Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 924068 times)

Turdicus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.6
« Reply #825 on: September 24, 2013, 01:54:46 PM »

It also depends on some other stuff, like having the required fleets. The Kadur weeeere compatible with the last version of Exerelin, so it should only take a little tweaking to get them compatible with this version -- I haven't taken a look at the files yet to see what, exactly, I need to do, but it shouldn't take too much work. I'm out of the house all day today, but you can expect an Exerelin-compatibility patch from me some time tomorrow at the latest.

Good to know! As it turns out blasting away at things from a distance while watching things ping off of my armor is very appealing to me.

Zorg just kicked my butt, but no bugs and no crashes so far! Edit: That we don't already know about.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 24, 2013, 02:03:02 PM »

Spoiler
Code
373639 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [patrolFleet1] not found for faction [bushi]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [patrolFleet1] not found for faction [bushi]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.oOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleet(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.world.BushiSpawnPoint.spawnFleet(BushiSpawnPoint.java:39)
at data.scripts.world.BushiGen.generate(BushiGen.java:98)
at data.scripts.world.BushiModPlugin.initBushi(BushiModPlugin.java:11)
at data.scripts.world.BushiModPlugin.onNewGame(BushiModPlugin.java:17)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.OooO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00o.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.new.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.super.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]
Upon starting a campaign...  :-\

You'll need to comment out the modPlugin definition for some mods, bushi being one of them. It's not fully plug-n-play like it used to be unfortunately :(
I'm sure I did that already... Lemme go check it..

EDIT:
http://scr.hu/0zoz/ump4o
I did comment it out already. Took a space out in case that changed anything so all the code is inline with the rest. Gonna go try again.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:04:45 PM by Silver Silence »

xeranes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 24, 2013, 02:13:10 PM »

Regarding Fatal: 4 error

Test procedure:

Windowed, 1600x900 sound on
Only Exerelin and Lazy Lib installed

# of systems: 8
Max size: Medium
Max Planets: 9
Max Asteroid Belts: 2
Max Stations: 10
Omni Factory Available: Yes
# of factions: 9
Respawn: Only initial factions
Respawn time: 2 months
Alignment: Hegemony
Ship: Lasher
Skillpoints: 1 spec in combat, leadership, and science. Helmsman-ship 1, evasive action 1, Navigation 1, logistics 1, comp systems 1, mech. engineering 1

Start Game

Fatal:4

Code
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.ExerelinData.getAvailableFactions(ExerelinData.java:189)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.DiplomacyManager.<init>(DiplomacyManager.java:39)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.SectorManager.<init>(SectorManager.java:41)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.Exerelin.generate(Exerelin.java:39)
at data.scripts.world.ExerelinGen.generate(ExerelinGen.java:25)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.float.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.oooO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.OooO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00o.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.super.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

EDIT: I have re-installed and disabled dev-mode, error persists. Error also persists in fullscreen at different resolutions and with the Omni-factory disabled.

EDIT2: Error does not occur when selecting "factions respawn" with no conditions. Investigating any issues with gameplay.

EDIT3: Unsure if this is by design and I am missing something, but the universe seems hauntingly quiet and empty. Sectors have little to no fleets in them, and I am unable to interact with any stations, captured by a faction or not.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:34:54 PM by xeranes »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 24, 2013, 02:40:02 PM »

Regarding Fatal: 4 error
--- snip ---

Thanks heaps, got it :) As bug with selecting the 'Respawn only in Exerelin initially' option when only playing with vanialla factions. I'll fix that up.

EDIT3: Unsure if this is by design and I am missing something, but the universe seems hauntingly quiet and empty. Sectors have little to no fleets in them, and I am unable to interact with any stations, captured by a faction or not.

Well, that depends somewhat on your startup selection :) If you select 1/4 systems, small systems, many stations everything will be more bunched up. Admittedly it's always a bit quiet to when starting initially. Larger system size tends to make for a slower game as everything requires more travel time. Actually, my experience later in the game is usually there are too many fleets!

xeranes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 24, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »

Working now, glad I could help!

Side note: is there a guide anywhere?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 24, 2013, 04:39:42 PM »

Working now, glad I could help!

Side note: is there a guide anywhere?

