Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 924041 times)

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.623
« Reply #1545 on: December 22, 2013, 02:14:18 PM »

Been playing the mod for awhile now and recently redownloaded the new version but I seem to be only able to start as the vanilla factions. I know there are ways to include and exclude other factions but in the older version there were at least 6-8 other factions already included. Have they been taken out of the newest version due to balance issues or did I do something wrong?
You have to download the other factions separately.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 22, 2013, 08:24:34 PM »

Been playing the mod for awhile now and recently redownloaded the new version but I seem to be only able to start as the vanilla factions. I know there are ways to include and exclude other factions but in the older version there were at least 6-8 other factions already included. Have they been taken out of the newest version due to balance issues or did I do something wrong?

Yeah as joey4track says; Download the faction mod separately and then select Exerelin, LazyLib and any other faction mods you wish to play with :)

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 23, 2013, 09:21:45 PM »

Is it possible to actively take over another factions station in this mod? I heard something about having to get an Atlas and pack it up with supplies then add it to your fleet, then hover over the station and it should take it over?

Or am I crazy and that is just not possible at all?

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 24, 2013, 12:04:31 AM »

You need a valid superhauler such as the atlas in addition to a valid troop transport such as the valkyrie, and usually a big load of marines. You attack by floating your fleet above the station; it will take one attacking marine per defending marine and if you run out of marines you might lose your hauler and troop transport. So, if the defending station is packed with 1000 marines but your fleet can only hold 700 marines it will take at least two loads of marines to capture the station, provided that it does not get supplied in between your capture attempts.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 24, 2013, 03:07:29 AM »

Haven't visited these forums in a while. How's this mod getting on? Stopped playing shortly after 0.6, the bloated saves after loading a reasonably sized modiverse like Exerelin made my little craptop heave at the prospect.

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: December 24, 2013, 09:05:36 AM »

You need a valid superhauler such as the atlas in addition to a valid troop transport such as the valkyrie, and usually a big load of marines. You attack by floating your fleet above the station; it will take one attacking marine per defending marine and if you run out of marines you might lose your hauler and troop transport. So, if the defending station is packed with 1000 marines but your fleet can only hold 700 marines it will take at least two loads of marines to capture the station, provided that it does not get supplied in between your capture attempts.
Wow. Dang.. That seems like a lot has to go right for that to happen. Wish it was easier.. Well I have the credits to try it out, might as well give it a shot thanks.

CottonEye

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 28, 2013, 08:30:22 AM »

It dosnt load my saves and it is not the out of memory error it says:

Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException:  : ParseError at [row,col]:[469194,36]
Message: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxReader.pullNextEvent(StaxReader.java:73)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readRealEvent(AbstractPullReader.java:148)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readEvent(AbstractPullReader.java:135)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.hasMoreChildren(AbstractPullReader.java:87)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.ReaderWrapper.hasMoreChildren(ReaderWrapper.java:32)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUn marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:281)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   ... 84 more
Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[469194,36]
Message: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.next(XMLStreamReaderImpl.java:593)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxReader.pullNextEvent(StaxReader.java:58)
   ... 91 more

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 28, 2013, 10:19:03 AM »

It looks like something is wrong with your save file. Did you edit it? If so you might want to restore to a backup.

Edit: Also, was the save you're trying to load generated with Exerelin to begin with? I don't think you can load a vanilla save with Exerelin running.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:18:36 AM by Sundog »

CottonEye

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 28, 2013, 11:21:20 AM »

it was generated with exerelin and i didnt edit it and this happens to all saves that i try to load

Abyz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 28, 2013, 05:57:46 PM »

I've started 4 different games with Exerelin, and all my save games eventually get corrupted.... Makes me so sad too... This mod is so boss! Any tips?

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 28, 2013, 06:01:24 PM »

I've started 4 different games with Exerelin, and all my save games eventually get corrupted.... Makes me so sad too... This mod is so boss! Any tips?

Less systems and factions is all I can recommend, unfortunately. At least, that works for me.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 28, 2013, 06:02:17 PM »

plenty :) but try read "Mod Requirements" at the front page :)
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 28, 2013, 06:46:18 PM »

Tokshens Valk series are not on the OP, probably a few others also missing. =(

Abyz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 29, 2013, 10:10:19 PM »

plenty :) but try read "Mod Requirements" at the front page :)

*rolls eyes*
Problem is, when I change the file to the higher memory numbers, Starsector won't even start up. Anyone have anything witty to say like this fella ^, or maybe something helpful? I'm using windows 8.

Crisscross

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 30, 2013, 12:33:05 AM »

Hi all, just wanted to ask about a small gameplay issue I've had with the mod. Is there something I need to do to make capital ships get sold in your faction's stations? I currently have a game as the Sindrian Diktat, and it's currently cycle 209 and there are still no Conquest battlecruisers being sold at any of my stations. NPC fleets are already fielding Conquests, but the most the stations sell are only Apogee-class cruisers.

Do I have to put points in the 'faction' skill tree to unlock capital ships being sold at the stations? Is there something else I need to do to unlock them, or is my game possibly just bugged?

Thanks a bunch.

EDIT: Nvm, found the config option earlier in the thread.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:30:45 AM by Crisscross »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 141