Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 924021 times)

LarvaLounge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.61
« Reply #1275 on: October 19, 2013, 03:57:34 AM »

So I made that change to let Capital Ships have a higher spawn chance in stations, it definitely worked.  Thanks for the help with that...

My faction had about 10 stations in 2 systems, went shopping and found plenty of Odysseys for sale.  Still couldn't find the Paragon I've been wanting.

I realized lately that I end up defending stations from endless swarms of Boarding Fleets 23/7 when I play.  I decided to stop and see what happens.  I camped out at one station, appropriately named 'Sanctuary', in an out-of-the-way system in the corner of the map.  I mined until there were 5 or 6 full rows of supplies in the station, determined to see my Paragon built.  Within an hour or so of quitting my job as lone defender of the TriTachyon Peoples, my Sanctuary station was all that was left of our small empire.

Now there are 5 Odysseys, 3 Astrals, and the usual other stuff for sale there.  I've still never seen a Paragon.  Are we sure they can even spawn in Exerelin?  Can someone confirm they have actually seen a Paragon in their Exerelin campaign? (the current version).

EDIT: And if you have seen a Paragon in your campaign, are you playing TriTachyon, or a different faction?

Also, out of curiosity, do fleets that spawn use the ships that are on sale at the station?  It seems like they do, at least the big ships like Odysseys.  I'd see a fleet spawn and then the Odyssey is gone.  Also seems like Rebel Dissenters were taking them....
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:12:58 AM by LarvaLounge »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 19, 2013, 04:24:30 AM »

Now there are 5 Odysseys, 3 Astrals, and the usual other stuff for sale there.  I've still never seen a Paragon.  Are we sure they can even spawn in Exerelin?  Can someone confirm they have actually seen a Paragon in their Exerelin campaign? (the current version).

Sorry you won't see a Paragon for sale; it is currently classed as an elite ship and elite ships are not for sale (but can still appear in the game from time to time). You can edit the tritachyon.faction file in data/world/factions and add the line under exerelinEliteFleet to exerelinGenericFleet to see a paragon be available in Tritachyon stations (and in TriTachyon fleets, including Tritachyon rebels).

Perhaps I should move this as now with CR it is not quite so much of an elite ship...

Also, out of curiosity, do fleets that spawn use the ships that are on sale at the station?  It seems like they do, at least the big ships like Odysseys.  I'd see a fleet spawn and then the Odyssey is gone.  Also seems like Rebel Dissenters were taking them....

No unfortunately they don't :) Fleets that spawn only use up supplies, fuel, crew and marines.

LarvaLounge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 19, 2013, 04:54:38 AM »

Sorry you won't see a Paragon for sale; it is currently classed as an elite ship and elite ships are not for sale (but can still appear in the game from time to time).

Well why didn't you say so!!  haha.... So is that rule particular to Exerelin, or it's the same in the Vanilla game? 
That means, if you play as TriTachyon, it will be impossible to get one, no?

Andy H.K.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 19, 2013, 06:16:26 AM »

Just out of curiosity but are there also "elite" weapons that are not for sale? I've been trying to source a piece of Guardian PD system for years but it never spawn. Which faction sell it?

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 19, 2013, 06:37:55 AM »

i geyt paragons all the time when im looking for the astral...and yes they sell guardian pd...i usually put it in omni factory

LarvaLounge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: October 19, 2013, 07:57:16 AM »

@Andy H.K.:

Yeah some weapons seem crazy rare for sure.

Guardian PD, I see those frequently.  TriTachyon sells them, I know that.  The thing I've never seen (at level 50, now) is the Tachyon Lance.  And I only ever saw one Plasma Cannon.  For some stupid reason I didn't put it in the Omni Factory.

@Lopunny:

You say you 'get' Paragons all the time... do you mean for sale at stations?  In Exerelin?  Zaphide just said they won't be for sale ever, in stations.  That is... unless you make that file change he mentioned.  Which I did... and got a Paragon within the hour.  

Thanks, Zaphide!

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 19, 2013, 08:37:44 AM »

Is there any way to increase the chance to have a boarding event after finishing a battle? I've very rarely managed to get a ship from a boarding action because they almost never occur, and when they do there is a problem.
My main issue is this ,and I hope I'm not the only one who has this little issue, every time I try to board a ship from destroyer to capital ship it either blows up my boarding parties (if i choose launch boarding parties) and manages to get away or it self destructs when selecting the Hard dock maneuver, destroying my boarding ship in the process. I've had 20 boarding missions against big ships and they always fail no matter what I do, doesn't matter if I send in crew or marines they either blow up or get away. Anyone else having problems like that?  :-[
Or am I missing something here, that maybe improves combat effectiveness or something?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:41:12 AM by DefiasOne »

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 19, 2013, 09:04:19 AM »

Why is thr game having this error...can someone help?

