Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 924013 times)

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.641
« Reply #1950 on: September 24, 2014, 02:40:35 AM »

I noted that some fleets could spawn very, very big in Exerelin, especially P9 fleets.

Spoiler
[close]

This pic is only the tip of the iceberg, the list went on and on, i was lagging hard when my mouse hovered their fleet. I counted more than a thousand P9 cruisers in this one.

A thousand.

I think you should take a look Zaphide.

Yikes... I don't suppose you would believe 'working as intended'  :D

Thanks for the report :)

The routine that builds fleets basically just adds ships until a certain logistics limit is hit, then adds freighters if the max supply capacity is still low. I suspect it's gone rogue somewhere in there for P9, as I haven't noticed it with any other factions. Neutrino's can have a lot of their little frigate freighters, but not 1000+ :-[

I think it might have something to do with my P9 faction having low logistics rating while also having a really terrible cargo/fuel capacity. I have never encountered this problem myself though, but if there is a way to fix this from my end I would like to know what I should do.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: September 24, 2014, 03:29:40 AM »

I noted that some fleets could spawn very, very big in Exerelin, especially P9 fleets.

Spoiler
[close]

This pic is only the tip of the iceberg, the list went on and on, i was lagging hard when my mouse hovered their fleet. I counted more than a thousand P9 cruisers in this one.

A thousand.

I think you should take a look Zaphide.

Yikes... I don't suppose you would believe 'working as intended'  :D

Thanks for the report :)

The routine that builds fleets basically just adds ships until a certain logistics limit is hit, then adds freighters if the max supply capacity is still low. I suspect it's gone rogue somewhere in there for P9, as I haven't noticed it with any other factions. Neutrino's can have a lot of their little frigate freighters, but not 1000+ :-[

I think it might have something to do with my P9 faction having low logistics rating while also having a really terrible cargo/fuel capacity. I have never encountered this problem myself though, but if there is a way to fix this from my end I would like to know what I should do.

Haha it's all good :)

Helmut and I chatted back and forth about it a bit; it worked out he had a old/different version of your mod where some of the logistics values were really different (lower) from your latest (as of 0.3.7) version. Once Helmut re-downloaded it was all good :)

Backstabz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: September 24, 2014, 04:59:54 PM »

Is there a way to stop my saves from becoming unloadable? My saves go from 100MB (Which I can load almost instantly) to almost 1 Gig (Becomes unloadable) is less than 2 hours of playing. I hate having to restart my game, over, and over, and over. I know that it is the settings that I chose, since I want to have a large amount of sectors and planets. But, why give options that make the save file unloadable? Yes, I have X64 java, and I am giving the game 4 gigs of memory to work with, so I have no idea why it won't let me load the games I've saved. If anyone has suggestions, please tell me.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: September 24, 2014, 05:21:50 PM »

Is there a way to stop my saves from becoming unloadable? My saves go from 100MB (Which I can load almost instantly) to almost 1 Gig (Becomes unloadable) is less than 2 hours of playing. I hate having to restart my game, over, and over, and over. I know that it is the settings that I chose, since I want to have a large amount of sectors and planets. But, why give options that make the save file unloadable? Yes, I have X64 java, and I am giving the game 4 gigs of memory to work with, so I have no idea why it won't let me load the games I've saved. If anyone has suggestions, please tell me.

The main cause of save file size (which translates pretty well into memory required to load/run said save) is the number of fleets in the game. As the number of fleets in this mod is directly tied to the number of stations, reducing the number of stations will dramatically reduce the memory requirements of the game.

I think I remember reading something about save file and memory optimization for the next StarSector patch, so improvements are on the way :)

The options are like that so that you have maximum control over the sector that is created; you may wish to play with fewer but denser populated systems, or with more less populates systems, and it completely depends on your hardware as to what configuration your PC can handle.

Also, bear in mind that you can only give as much memory as you have spare. Specifying 4GB will not necessarily give 4GB to Java unless you actually have 4GB of memory spare (i.e you probably have 6-8GB memory total).

As a guide of sorts, I have a (terrible and anemic) laptop with 4GB total, with Java set to max 2GB. I tend to play with few stations (5/10/15) in a fairly small sector (2/4/6 systems).

Another possible option is to enable save compression in the StarSector options file (exerelin/data/config/setting.json, change compressSaveGameData to true) but although this reduces the save file size and load times, it may result in a corrupt and unrecoverable save file (other than the backup) when the memory limits are hit.

Backstabz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: September 24, 2014, 06:20:55 PM »

The main cause of save file size (which translates pretty well into memory required to load/run said save) is the number of fleets in the game. As the number of fleets in this mod is directly tied to the number of stations, reducing the number of stations will dramatically reduce the memory requirements of the game.

I think I remember reading something about save file and memory optimization for the next StarSector patch, so improvements are on the way :)

The options are like that so that you have maximum control over the sector that is created; you may wish to play with fewer but denser populated systems, or with more less populates systems, and it completely depends on your hardware as to what configuration your PC can handle.

Also, bear in mind that you can only give as much memory as you have spare. Specifying 4GB will not necessarily give 4GB to Java unless you actually have 4GB of memory spare (i.e you probably have 6-8GB memory total).

