Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 924078 times)

Sidie Hawkton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.6
« Reply #870 on: September 25, 2013, 05:23:29 PM »

Yes.  It seems ok without other mods installed...  and with just neutrino & exerelin installed.  I'd rather not do process elimination for someone's "compatible" mod when that seems to be the trouble...

Turdicus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 25, 2013, 05:44:59 PM »

Played for about 2 hours straight I think, loved every minute, and then started to get some pretty bad stuttering every few seconds, bringing my idle indicator to like 12% each time. Figures though, I was playing with like 7 different factions, 8 systems, lots of planets and systems. Saving took a long time too but I understand that's normal.

I have a pretty darn good computer so I went ahead and modified my starsector.bat to use 64bit Java then allocated 4GB of memory to the game min and max (I have 8 gigs of RAM so I should be ok). My next game will be less than 8 systems so it is my hope that it will take a lot longer for the game to start stuttering.

Fantastic mod here, and all of the new factions are wonderful, made this great game very interesting for me. Keep it up!

Aenslaed

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 25, 2013, 05:53:33 PM »

How are logistics numbers calculated with this mod?  I am not sure why 10+10+10= 74 with an empty inventory + skeleton crew.

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 25, 2013, 06:06:29 PM »

This may sound like a minor thing but it would be nice to be able to choose 6 systems. There is a pretty big difference between 4 and 8 I think.

Sidie Hawkton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 25, 2013, 06:15:52 PM »

Logistics may be due to too few crew...  Big issue with the Neutrino's, while being a strength too.

Zaphide: After testing a bit, I've narrowed it to Kadur's current release and instructions being the culprit.  Not sure exactly what/how, but I'm not having it with only that one turned off.

lowpolygon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 25, 2013, 06:22:34 PM »

I am new to this mod,so I am not sure if I am doing this wrong.
first, I fly over to a empty station and capture it..
then what do I do ?
I mean I have very few resources, and there is no other faction in sight.
I would sit there for a while and watch some fleet spawn from the station I capped...
But I still dunno what to do after capturing the station
Anyone could shed a light ?

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 25, 2013, 06:42:08 PM »

Yo zaphide, I just started play'n the new version and I seem to be see'n a couple bugs. First of all, factions seem to be creating and sending out crusade fleets against other factions that are neutral to me. They don't go after the other factions fleets, just start flying around the station as if there was a war. This is not long after the start of the game, and as far as I'm aware no actual wars have broken out yet.

Another thing I've noticed, and this might not actually be a bug, but after leaving and then returning to my starting system, in which both my pirate faction and the junkpirates have a station, rebel junkpirate fleets were attacking the omnifactory as if it was a station.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 25, 2013, 06:50:10 PM »

--- snip ---
then started to get some pretty bad stuttering every few seconds, bringing my idle indicator to like 12% each time. Figures though, I was playing with like 7 different factions, 8 systems, lots of planets and systems. Saving took a long time too but I understand that's normal.
--- snip ---

re. stuttering
Actually I noticed this testing the latest changes. I wasn't sure whether it was something I had done since posting the download so thanks for reporting that. I'll look into it. I think my threading solution was a bit premature in more ways than one (it seemed good though!).

Saving/loading will take a while unfortunately. The multi-systems adds a lot to the savefile, and Exerelin itself adds quite a bit too.

How are logistics numbers calculated with this mod?  I am not sure why 10+10+10= 74 with an empty inventory + skeleton crew.

What faction/fleet composition did you have? I think I might know a cause of this (something I forgot to update for 0.6)

This may sound like a minor thing but it would be nice to be able to choose 6 systems. There is a pretty big difference between 4 and 8 I think.

Yep I will add it :) Also a two system option as well.

--- snip ---
Zaphide: After testing a bit, I've narrowed it to Kadur's current release and instructions being the culprit.  Not sure exactly what/how, but I'm not having it with only that one turned off.

Thanks, appreciate the testing effort. (I think I still have the older version of that mod), I'll check it out against the latest version.

I am new to this mod,so I am not sure if I am doing this wrong.
first, I fly over to a empty station and capture it..
then what do I do ?
I mean I have very few resources, and there is no other faction in sight.
I would sit there for a while and watch some fleet spawn from the station I capped...
But I still dunno what to do after capturing the station
Anyone could shed a light ?

No you're not doing it wrong. The early game can be a bit slow (kind of think of it as the scout/mine phase, although mining is kind of broken atm). I probably need to start each system off with a few small Rebel fleets to give some combat option at the start. Otherwise, you could go kick off a war with another faction :)

Yo zaphide, I just started play'n the new version and I seem to be see'n a couple bugs. First of all, factions seem to be creating and sending out crusade fleets against other factions that are neutral to me. They don't go after the other factions fleets, just start flying around the station as if there was a war. This is not long after the start of the game, and as far as I'm aware no actual wars have broken out yet.

Another thing I've noticed, and this might not actually be a bug, but after leaving and then returning to my starting system, in which both my pirate faction and the junkpirates have a station, rebel junkpirate fleets were attacking the omnifactory as if it was a station.

