Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 924062 times)

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic System and Faction War - v0.58
« Reply #750 on: September 10, 2013, 08:25:03 AM »

It is possible to change the format to a compressed variant, which reduces size and load/save times. The downside is that it is not possible anymore to read or modify the saves in the same way.

Thanks! I didn't know about it. :)

The backup save files should allow me to load them in and then re-save with the compression disabled in case something game-breaking happens with the save and/or I want to modify something by hand. (If that's possible of course.) If not then it'll be the result of my own stupidity so I won't complain ;D.

My problem isn't really the 2x100MB / save (although I prefer smaller things) but the looong load and save times.
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

Tchey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Jeux1d100
« Reply #751 on: September 10, 2013, 11:31:27 PM »

Little question, maybe i've missed something. I'm playing this mod with nothing else, and my toon is level 7 now. I cannot find any big ship anywhere, is that normal ? Is there a kind of trigger (money, level, date...) ? Only one time i saw one Cruiser, that's all. Only fregates or smaller to buy.

Second question, "player can mine ressources" : how ?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 10, 2013, 11:38:48 PM »

Little question, maybe i've missed something. I'm playing this mod with nothing else, and my toon is level 7 now. I cannot find any big ship anywhere, is that normal ? Is there a kind of trigger (money, level, date...) ? Only one time i saw one Cruiser, that's all. Only fregates or smaller to buy.

Capital ships are fairly rare. They are not restricted and there is no trigger, just harder to find for sale in stations. This can also depend on your faction too, and what hulls they actually have available to them (pirates and Gedune have no capital ship).

Second question, "player can mine ressources" : how ?

In order to mine, you will need some mining drones in your fleet. You then need to chase down a Asteroid or Gas Giant and park your fleet on top of it. You will then start mining :)

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 10, 2013, 11:41:43 PM »

Well first of all, your base doesn't have enough supplies to build any big ships. More supplies come from your factions mining fleets, which benefit them hugely if your base is located around a gas giant and an asteroid ring. Try to get a base that is orbiting a gas giant along with some close by asteroid fields, it can mean the difference of winning or losing.
Oh yeah, check the storage facility for 2 free mining wings (they are fighters), and get a carrier that can handle a lot of supplies and hanger space.

Zaphide ninja'd me.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 11:43:49 PM by Foxer360 »

Tchey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Jeux1d100
« Reply #754 on: September 11, 2013, 01:14:17 AM »

Thanks !

I play Nomad andi've foundone Cruiser and one Capital, just after posting on the forum. I don't like the Capital however. I wanted to command one or two big ships, instead of several medium and small, but it seems a not so good idea so far.

The good thing after being away for several months is that the game is like brand new and i have to learn it again !

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 11, 2013, 09:00:12 PM »

v0.59 DEV Update 3
Download: https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/downloads/Exerelin_DEV3_NoFactions_v0.59.zip

This is really only a compatibility release for the previous DEV. EDIT: Unfortunately it does not fix the issue with Relics.

Previous DEV changes here

Please let me know of any issues you find :)

Changes
Code
v0.59 (DEV3)
 - Updated support for Shadowyards Heavy Industries
 - Updated support for Zorg
 - Updated support for Gedune

- Fixed player respawn check to look for valid boarding fleets
 - Fixed override of base StarSector ui elements from certain faction mods (NOTE: not a complete solution, Exerelin has to be the first mod alphabetically)
   - Unfortunately was not able to fix base StartSector ui sound overrides from certain faction mods

- Slightly reduced chance of non-combat ships being delivered to stations

v0.59 (DEV2)
 - Player can now take over stations (requires at least one superfreighter, one troop transport and minimum 3 ships total in fleet)
   - Hover fleet over station for one day to initiate boarding
 - Boarding fleets now use marines to fight defending marines
   - If attacking fleet loses all marines damage is taken by the attacking fleet
   - If defending station loses all marines station is taken over and the attacking fleet loses it's superfreighter and transport
 - AI controlled Boarding fleets now defend stations they take over
 - Player now starts with a boarding-capable fleet
   - Player faction does not start with a command fleet
   - Player must capture first station for their faction
 - Stations being boarded (within last 3 days) do not spawn fleets or generate resources
 - Station efficiency value increases amount of dropped off mined resources from mining fleets (if in bonus state)
 - Added elite fleets to factions that didn't have them specified
 - Added support for Zorg faction
 - Added support for Qualljom Society faction
 - Renamed Council -> Council Loyalists (Sorry MrDavidoff :) )
 - Amended fleet compositions for Pirates
 - Added additional ships and start ship to Isora faction