As a guide of sorts, I have a (terrible and anemic) laptop with 4GB total, with Java set to max 2GB. I tend to play with few stations (5/10/15) in a fairly small sector (2/4/6 systems).

Another possible option is to enable save compression in the StarSector options file (exerelin/data/config/setting.json, change compressSaveGameData to true) but although this reduces the save file size and load times, it may result in a corrupt and unrecoverable save file (other than the backup) when the memory limits are hit.

Thank you for the tips! I'll try the save compression, because I would rather have a chance to corrupt it, rather than not being able to play it at all. Thanks again, and I hope you have a good day/night!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 06:29:03 PM by Backstabz »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.642
« Reply #1955 on: September 25, 2014, 02:37:02 PM »

Small update time!

Exerelin v0.642
Link: https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/downloads/Exerelin_0.642.zip

Save-compatible with v0.64 and v0.641. Note that compatibility support for a few factions has changed, and those factions mods may not be save-compatible.

Primarily just a bug fix and minor feature release.

Changes
Code
v0.642
- Added faction nice names for initial faction selection

- Changed the effect of using High Value Prisoner and Agent
  - Prisoner exchange now has a more substantial effect if relationship between factions is terrible
  - Agent now has a greater effect if relationship between two factions is great
    - Can easily break alliances
- Access to large weapons is now restricted to 70+ influence with faction (thanks LazyWizard)
- Increased resource cost of extra large AI-controlled fleets
  - Should result in less extra large AI fleets when resources are abundant

- Updated compatibility for SHI latest DEV
- Updated compatibility for ICE
- Updated compatibility for P9

- Fixed joining a faction now sets all stations to balanced stance

EDIT: Added link :P

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: September 26, 2014, 02:05:45 PM »

someone updated the lotus Conglo Pirates...can they be added to the list?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 02:13:27 PM by Lopunny Zen »

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: September 26, 2014, 02:18:20 PM »

Hi :)

First, i#m new, but awesome game :D

got an error, all i know, or i remember, it had to do with a missle...
i don't now, which mod exactly added this missle...
Code
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.findStack(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addItems(Unknown Source)
at exerelin.commandQueue.CommandAddCargo.executeCommand(CommandAddCargo.java:24)
at exerelin.commandQueue.CommandQueue.advance(CommandQueue.java:37)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

help would be gratefull, i have still ton's of error from this game...

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: September 26, 2014, 02:58:35 PM »

I'll have a look at it for the next release :)

Code
at exerelin.commandQueue.CommandAddCargo.executeCommand(CommandAddCargo.java:24)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)

Damn I thought I had scrubbed all these :( Although, a few probably got added with the last release...

Hmmm, were you visiting a station when this happened?

Any chance you could PM me your save?

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: September 26, 2014, 03:32:03 PM »

Code

Damn I thought I had scrubbed all these :( Although, a few probably got added with the last release...

1) I don't now... I'm not really up-to-date, but this have reasons... ( Unfortunatly, have a loadingtime to the main menu from 3h to 6h... dont know why, but i have searched the forums a few days ago, but nothing help...)
2) First time this happens, it was after a battle..  and I'm not rly sure it is the missle.. i think so, because the errors look the same as i remember, but i can be wrong..
3) When i know, how to send files in a PM, i can

and i have another question.

I have edited the vmparams-file; Java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m ; can i add higher numbers? Have replace the jre folder in the starsectorfolder
My PC:
Intelcore I7 3770 3.4GHz
8GB RAM
Win7 Home Prem 64bit
GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB (I Believe it is 1gb ^^ )

So, when i add higher number ( -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m) i won't start anymore...

Backstabz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: September 26, 2014, 04:37:14 PM »

I'm having another save problem, even though it's using 7 gigs of my ram, it still can't load my saves. Even with the save compressor, at 14 MB, it will not load the game..... I'm starting to give up on this game, because I keep having to restart my fleet after spending hours apon hours of playing, because I can no longer load them. Can someone give me a tl;dr on why this game can't load a game after it hits a certain amount of space used? I mean, even if it is a 1 gb save file, it would eventually load the game, wouldn't it? But, it just freezes at the 3/4 point, and doesn't even attempt to go further than that. Thanks in advance.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: September 26, 2014, 05:26:05 PM »

Code

1) I don't now... I'm not really up-to-date, but this have reasons... ( Unfortunatly, have a loadingtime to the main menu from 3h to 6h... dont know why, but i have searched the forums a few days ago, but nothing help...)
2) First time this happens, it was after a battle..  and I'm not rly sure it is the missle.. i think so, because the errors look the same as i remember, but i can be wrong..
3) When i know, how to send files in a PM, i can

and i have another question.

I have edited the vmparams-file; Java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m ; can i add higher numbers? Have replace the jre folder in the starsectorfolder
My PC:
Intelcore I7 3770 3.4GHz
8GB RAM
Win7 Home Prem 64bit
GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB (I Believe it is 1gb ^^ )

So, when i add higher number ( -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m) i won't start anymore...

