Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 13358 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 09:56:28 AM »

@Sprog Ship insurance? An rather smart idea, i would say.

Essentially grants you a permit (much like today's car insurance, which is required for you to be able to drive the car) that allows you to fly your ship, AND replaces some of the expenses if you loose it. Also, i think, grants you a clone.
The X series has that, doesn't it?

Aye, it does. Salvage insurance, enabled you to save in space instead of stations only.

FloW

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 02:04:44 PM »

Essentially grants you a permit (much like today's car insurance, which is required for you to be able to drive the car) that allows you to fly your ship, AND replaces some of the expenses if you loose it. Also, i think, grants you a clone.

Aye, it does. Salvage insurance, enabled you to save in space instead of stations only.
But it does nothing of the stuff above. If you die, none of the salvage insurances will save you.
The insurance in EVE does that stuff though, except for the clone part.
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later.''
- Ford Prefect, creator of the giraffe; a very long time ago

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 02:14:29 PM »

But it does nothing of the stuff above. If you die, none of the salvage insurances will save you.
The insurance in EVE does that stuff though, except for the clone part.

Well, no, it doesn't, but it makes it more convenient to save, and with less gaps in the checkpointed saves. Also allows you to pick your save up before a battle, should you remember to save.
Pages: 1 2 [3]