[attachment deleted by admin]

singlespace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 19, 2013, 10:37:11 AM »

Sorry you won't see a Paragon for sale; it is currently classed as an elite ship and elite ships are not for sale (but can still appear in the game from time to time). You can edit the tritachyon.faction file in data/world/factions and add the line under exerelinEliteFleet to exerelinGenericFleet to see a paragon be available in Tritachyon stations (and in TriTachyon fleets, including Tritachyon rebels).

Perhaps I should move this as now with CR it is not quite so much of an elite ship...
It would be nice if there was someway to obtain elite ships while part of that faction. Also, I noticed that the Nevermore Beta is not listed in the factions file at all for Blackrock, is this an oversight?

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: October 19, 2013, 10:56:16 AM »

someone help me with my issue....andyes it gets sold on stations for me...makes sense since the other teams big ships are for sale

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 19, 2013, 01:20:42 PM »

Sorry you won't see a Paragon for sale; it is currently classed as an elite ship and elite ships are not for sale (but can still appear in the game from time to time).

Well why didn't you say so!!  haha.... So is that rule particular to Exerelin, or it's the same in the Vanilla game? 
That means, if you play as TriTachyon, it will be impossible to get one, no?

Quite true, i will think about this :)

Just out of curiosity but are there also "elite" weapons that are not for sale? I've been trying to source a piece of Guardian PD system for years but it never spawn. Which faction sell it?

Weapons will only spawn that are used by that factions ships, so if they don't use them (or only their 'elite' ship(s) use them) they will not spawn at stations.

Is there any way to increase the chance to have a boarding event after finishing a battle? I've very rarely managed to get a ship from a boarding action because they almost never occur, and when they do there is a problem.
My main issue is this ,and I hope I'm not the only one who has this little issue, every time I try to board a ship from destroyer to capital ship it either blows up my boarding parties (if i choose launch boarding parties) and manages to get away or it self destructs when selecting the Hard dock maneuver, destroying my boarding ship in the process. I've had 20 boarding missions against big ships and they always fail no matter what I do, doesn't matter if I send in crew or marines they either blow up or get away. Anyone else having problems like that?  :-[
Or am I missing something here, that maybe improves combat effectiveness or something?

That's StarSector core code and I believe is being looked at for the next StarSector release. Depending on the outcome of that I may change a couple of things but I'll wait and see :)

Why is thr game having this error...can someone help?

The Java heap error? You probably need to increase the memory allocated to StarSector, and/or enable 64bit Java. See links the OP for details :)

It would be nice if there was someway to obtain elite ships while part of that faction. Also, I noticed that the Nevermore Beta is not listed in the factions file at all for Blackrock, is this an oversight?

Yeah a reward for <something> might be the go.

The Nevermore Beta is not available for purchase in Blackrock standalone I'm pretty sure, so I'll wait till Cycerin does something with it before including it here :) It may be that it ends up like the Stormcrow; unavailable for sale but will appear occasionally.

Molloy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 19, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »

I seem to be having trouble loading my saves after a sufficiently long time playing a single game. The loading bar will reach the end at which point there appears a prompt saying "Error loading saved game. It's possible that the save game is from an incompatible version, or was created with mods that are now disabled."

