the sound update was a step in the right direction, but some sounds are severely lacking.
But Stian mentionned many time its an ongoing project so im not really worried

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7j9g59ijhqccr7y/fire_beam_burst04.ogg

here you go. it used a 0.5 pitch and 0.75 volume. i think thats all youll need but im not a modder. ive just been browsing through the files and replacing the old sounds i prefer. the old tpc sounds way better!

Thank you so much man!  :)

Gotta admit, the old TPC was better.
As a whole in fact, i personally think the sound update was a step in the right direction, but some sounds are severely lacking.
But Stian mentionned many time its an ongoing project so im not really worried

Well, as a whole, I like some of the new sound effects(UI - perfect). However.. when it comes to individual guns, it goes from being very good(shields, collisions..) to "not so good"(venting flux, several new weapon sounds).

What did concern me at first, was that the new sound update equalled a big bomb thrown at the mod community, cause up until now we have been going for the "gamey" aspect of sfx(i.e. ignored the "space"), now when some sounds are effectively muted to a point I dont know(as a player) whats going on and dont have a audio response..(not a fan of that..) and as a wanna be modder I feel most my sfx will be "stepping out of the line", for not being "muted" by space(but then again some sfx, like the plasma seem not to be affected by this).

I see a great future challenge in balancing fun&realism.  :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 02:21:07 PM by MrDavidoff »