- Changed color of abandoned faction so stations are visible on map at start
 - Changed faction respawn time to be time BETWEEN faction respawns rather than time till the first respawn and then every month afterwards
 - Changed number of attack/defense fleets to 1 per station
 - Changed patrol fleets to now attack/defend if their home station is threatened
   - Otherwise, they can attack/defend/raid
   - In peace they patrol

- Fixed issue where portraits were not selectable on new game
 - Fixed issue starting a new game throwing a OutOfRange during system lookup on the detected sector change
 - Fixed neutrino support issue

- Renamed Resource Convoys -> Logistics Convoys
 - A few performance improvements
 - Increased minimum wait time between system events

v0.59 (DEV1)
- Added EliteShips list for various factions that contains unbalanced or dreadnaught-style ships
  - Only spawn occasionally as part of a fleet, never delivered

- Fixed support for Relics (elder+purifer)
- Added support for Directorate (Avan's Mod)
- Added support for Isora (Avan's Mod)
- Added support for Ceredia (Avan's Mod)
- Added support for Independant Mining Faction
- Added support for Scrappers
- Added support for Shadow Order

- Updated Valkyrian supported version
- Updated Shadowyards HI supported version
- Updated Bushi supported version
- Updated Thule Legacy supported version
- Updated Tore Up Plenty supported version

- Renamed Out System Attack Fleet -> Command Fleet
- Command fleets now always defend even at start of game
- Renamed Out System Supply Convoy -> Supply Convoy
- Renamed InSystem Station Attack Fleet -> Boarding Fleet
- Renamed InSystem Supply Convoy -> Resource Convoy

- Fixed check no rebels already in system when creating more rebels against faction
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 12:45:27 AM by Zaphide »

Tchey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Jeux1d100
« Reply #756 on: September 11, 2013, 11:27:31 PM »

Can i play this with my current save (the last no-dev version) ? I've found that the ability to capture stations myself is what i want the most...

(edit : i just tried, game crashes before starting. I only loaded the _dev version, then tried again with exerelin and _dev at the same time. Same error. I get this :

Fatal : Ship hull spec [relics_sidewayer_h] not found ! Check starfarer.log for more info.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 11:36:14 PM by ( Tchey ) »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 12, 2013, 12:20:22 AM »

Can i play this with my current save (the last no-dev version) ? I've found that the ability to capture stations myself is what i want the most...

(edit : i just tried, game crashes before starting. I only loaded the _dev version, then tried again with exerelin and _dev at the same time. Same error. I get this :

Fatal : Ship hull spec [relics_sidewayer_h] not found ! Check starfarer.log for more info.

Yep sorry the v0.59_DEV3 version should be compatible with v0.59_DEV2, but not with any of the other versions (v0.58 or v.059_DEV1).

Tchey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Jeux1d100
« Reply #758 on: September 12, 2013, 12:28:52 AM »

It's OK for saves compatibility, but the game still crashes. Just in case, i've copied the saves folder to somewhere else and clean the log, deleted everything from the mod folder, then installed again LazyLib and Exerelin v0.59_DEV3. Starsector seems to start, i see the loading screen, and after a few seconds, kaboom !

Maybe i'm just missing something on how to install it ?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 12, 2013, 12:31:13 AM »

It's OK for saves compatibility, but the game still crashes. Just in case, i've copied the saves folder to somewhere else and clean the log, deleted everything from the mod folder, then installed again LazyLib and Exerelin v0.59_DEV3. Starsector seems to start, i see the loading screen, and after a few seconds, kaboom !

