Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 924018 times)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.61
« Reply #1245 on: October 17, 2013, 12:03:09 AM »

Once your alliance becomes big there is a greater chance of betrayal, so once your alliance is everyone... that chance is very big :)

If your alliance is looking kind of big it may be worth instigating a betrayal against one of the weaker members, and that should lower the chance of a random betrayal happening.

Thanks for the report, I'll look into tweaking it so it is really unlikely your alliance ends up with everyone in it  :)

Thx. Does buying stuff from their station affect the alliance??

Nope not at all, just coincidence I guess.

singlespace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 17, 2013, 12:44:07 AM »

Anyone else having a problem with save games? I'm using Blackrock and Neutrino but after some point I'm never able to load a savegame (i.e. it just fails with a corrupt save game message).

Blackout1943

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 17, 2013, 02:28:20 AM »

Anyone else having a problem with save games? I'm using Blackrock and Neutrino but after some point I'm never able to load a savegame (i.e. it just fails with a corrupt save game message).
yea dudde im having the exact same problems and it just sais that the mods is incompatible or somthing and to go check the starsector.logs to see what happend hope fully this is fixed

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 17, 2013, 03:35:15 AM »

yea dudde im having the exact same problems and it just sais that the mods is incompatible or somthing and to go check the starsector.logs to see what happend hope fully this is fixed

Could you please post the error from the log?

Also, have you tried upping the memory limits/using 64bit Java (details in the OP)?

LarvaLounge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 17, 2013, 04:02:18 AM »

Is it common that you dont get many atlases in the beginning? Barely got one but have a dozen troop transports. Kinda cramps my expansion plans.

They won't be that common. I would make use of the Omnifactory as soon as you see one available :)

It seems like if I feed a station tons of supplies, either from mining or killing the 100s of fleets that are attacking it, then the station will build bigger ships.  It might be a coincidence, but I see a lot of Atlases and even an Odyssey a couple times, in stations I am feeding supplies to.  My game is also very mature, I'm level 48.  So maybe that's the reason.

Which leads me to my next post... (cause I need to quote and older post)

LarvaLounge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 17, 2013, 04:12:01 AM »

I would prefer to do that rather than increase the appearance of capitals in stations.

You can't get the capitals of your own faction that way though.

I actually did take a quick look in the files but didn't find where this is governed, if you point me to the .java file that prevents capitals from appearing in stations It should be easy enough to modify this behavior for myself.

Sure, have a look at ExerelinUtils.java in the method addRandomFactionShipsToCargo.

You want to comment out the following:
Code
if(fmAPI.isCapital())
{
// Get another one to reduce chance of capitals
memberToGet = ExerelinUtils.getRandomInRange(0, fleet.getFleetData().getMembersListCopy().size() - 1);
fmAPI = (FleetMemberAPI)fleet.getFleetData().getMembersListCopy().get(memberToGet);
}

It's approx. line 527. That should increase the chance of capitals in stations :)

Is that something anyone can do?  I don't know java.  I guess I need a java editor... Any free one that people recommend?  Any tips for a lay person would be very welcome.

Will that noticeably increase my chances of ever getting a Paragon, or are they stupidly rare even without the nerf to stations selling capital ships?
I'm itching for a Paragon after messing with it in the fitting screen (there's a mission that has one you can try out) but my character is level 48 and I've never seen one, in a fleet or otherwise.  Meanwhile Hegemony is invading my home system and regularly has Onslaughts (sometimes 2 in one fleet).

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 17, 2013, 04:41:49 AM »

Is it common that you dont get many atlases in the beginning? Barely got one but have a dozen troop transports. Kinda cramps my expansion plans.

They won't be that common. I would make use of the Omnifactory as soon as you see one available :)

It seems like if I feed a station tons of supplies, either from mining or killing the 100s of fleets that are attacking it, then the station will build bigger ships.  It might be a coincidence, but I see a lot of Atlases and even an Odyssey a couple times, in stations I am feeding supplies to.  My game is also very mature, I'm level 48.  So maybe that's the reason.