I check the Starsector log, and the part at which errors start occurring is this:
Spoiler
53930 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - 
: ParseError at [row,col]:[910680,475]
Message: Premature end of file. :  : ParseError at [row,col]:[910680,475]
---- Debugging information ----
message             :  : ParseError at [row,col]:[910680,475]
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException
cause-message       :  : ParseError at [row,col]:[910680,475]
class               : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignAsteroid
required-type       : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignAsteroid
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
path                : /CampaignEngine/respawnLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/CampaignFleet[12]/ai/assignments/FleetAssignmentData/target/orbit/focus/orbit/focus/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/CampaignFleet[5]/ai/assignments/FleetAssignmentData/target/orbit/focus/orbit/focus/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/CampaignFleet[12]/ai/assignments/FleetAssignmentData[5]/target/orbit/focus/orbit/focus/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/CampaignFleet[17]/ai/assignments/FleetAssignmentData/onCompletion/outer-class/stationTarget/systemStationManager/stationRecords/data.scripts.world.exerelin.StationRecord/stationToken/orbit/focus/orbit/focus/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/CampaignFleet[6]/ai/assignments/FleetAssignmentData[2]/target/orbit/focus/orbit/focus/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/CampaignFleet[17]/interactionTarget/destinations/com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.JumpPointAPI$JumpDestination/destination/orbit/starPoint/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry[3]/list/JumpPoint[85]/orbit/starSystem/objects/lists/entry[2]/list/CampaignAsteroid[400]
line number         : 910680
class[1]            : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[2]            : java.util.HashMap
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[3]            : com.fs.util.container.repo.ObjectRepository
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem
class[5]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem$UpdateFromHyperspaceLocation
class[6]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.JumpPoint
class[7]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace
class[8]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem$UpdateFromSystemLocationOrbit
class[9]            : com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.JumpPointAPI$JumpDestination
class[10]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet
class[11]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet
class[12]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbit
class[13]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignOrbitalStation
class[14]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI$FleetAssignmentData
class[15]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI
class[16]           : data.scripts.world.exerelin.StationRecord
class[17]           : [Ldata.scripts.world.exerelin.StationRecord;
converter-type[3]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.ArrayConverter
class[18]           : data.scripts.world.exerelin.SystemStationManager
class[19]           : data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint
class[20]           : data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint$1
class[21]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[4]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.void
version             : null
-------------------------------
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException:  : ParseError at [row,col]:[910680,475]
Message: Premature end of file. :  : ParseError at [row,col]:[910680,475]
---- Debugging information ----
message             :  : ParseError at [row,col]:[910680,475]
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException
cause-message       :  : ParseError at [row,col]:[910680,475]
class               : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignAsteroid
required-type       : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignAsteroid
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
path                : /CampaignEngine/respawnLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/CampaignFleet[12]/ai/assignments/FleetAssignmentData/target/orbit/focus/orbit/focus/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/CampaignFleet[5]/ai/assignments/FleetAssignmentData/target/orbit/focus/orbit/focus/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/CampaignFleet[12]/ai/assignments/FleetAssignmentData[5]/target/orbit/focus/orbit/focus/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/CampaignFleet[17]/ai/assignments/FleetAssignmentData/onCompletion/outer-class/stationTarget/systemStationManager/stationRecords/data.scripts.world.exerelin.StationRecord/stationToken/orbit/focus/orbit/focus/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/CampaignFleet[6]/ai/assignments/FleetAssignmentData[2]/target/orbit/focus/orbit/focus/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry/list/CampaignFleet[17]/interactionTarget/destinations/com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.JumpPointAPI$JumpDestination/destination/orbit/starPoint/containingLocation/objects/lists/entry[3]/list/JumpPoint[85]/orbit/starSystem/objects/lists/entry[2]/list/CampaignAsteroid[400]
line number         : 910680
class[1]            : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[2]            : java.util.HashMap
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[3]            : com.fs.util.container.repo.ObjectRepository
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem
class[5]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem$UpdateFromHyperspaceLocation
class[6]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.JumpPoint
class[7]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace
class[8]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem$UpdateFromSystemLocationOrbit
class[9]            : com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.JumpPointAPI$JumpDestination
class[10]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet
class[11]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet
class[12]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbit
class[13]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignOrbitalStation
class[14]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI$FleetAssignmentData
class[15]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI
class[16]           : data.scripts.world.exerelin.StationRecord
class[17]           : [Ldata.scripts.world.exerelin.StationRecord;
converter-type[3]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.ArrayConverter
class[18]           : data.scripts.world.exerelin.SystemStationManager
class[19]           : data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint
class[20]           : data.scripts.world.exerelin.InSystemStationAttackShipSpawnPoint$1
class[21]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[4]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.void
version             : null
-------------------------------
[close]

And then a great heap of xstream-related stuff. I would attach the log but it is literally too large and I cannot. I'm running the 64-bit jre and have allocated 4g of RAM in the batch file I use to run the game. Let me know if you need more information.

singlespace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 19, 2013, 08:55:42 PM »

Yeah a reward for <something> might be the go.
It could be pretty cool if it was a reward based off of some kind of performance in game. :)

Scrambles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 20, 2013, 10:22:44 AM »

Doing a bit of digging and noticed that the Hiigaran faction file doesn't contain their largest ship in any of the fleets - I'm not quite sure how the 'elite' mechanics work so I just stuck it into the generic fleet, but the variant 'hii_sajuukkhar_Standard' should be added somewhere :)

I notice that weapons are 'tiered' does this influence their rarity for purchase? Not seeing many tier 3 weapons around so I presume this is no coincidence :D

Magician

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 20, 2013, 10:38:23 AM »

How can I increase number of systems(more than default 30)/number of fleets spawned? Wanted to test few things with heavy load.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 141