Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 923926 times)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.631
« Reply #1635 on: January 23, 2014, 05:49:46 AM »

Spoiler
208490 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading image graphics/exerelin/backgrounds/orange_background1.jpg into existing tex id 317
209045 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 358,52 MB of texture data so far
209047 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/exerelin/backgrounds/orange_background1.jpg (using cast)
641538 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.world.OmniFac.loadSettingsFromJSON(Ljava/lang/String;)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.world.OmniFac.loadSettingsFromJSON(Ljava/lang/String;)V
   at exerelin.OutSystemStationConstructionFleet$1.run(OutSystemStationConstructionFleet.java:79)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.??00(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Latest version, was AFK on an asteroid.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: January 23, 2014, 02:53:34 PM »

Spoiler
208490 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading image graphics/exerelin/backgrounds/orange_background1.jpg into existing tex id 317
209045 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 358,52 MB of texture data so far
209047 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/exerelin/backgrounds/orange_background1.jpg (using cast)
641538 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.world.OmniFac.loadSettingsFromJSON(Ljava/lang/String;)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.world.OmniFac.loadSettingsFromJSON(Ljava/lang/String;)V
   at exerelin.OutSystemStationConstructionFleet$1.run(OutSystemStationConstructionFleet.java:79)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
[close]

Thanks Valk, I'll check it out :)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: January 24, 2014, 12:39:50 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

Hmmm I can't seem to reproduce this, was there anything special about the game? Which mods were you running?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: January 24, 2014, 12:49:09 AM »

Don't know, I was AFK from the start. ;D

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #1639 on: January 24, 2014, 04:30:13 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Do you have an old version of the Omnifactory tagged in the launcher? That method was added in a relatively recent Omnifactory version, so if the game found the old mod in your mods folder and loaded the jar from there...

MtHonkey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: January 24, 2014, 06:25:08 PM »

Just started playing this mod and am having a bug.  I have Starsector 0.6.2.a-RC3, Exerelin, LazyLib, and a few of the factions linked from the top post.

When I start a new game I appear in hyperspace.  If I choose a 1-system game, I don't see any jump points.  If I choose a multi-system game (usually 2 so far) then when I jump to the Exerelin system I will randomly appear either in Exerelin or another system.  If I arrive in another system my fleet is invisible and the game is very jerky and I cannot take over any stations, but I can eventually navigate to a jump point and travel to Exerelin and start the game.

Am I doing something wrong?

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: January 24, 2014, 06:48:36 PM »

Just started playing this mod and am having a bug.  I have Starsector 0.6.2.a-RC3, Exerelin, LazyLib, and a few of the factions linked from the top post.

When I start a new game I appear in hyperspace.  If I choose a 1-system game, I don't see any jump points.  If I choose a multi-system game (usually 2 so far) then when I jump to the Exerelin system I will randomly appear either in Exerelin or another system.  If I arrive in another system my fleet is invisible and the game is very jerky and I cannot take over any stations, but I can eventually navigate to a jump point and travel to Exerelin and start the game.

Am I doing something wrong?

Are you using the latest version of Exerelin (0.631)? What you describe was an issue with 0.63 with the latest StarSector version.

MtHonkey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: January 24, 2014, 07:03:55 PM »

Oh, thanks, I guess that was updated in the 2 days since I downloaded Exerelin.

Vinch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: January 25, 2014, 06:27:51 AM »

Just tried the new exelerin version!

I think starting in hyperspace is a good thing : you now have an overview of the sectors loadout from the start and can choice a good placement ( who didn't start in a good sector but found it utterly isolated from the rest of game?). Of course it would be even better if all faction start in hyperspace, but thats a bug after all ;).

Jc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: January 25, 2014, 10:39:31 AM »

Ok I figured out how to edit the experience gained!

I used 7-zip to extract the exerelinuils.class file

then i used a program called dirtyjoe to edit the class file!

now i get 4 million exp every time i mine! muahahaha! ;)

Amurka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: January 25, 2014, 12:57:20 PM »

Hi, I just wanted to say I love this mod and am having a blast! I honestly feel this should be the direction they take Vanilla in, rather than it always being the same sectors with the same factions at the same locations.

I'm having an issue that I could use help with though.

I'm getting a CTD when I attack certain rebel fleets, it has something to do with "mothball prior to combat", and might be related to a certain popular ship in their fleet (I'm pretty sure it's the "cargo" ship that is usually the core of every rebel fleet. I'm playing as BlackRock.

I can easily reproduce this (in fact I don't even engage Rebels anymore because it almost always happens), so if you're interested, I can get the crash text.

I'd really appreciate the help! I'm a total noob at this! :D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:47:47 PM by Amurka »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: January 25, 2014, 03:57:05 PM »

Just tried the new exelerin version!

I think starting in hyperspace is a good thing : you now have an overview of the sectors loadout from the start and can choice a good placement ( who didn't start in a good sector but found it utterly isolated from the rest of game?). Of course it would be even better if all faction start in hyperspace, but thats a bug after all ;).

