Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 923661 times)

Nimblewright

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.632
« Reply #1830 on: May 13, 2014, 08:20:16 PM »

I've downloaded the most current versions of Blackrock and Exerelin along with a few other faction mods. I can load all the mods except for exerelin and it boots up just fine, however if I try to load exerelin up I get this error

Fatal: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [brdy_locust_wing] not found!

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong has anyone else had this occur while trying to run both blackrock and exerelin?

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: May 13, 2014, 10:53:10 PM »

Did you download the dev version of Exerelin? 0.632 is very outdated.

Ravencroft

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: May 20, 2014, 05:41:32 AM »

Sadly can't get Citadel to work as a playable faction. It's installed correctly and there are no crashes but the faction doesn't appear as a choice.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: May 20, 2014, 07:06:04 AM »

1. Do you have the updated version of both mods? Exerelin has a dev version with faction support for more recent mods. Additionally, Citadel comes with two files the user needs to replace in Exerelin, the citadeldefenders.faction (exerelin_0.632/data/world/factions) and the citadeldefenders.json (exerelin_0.632/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig).

2. In your exerelin_config.json, is "citadeldefenders" one of the factions listed in the  "builtInFactions" section at the botton?

Ravencroft

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: May 20, 2014, 08:21:59 AM »

I am using the dev build and have tried doing what you have suggested. Sadly I just get a crash.

This is the error I get.
Code
5034 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading citadeldefenders faction
5042 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.FleetCreationSpec.o00000(Unknown Source)

In exerelin_config.json "citadeldefenders" is NOT in builtinfactions but it IS in supportedmodfactions

PS, I greatly appreciate the help. Thank you.
PPS, updated this post with additional info in hope it will help.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:26:41 AM by Ravencroft »

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: May 20, 2014, 01:01:54 PM »

I've been trying to play this ever awesome mod, however, as I believe someone said a few posts ago, when they ran the game without excerlin, everything worked, but plus excerlin, everything fails. I get a null error when I atempt to play with exerlin on. So yeah, that sucks a bunch. Any possible solutions?

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: May 20, 2014, 03:29:07 PM »

Could you post sone of the last lines of code detaling the null error please?

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: May 20, 2014, 04:53:16 PM »

i cant seem to access the menus for this latest version

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: May 20, 2014, 11:31:22 PM »

Sadly can't get Citadel to work as a playable faction. It's installed correctly and there are no crashes but the faction doesn't appear as a choice.

Hi Ravencroft,

As Foxer360 says, make sure you grab the latest version of the Citadel mod, and then grab the DEV version of Exerelin (link in the OP of this thread). Everything should just work without you needing to change anything. The latest Exerelin DEV made a lot of changes to faction integration, and I have updated it to support the latest Citadel release (unless Foxer has released something recently :P )

If that still doesn't work, then if you could post the full error message that would be mighty helpful :)

EDIT: Actually, it looks like Foxer has released another Citadel version. I'll check it out and make sure it works with Exerelin.

i cant seem to access the menus for this latest version

Hi Lopunny,

It's probably due to another mod overriding the CharacterCreationPlugin. Could you please list what mods you are running with? Cheers!

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: May 20, 2014, 11:35:25 PM »

(Hate to double post but hey... :P)

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of free time at the moment (for either modding or play) and so updates to Exerelin will probably be slow or non-existent for the near future :(

I have a few faction addition requests and some updates to existing supported factions which I will try and get to this week.

So, my apologies to those who are waiting on things to be added or if I am slow to respond on the forum!

Ravencroft

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: May 21, 2014, 12:00:56 AM »

This is what I am running as stated in the launcher:
Exerelin 0.64 - Dev Version
Citadel 0.6b - Latest

When running these I don't get a crash but the Citadel faction is not selectable as playable.

In the Citadel zip there are additional files for the older version of Exerelin I believe. If I put them where they state I then get that crash. I can post the log if you wish but it seems redundant as it only comes up when using the incompatible versions.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: May 21, 2014, 12:15:05 AM »

Wait, Citadel 0.6.3b?

Also, you mentioned that citadel is not one of the built in mods listed. Would that change anything if you added it to the built in list?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: May 21, 2014, 12:25:54 AM »

Citadel 0.6b - Latest

When running these I don't get a crash but the Citadel faction is not selectable as playable.

In the Citadel zip there are additional files for the older version of Exerelin I believe. If I put them where they state I then get that crash. I can post the log if you wish but it seems redundant as it only comes up when using the incompatible versions.

Yeah don't put those files in or it will crash :)

I think I probably just need to update Exerelin for the latest Citadel, Foxer must have changed something or other :P

Wait, Citadel 0.6.3b?

Also, you mentioned that citadel is not one of the built in mods listed. Would that change anything if you added it to the built in list?

Built-in is just for Vanilla factions i.e Hegemony (and it's only there in case you want to play Exerelin without them). The supported mod factions is where Citadel should be (and I think it is). As above, I suspect the problem is that the Citadel mod-specific class that Exerelin is using to check that Citadel is actually there may have changed between releases (or I set it up wrong initially, always a possibility). I will check it out as soon as I can :)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: May 21, 2014, 02:13:30 PM »

Citadel 0.6b - Latest

Ravencroft, give the latest (as of last night) Exerelin DEV a go, it should fix the issue with the Citadel faction not showing up :) You shouldn't need to replace any additional files either.

Ravencroft

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: May 22, 2014, 12:07:12 AM »

Deleted Citadel and Exerelin, downloaded lastest versions of both (Exerelin Dev) listed in the first post. Disabled all other mods and only running Exerelin, Citadel, ShaderLib and Lazylib.

Faction still doesn't show up.

I went to your bitbucket and downloaded the latest Master as the dev link in your first post is not the latest link.

Here is the Master I downloaded https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/get/master.zip

This build now has Citadel working in it. So using this the problem is solved.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:32:13 AM by Ravencroft »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 141