Thanks sirboomalot, yep both bugs :( I will fix for next version. The 'crusaders going after neutral' is caused by both you and another faction attempting to takeover a abandoned station at the same time. It should clear itself up after the game gets going, and yeah the Rebel target code needs to exclude things like the OmniFactory :P

Actually this is part of a change I didn't really note down anywhere:
The Rebel faction is now always hostile to everyone. The ships that it's fleets are using are based on which faction is most numerous in that system; so in your example, JunkPirate must have been leading their pirate brethren in that system, and so the Rebel fleets look like JunkPirates. As factions gain/lose control over systems, the Rebel faction fleets in those systems will change accordingly. The idea being to give you a chance to fight your own factions ships :)

ssthehunter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 25, 2013, 07:29:04 PM »

Hey Zaphide, just noticed a horrible glitch (or something)

So I had all elite crew and marines.
Then I went and captured a station.
When I went back and checked my inventory, all of my elite crew was replaced with recruit (well, the crappiest) crew.
Just thought you would like to know.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 25, 2013, 08:24:19 PM »

Hey Zaphide, just noticed a horrible glitch (or something)

So I had all elite crew and marines.
Then I went and captured a station.
When I went back and checked my inventory, all of my elite crew was replaced with recruit (well, the crappiest) crew.
Just thought you would like to know.

Ah, thanks for reminding me. This was an issue in the old version and I still haven't fixed.

Actually, I might change this so that instead of changing the whole cargo load it just removed 90% of the marines (or similar, they are off securing the station). With supplies now being so expensive I would be fairly irate if I lost a whole bunch due to a 'cargo re-balance'. It will mean you may be overloaded with crew/fuel/supplies, but then you just conquered a station so it's not like you can't get rid of them in a financially-responsible (and morally-responsible! Airlocks+Crew... ) manner.

Aenslaed

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 25, 2013, 09:17:35 PM »

Logistics may be due to too few crew...  Big issue with the Neutrino's, while being a strength too.

Zaphide: After testing a bit, I've narrowed it to Kadur's current release and instructions being the culprit.  Not sure exactly what/how, but I'm not having it with only that one turned off.

I tried maxing out crew but the number didn't change.

Jazzrish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 26, 2013, 12:08:12 AM »

just save and load, always get this information :'(

969588 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving to ..\\saves/save_KimMillson_7977742268026477533...
971449 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished saving
975082 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Reading save data from [..\saves\save_KimMillson_7977742268026477533\descriptor.xml]
976006 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading D:\Program Files\Starsector 0.6a\starsector-core\..\saves\save_KimMillson_7977742268026477533...
978084 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
978084 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.readResolve() : null : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.readResolve() : null
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.readResolve() : null
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ObjectAccessException
cause-message       : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.readResolve() : null
class               : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager
required-type       : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
path                : /CampaignEngine/modAndPluginData/persistentData/entry/map/entry[2]/FleetMember/fleetData/fleet/accidentManager
line number         : 138841
class[1]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet
class[2]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember
class[4]            : java.util.HashMap
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[5]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData
class[6]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[2]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.void
version             : null
-------------------------------
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.readResolve() : null : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.readResolve() : null
message             : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.readResolve() : null
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ObjectAccessException
cause-message       : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.readResolve() : null
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
path                : /CampaignEngine/modAndPluginData/persistentData/entry/map/entry[2]/FleetMember/fleetData/fleet/accidentManager
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:11:40 AM by Jazzrish »
sorry for my english..

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 26, 2013, 12:19:16 AM »

I noticed when I started playing as Neutrino, I got 2 super freighters from the start and the valk troop transport.

After I took over a station I still had one super freighter and about 5000 supplies (easy 400k credits)

While when I start as Hiigarian (or whatever name is) after taking over a station all you have is that little starting ship and about 25 supplies.

as Neutrino I could jump right into a capital ship as soon as one of the stations had one..

As Hiigarian I was struggling to even stay afloat.. nothing to fight so I couldn't keep buying supplies.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

jingle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 26, 2013, 12:51:35 AM »

I'm really enjoying this so far but unfortunately I've run into an issue. Whenever I load a save, it says there is a problem with it and it cannot be loaded possibly due to mods not being there anymore, but I haven't removed any of them and it even does it without me closing the game. I'm only running the faction mods listed in the OP plus the console mod/mod that makes stuff always in stock.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 26, 2013, 02:02:04 AM »

just save and load, always get this information :'(
Spoiler
969588 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving to ..\\saves/save_KimMillson_7977742268026477533...
971449 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished saving
975082 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Reading save data from [..\saves\save_KimMillson_7977742268026477533\descriptor.xml]
976006 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading D:\Program Files\Starsector 0.6a\starsector-core\..\saves\save_KimMillson_7977742268026477533...
978084 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
978084 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.readResolve() : null : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.readResolve() : null
-------------------------------
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.readResolve() : null : Could not call com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.AccidentManager.readResolve() : null
[close]

Yeah there seems to be an incompatability between Exerelin and Kadur Theocracy mod but damned if I can figure it out... :(  It may be best to run with Kadur Theocracy until I/We can fix it.

I noticed when I started playing as Neutrino, I got 2 super freighters from the start and the valk troop transport.

After I took over a station I still had one super freighter and about 5000 supplies (easy 400k credits)

While when I start as Hiigarian (or whatever name is) after taking over a station all you have is that little starting ship and about 25 supplies.

as Neutrino I could jump right into a capital ship as soon as one of the stations had one..

As Hiigarian I was struggling to even stay afloat.. nothing to fight so I couldn't keep buying supplies.

Hmmm 2xsuperfreighter is a bug. You are meant to start of a small fish in a big sea :)

I'm really enjoying this so far but unfortunately I've run into an issue. Whenever I load a save, it says there is a problem with it and it cannot be loaded possibly due to mods not being there anymore, but I haven't removed any of them and it even does it without me closing the game. I'm only running the faction mods listed in the OP plus the console mod/mod that makes stuff always in stock.

Yes see above for issue regarding Kadur Theocracy.

Also, I'd refrain from running the restock mod with Exerelin; it will eventually cause issues.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 141