Yeah I might just leave it as it is I think :)

Hi, I just wanted to say I love this mod and am having a blast! I honestly feel this should be the direction they take Vanilla in, rather than it always being the same sectors with the same factions at the same locations.

I'm having a few issues that I could use help with though.

The first is that my Omnifactory seems to be eating things, rather than reproducing them... and I don't know what to do! It was working just fine in another game (I restarted because the faction I chose blew hard) and now I don't seem to be getting any of the "Omnifactory is now producing XX" messages or anything. What's worse, is when I go back to the station, all the good stuff I put in there that I wanted to reproduce is gone.

The second is WHEN WILL THE MINING WINGS SHOW UP AT MY STATION!?!

The third is: I'm getting a CTD when I attack certain rebel fleets, it has something to do with "mothball prior to combat", and might be related to a certain popular ship in their fleet. I can easily reproduce this (in fact I don't even engage Rebels anymore because it almost always happens), so if you're interested, I can get the crash text.

I'd really appreciate the help! I'm a total noob at this! :D

I believe that Vanilla StarSector will have some pre-determined core systems and then a large number of randomly generated ones, so the best of both worlds really :)

OmniFactory: That is strange behavior. Exerelin has the OmniFactory built-in; you don't need to download and activate the separate install. However, the version Exerelin uses is old and (as it seems from LazyWizard's post above) may clash with the newer version if it is installed separately. I'll look at updating Exerelin's version for the next Exerelin release.

Mining Wings: Mining wings have a chance to be created at any station. When your Storage Facility is constructed, it contains one mining wing.

CTD: If you could send me the crash text (preferably the stacktrace from the log file, or just the whole log file) that would be great. Are you sure you're playing with the latest StarSector, Exerelin and whichever other faction mods you are using? There was an error around an IsMothballed method, due to a newer version of Exerelin being used with an older version of StarSector a while back.

Amurka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: January 25, 2014, 06:02:26 PM »

The Omni Factory issue was user error. I was just confused when the parts I put in temporarily dissapeared, before production began. OOPS!

Knowing the Mining Wing spawns in the storage is valuable info! I never would have though to look there!

----------------------

Ok yea this bug continues to annoy, and it's not just with a certain faction. It seems whenever I try to engage fleets with lone ships left, usually which are also low on CP, the game CTDs.

Here's a screencap (in the attachment) of the text I'm getting. This one is right after I engaged a large Gedune fleet, harried the one remaining ship that was left in reserves, and clicked "pursue". The glitch always comes immediately after clicking pursue on these last ships.

Let me know if this screen cap is clear enough. I'm sure I could reproduce and take a better one if needed.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 06:04:24 PM by Amurka »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: January 26, 2014, 12:21:05 AM »

Ok yea this bug continues to annoy, and it's not just with a certain faction. It seems whenever I try to engage fleets with lone ships left, usually which are also low on CP, the game CTDs.

Here's a screencap (in the attachment) of the text I'm getting. This one is right after I engaged a large Gedune fleet, harried the one remaining ship that was left in reserves, and clicked "pursue". The glitch always comes immediately after clicking pursue on these last ships.

Let me know if this screen cap is clear enough. I'm sure I could reproduce and take a better one if needed.

Hmmm, are you sure your running StarSector 0.6.2-RC3? It looks like it is complaining about the crash mothballing stuff that was added in StarSector 0.6.2.

Amurka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: January 26, 2014, 01:58:57 AM »

It says I'm running 6.2a? Looked in my download folder and you were right. I could only find RC2.

EDIT: Ok I redownloaded the game and installed that.
EDIT 2: Wow, so patching deletes all the mods and resets my StarSector.bat? That's...lame. Well hopefully I can remember what factions I had running on that save...
EDIT 3: Oh, looks like the factions are still there. Gonna go see if all this did anything. Oh wait. They're gone again.
EDIT 4: Hmmm. When I run using the Starsector.bat file, it starts the program, but when I got to the mods button, there's nothing there. When I run using the normal .exe, all the mods still show up. Can someone who has everything working properly post an attachment of their batch file from their Starsector-core folder? All the text from the old JRE help topics on the forums seems to be outdated. I need one that will utilize my 64 bit system and the 64 bit java I installed. It was all working before I updated to RC3, so I'm not really sure why I'm having trouble now. :(
EDIT: Found something that might work on pg 96

There is a solution!
1. Go to the starsector directory

2. Open the starsector_core file

3. Open up the starsector.bat with something like jedit

4. Delete the "..\jre\bin" section, and change the two values of -Xms512m -Xmx512m to -Xms1024m and -Xmx2048m (assuming you have 1 and 2 gb of free RAM)

5. Go back to the orginal starsector directory, the one with the "mods" folder.

6. Drag the "mods" folder, or copy\paste it, into the starsector_core

7. Double click on the starsector.bat, and play!

8. (Optional) Follow the same process for the "saves" folder as you did with the "mods" folder

Ok! Everything seems to be working! Thank so much for the help. I NEVER would have noticed that SLIGHT difference in versions.

Now I just have to figure out how to take over enemy stations... (Insert Mr. Burns grin here)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 04:53:51 AM by Amurka »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 141