That's OK, the save is just so I can confirm I have fixed the issue :)

Anyway, I had a look through the mod code and there are a couple of places where this issue could be caused. I will fix them and put out another update. Thank you for the report :)

If the game does not start after changing vmparams memory numbers, it is likely because it is still attempting to run the 32bit version of java (or you have broken the vmparams file somehow). You will want to make sure that you are using the 64bit version of Java (assuming your OS supports it). See Nanao-kun's post a few back for instructions. Also, you can check the StarSector.log file to see what version of java is running:
Code
 4    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.7.0_45 (64-bit)

I'm having another save problem, even though it's using 7 gigs of my ram, it still can't load my saves. Even with the save compressor, at 14 MB, it will not load the game..... I'm starting to give up on this game, because I keep having to restart my fleet after spending hours apon hours of playing, because I can no longer load them. Can someone give me a tl;dr on why this game can't load a game after it hits a certain amount of space used? I mean, even if it is a 1 gb save file, it would eventually load the game, wouldn't it? But, it just freezes at the 3/4 point, and doesn't even attempt to go further than that. Thanks in advance.

Any chance you could send me the compressed save so I can check it out?

tl;dr; is probably "game is in development, mod is in development and does things not yet fully supported by in-development game" :) Every StarSector update further improves and optimizes the game.

Having said that, probably quite few pages back in this thread now, someone played a long game of Exerelin with all settings maxed. I can't remember where the max-used RAM came to, but I didn't think it was much if any higher than 7GB.

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: September 27, 2014, 03:37:45 AM »

Anyway, I had a look through the mod code and there are a couple of places where this issue could be caused. I will fix them and put out another update. Thank you for the report Smiley

If the game does not start after changing vmparams memory numbers, it is likely because it is still attempting to run the 32bit version of java (or you have broken the vmparams file somehow). You will want to make sure that you are using the 64bit version of Java (assuming your OS supports it). See Nanao-kun's post a few back for instructions. Also, you can check the StarSector.log file to see what version of java is running:
Code:
Code
4    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.7.0_45 (64-bit)

Ok, i have check them.
Code
2    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.7.0_65 (32-bit)
Ok, i'll change them. Thanks for your help. I've both versions of java installed; 32bit / 64bit.

Hm, after replacement the new jre folder and starting the game and closed it instantly, it is still the same, but it work now with 4Gb+
Code
2    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.7.0_65 (32-bit)

Edit: Have see Nanao-kun's post, i had it already made
Have replace the jre folder in the starsectorfolder
Edit2: Have now downloaded the newest version of Exerelin, looking now for it, hope, it don't crash anymore..
Edit3: I think, i've the wrong folder of Java jre replace.... have now removed the 32bit version java, and replaced the jre in starsector with the 64bit version, finally, it works. thanks to you and Nanao. Can now play with 6gb und 350 fps. :D
E^4: I have take a look into your modfolder, i've found some interesting details for me.. ^^ i have see, you have add a new skilltree? i have not seen ingame.. maybe i'll see it with the new version of exerelin
E^5: Oh, before i forget this, i have now updated to the newest exerilin version, have instantly via the command mod give me all weapons, all ships and all wings to me. It's not crushing. :) Maybe it was, i don#t had the newest version of the mod, and this happing the error appears...
E^6: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand gained another error, but not an error, crashed easylie to desktop, in the log is a new entry
Code
java.lang.NullPointerException
at exerelin.plugins.WelcomeDialogPlugin.showText(WelcomeDialogPlugin.java:77)
at exerelin.plugins.WelcomeDialogPlugin.init(WelcomeDialogPlugin.java:40)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0OO.interface.Öõo000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0OO.interface.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0OO.interface.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.showInteractionDialog(Unknown Source)
at exerelin.SectorManager.doEveryFrameChecks(SectorManager.java:360)
at exerelin.TimeManager.advance(TimeManager.java:179)

I have so much fun with all these errors... :D

E^7: and again before i forget it; i don't have your skill-tree ingame, only the vanilla one; Millitary, Leadership & Technology, but not your diplomatic-skill-tree... or maybe it is not at this time not released and only the basic are in data's. Or i've something wrong..
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 04:51:03 PM by AMDAMK »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: September 27, 2014, 06:01:04 PM »

@AMDAMK

Yeah the extra skill tree I removed. It is mostly replaced by the influence mechanic :)

Glad you got 64bit Java going; the game is much more stable, even with using mods other than Exerelin.

Not sure why you would get this error:
Code
java.lang.NullPointerException
at exerelin.plugins.WelcomeDialogPlugin.showText(WelcomeDialogPlugin.java:77)

Did you fully delete the old Exerelin version before adding the new one in?

Also, are you starting in a faction, or unaligned?

Lord Sputnik

• Commander
  • "One Of Ours, Sir!" = Best ship name ever...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: September 27, 2014, 09:03:47 PM »

I'm not sure if anyone else has ran into this, but I tried using the Store Ships function in a Station and now when I click on Retrieve Ships it won't let me remove them...  Anyone else have this problem?
ZeroGman

Self-proclaimed lord of Eos, lord of Magec, and lord of the dance.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 141