Maybe i'm just missing something on how to install it ?

No your not missing something, I've just realised I've made a mistake with the Relics compatability :(

I'll need another fix version :P

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 12, 2013, 12:52:34 AM »

Okay DEV3 is fixed and I have re-uploaded it. Unfortunately my fix for Relics compatibility still had some issues when the Relics mod wasn't loaded alongside so I have disabled Relics support for the time being.

However, if you do wish to play DEV3 with Relics you can download and run both mods as you normally would BUT you will need to do the following:
 - Go to Exerelin/data/variants in the StarSector mod folder
 - Rename the relics .variant files with the extension .variant1 to .variant
 - In order to play Exerelin without Relics, just rename the .variant files back to .variant1 and then don't load both mods at the same time

Apologies to those who had already downloaded DEV3 or were hoping for seamless Relics integration.

Tchey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Jeux1d100
« Reply #761 on: September 12, 2013, 01:59:03 AM »

It's working, thanks !

I now have to understand how to play with custom factions, like Junk Pirates. Am i supposed to fllow these steps, as the DEV is "No Faction" ? I tried to simply upload the Junk Pirate to the mods, but then the game starts vanilla, without asking me about the number of planets, etc.

To add other factions (that are not included/supported already)
 - Backup other mod
 - If exists, remove the generators.csv file from other mod (data/world)
 - If exists, remove any already existing (in Exerelin) factions from the other mods factions.csv file (data/world/factions)
 - If exists, remove the CharacterCreationPluginImpl.java from the other mod (data/scripts/plugins)

- Add the various Exerelin fleets to the other mods faction file(s) for the factions you want to include
   - Leave the faction files in the other mod structure
 - Add specific faction weapons in ExerelinUtils.java in the getFactionWeapons method (near the bottom)
 - Add the faction ids to possibleFactions in ExerelinData.java
 - Add the starter ships to the appropriate place in Exerelin's CharacterCreationPluginImpl.java

- When loading StarSector, load both mods + LazyLib

Also, can i suggest to add a "back" button when creating the world ? Like, i want to see the ships i can start with AAA faction, then i want to see the BBB faction, but to do so i must go back to the main menu first and redo everyting. OK, it's a matter of seconds, it will just be "better" with a back button i think.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 12, 2013, 05:11:01 AM »

--- snip ---
Am i supposed to fllow these steps, as the DEV is "No Faction" ? I tried to simply upload the Junk Pirate to the mods, but then the game starts vanilla, without asking me about the number of planets, etc.
--- snip ---

Those instructions are for modded factions that are not supported. It is easy to get a supported faction working :)
 - Download the other mod(s)
   - No changes are required for either Exerelin or other mod(s)
 - Select other mod(s) as well as Exerelin+LazyLib on StarSector startup
 - You're done :)

The list of supported factions is in the first post, and then a few more were added with v0.59 DEV1/2 as listed here: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6053.msg108237#msg108237. The only one currently unsupported (without a bit of messing around) is the Relcis faction.

Also, can i suggest to add a "back" button when creating the world ? Like, i want to see the ships i can start with AAA faction, then i want to see the BBB faction, but to do so i must go back to the main menu first and redo everyting. OK, it's a matter of seconds, it will just be "better" with a back button i think.

Unfortunately I can't add a back button on ship selection, but I could add one for the other steps. A random button would probably be good too :)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 12, 2013, 09:55:02 AM »

This mod is great.  I've been playing the heck out of it for the past week and this is by far the best way to see (and destroy!) all of the other custom ships that people have made.  Thanks for putting this together!

Maybe with SS 6.0 we could have some faction summary windows (who is at war/allied with whom) or some other custom dialogue options for declaring war.

Tchey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Jeux1d100
« Reply #764 on: September 12, 2013, 10:18:36 AM »

I coud appreciate also a way to visually know who is ennemy/neutral/friend. Colors for faction is nice, and a second circle, maybe blinking, for ennemy would be really good. Neutral and friend are not really a problem as they are not menacing while passing by.

My favorite "gameplay change" mod so far, thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 141