Not yet sorry. I should probably put something together describing the mechanics in the OP.

RoboticManiac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 24, 2013, 05:18:35 PM »

Just thought I'd pop in with a quick bug report-

All the faction mods that are supposed to work with Exelrin, well don't.

For example, the Hiigaraan Descendants are missing "Patrol Fleet2" and "Scout Fleet", from my pitible modding experience, Exerelin can't find the fleets for the Hiigaran faction? Is this supposed to be something really simple that I simply overlooked, or has the main post not been updated in terms of compatibility?

Erp.

Did not see the asterisk...  :-X
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 05:20:08 PM by RoboticManiac »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 24, 2013, 05:26:55 PM »

Also, Zorg V12, Gedune and Neutrino work fine without editing the mod_info.json.  ;)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 24, 2013, 05:40:13 PM »

Just thought I'd pop in with a quick bug report-

All the faction mods that are supposed to work with Exelrin, well don't.

For example, the Hiigaraan Descendants are missing "Patrol Fleet2" and "Scout Fleet", from my pitible modding experience, Exerelin can't find the fleets for the Hiigaran faction? Is this supposed to be something really simple that I simply overlooked, or has the main post not been updated in terms of compatibility?

Erp.

Did not see the asterisk...  :-X

Yeah it's not nice. If I could fix it I would, but unfortunately the modding setup is not really designed for one mod to override other mods.

Actually, the best/only way to fix it would be for all the faction mods to check if Exerelin is loaded and if so not run their generators. But I was hoping to make it compatible without fixes on 'the other end'.

Regardless, I will increase the visibility of the asterisks :)

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 24, 2013, 05:51:31 PM »

Whoa, since when has Neutrino been updated for 6a? Doesn't say which version at all in the Neutrino thread. Anyway, super psyched to play the new version, been day dreaming about it all day at work :P
Also, is the Fleet Command mod going to be compatible? It would actually work wonders with Exerelin I think and the new FC update is great!

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 24, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »

Whoa, since when has Neutrino been updated for 6a? Doesn't say which version at all in the Neutrino thread. Anyway, super psyched to play the new version, been day dreaming about it all day at work :P

Well, it works :) I think flashfrozen's 1.7 update is the 0.6a compatible one

Also, is the Fleet Command mod going to be compatible? It would actually work wonders with Exerelin I think and the new FC update is great!

Not right now, but potentially down the track. It all gets a bit tricky as Exerelin, FleetControl and Tradewinds (the other mod I'd really like to get compatible with Exerelin) 'hook in' at a similar spot, and FleetControl makes extensive use of DialogPlugins (Exerelin also does/will so they will probably conflict badly). It may require some co-operation between us all :)

RoboticManiac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 24, 2013, 06:09:25 PM »

Quick question,

Are the other solar systems loaded up when you you're flying around? For example, I haven't seen more than one or two messages about other factions settling in other systems, should I head over there, so they get established, or can I just meander in my 'home' system?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 24, 2013, 06:17:49 PM »

Quick question,

Are the other solar systems loaded up when you you're flying around? For example, I haven't seen more than one or two messages about other factions settling in other systems, should I head over there, so they get established, or can I just meander in my 'home' system?

Yeah they *should* be loaded but my experience is that if it is an 8+ system sector then fleets in other systems seem to get 'stuck' and do not function properly. This can be alleviated by flying around to kick-start them off but it's a bit of a pain.

I have it listed as a known issue in the OP and have flagged it as a bug in the Support Forum, so we'll see :)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 24, 2013, 06:29:46 PM »

Any hints on implementation?  I need to re-merge and all that, if I ever have time again, work's kind of kicking me around atm but maybe this weekend :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 24, 2013, 06:50:29 PM »

Any hints on implementation?  I need to re-merge and all that, if I ever have time again, work's kind of kicking me around atm but maybe this weekend :)

Well, if you can I would wait until I do a bit more refactoring (hopefully later this week). It's still fairly similar, just a few more things added and a few things changed to support the multi-systems and the skill tree.

I'm fairly sure you ended up tweaking numbers but did you end up replacing any code wholesale? Maybe if you could PM me the general outline of changes you made / were planning to make and I'll prioritise those sections of the code?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 141