Which leads me to my next post... (cause I need to quote and older post)

Yep when stations spawn fleets they will attempt to spawn the biggest fleet they can with the available fuel, supplies, crew and marines. If you 'feed' a station these things then it will more frequently produce larger fleets (to a point). Capital ships cost a lot for a faction to deploy so you are probably giving it just enough to reliably spawn capital ships more often.

I would prefer to do that rather than increase the appearance of capitals in stations.

You can't get the capitals of your own faction that way though.

I actually did take a quick look in the files but didn't find where this is governed, if you point me to the .java file that prevents capitals from appearing in stations It should be easy enough to modify this behavior for myself.

Sure, have a look at ExerelinUtils.java in the method addRandomFactionShipsToCargo.

You want to comment out the following:
Code
if(fmAPI.isCapital())
{
// Get another one to reduce chance of capitals
memberToGet = ExerelinUtils.getRandomInRange(0, fleet.getFleetData().getMembersListCopy().size() - 1);
fmAPI = (FleetMemberAPI)fleet.getFleetData().getMembersListCopy().get(memberToGet);
}

It's approx. line 527. That should increase the chance of capitals in stations :)

Is that something anyone can do?  I don't know java.  I guess I need a java editor... Any free one that people recommend?  Any tips for a lay person would be very welcome.

Will that noticeably increase my chances of ever getting a Paragon, or are they stupidly rare even without the nerf to stations selling capital ships?
I'm itching for a Paragon after messing with it in the fitting screen (there's a mission that has one you can try out) but my character is level 48 and I've never seen one, in a fleet or otherwise.  Meanwhile Hegemony is invading my home system and regularly has Onslaughts (sometimes 2 in one fleet).

Yes anyone can do it :) you just need Notepad :) although I would recommend Notepad++

You can either comment out each line (put a // at the start of each line) or just delete them. I have it set as a config option in the next version so it will be a bit easier to change.

It will increase the chance of capital ships, but still not guaranteed.

LarvaLounge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 17, 2013, 05:09:41 AM »

Yes anyone can do it :) you just need Notepad :) although I would recommend Notepad++

Oh haha, I was trying to open the ExerelinUtilities JAR because I guess I can't read.  (And it was much easier to find)

You rock, dude.  Thanks.

singlespace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 17, 2013, 09:28:45 AM »

Also, have you tried upping the memory limits/using 64bit Java (details in the OP)?
I can't actually, I think that logging is broken under OSX either because the default paths don't work or the actual logging is broken. I'm using 64bit Java with increased limits.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 17, 2013, 02:44:58 PM »

I can't actually, I think that logging is broken under OSX either because the default paths don't work or the actual logging is broken. I'm using 64bit Java with increased limits.

Yeah it is but if you 'View Contents...' on the StarSector app and then run JavaApplicationStub (I think, going from memory here, it is in one of the folders) it will display a terminal window in which the log will get written to while the application is going.

Also, are you playing with any other mods than Exerelin+LazyLib? If so, can you please post them? In fact, maybe PM me your save file if possible :)

Blackout1943

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 17, 2013, 10:06:31 PM »

hey I'm not exactly sure what I'm meant to be looking for.
if u want i can send u an email of the entire log though.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: October 17, 2013, 10:09:04 PM »

hey I'm not exactly sure what I'm meant to be looking for.
if u want i can send u an email of the entire log though.

Generally just the last part but yeah PM me the log, that's fine too :)

singlespace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 18, 2013, 03:59:54 AM »

Also, are you playing with any other mods than Exerelin+LazyLib? If so, can you please post them? In fact, maybe PM me your save file if possible :)
Did you get my PM?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 18, 2013, 04:26:10 AM »

Did you get my PM?

Hmm what did you actually send me? A zip of the save folder? If so, can you please re-upload? It's only 200k and is a never-ending zip file (it extracts another archive, which extracts another archive and so on).

If your save file is only 200k then I suspect it is quite corrupted...

singlespace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 18, 2013, 06:31:52 AM »

The ZIP I sent you was just of the save folder which already contained campaign.zip (i.e. I didn't create it). I assume it is corrupt, but when it saved there was no error at all.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 141