Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your Brain  (Read 7589 times)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Your Brain
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »

Very well, I explicitly apologize for my lack of the word 'my' as I had assumed prior you would have understood I meant my school to begin with.
That's an unfortunate way to be incorrect.

Just to clarify, I think things are getting a bit muddled here:

No, I am one hundred percent certain NOBODY with ADHD is actually allowed to normally partake in classroom activites.

this was what I was referring to. That statement to me was indicating that you were saying that about all schools. The certainty that you say it with no referring to it just being to your experience/perception makes it appear as such.

Anyways, this little discussion is getting rather off topic...

Sandremo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 02:30:26 AM »

... This conversation is going way beyond my level of understanding... what the hell is going on in this forum?!?! XD

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 04:25:40 AM »

*Xareh talking about how genius he is and how unappreciated.*

you are no genius ,because by saying this you now look like an arrogant fool.
about the gratification, if you dont get enough positive responds it might be that your writing isnt that good after all or you have no idea how to bring it to the poeple.

ps. sorry for going off topic
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 04:30:41 AM »

No, I am one hundred percent certain NOBODY with ADHD is actually allowed to normally partake in classroom activites.
is allowed? do you mean that people with ADHD arent allowed to partake by teachers or by ADHD.

My cousin has ADHD ,he had lots of trouble with it when he was a child but now he is 19 and he has no trouble with it anymore.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 04:33:47 AM »

Goodness gracious me, you've all been deceived by a madman!

No, but in all honesty, this seemed much more like flamebait than anything else. Many of you took the flamebait, however, and he got a good laugh out of it.

If this, however, WAS serious, then that would be the most arrogant, ignorant post about geniality i've ever had the unfortune to see.

Off-Topic, yes, i know, but i see that you cannot have a thread about the human psyche and brain without xareh stomping in with all his so-called "Geniality".  

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:38:28 AM by Upgradecap »

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 05:10:29 AM »

So.. your a genius because you have done something everybody is capable of doing, wouldn't that make everybody a genius?

To what i have witnessed, your "social engineering" was talk that more or less always came down to you acting superior above everybody else.

As for the skype chat, just tell us and we will inv you anytime.

On topic: I'm sure you have encountered someone with ADHD in school, its not always apparent, i had 3 guys in my class that had ADHD and one with (dont know its name), and i didn't notice/learn until like 7-8th grade.

as for laptops, i don't like them, keyboards FOREVER!!! ;D
I decline the rhetorical offer of a discussion on the topic of genius in a forum as open as such, but if you seek to at all continue it feel perfectly free to proceed with the particularly useful service of private messaging, for I am sure that the people of the forum look down upon something so 'petty'.

No, I am one hundred percent certain NOBODY with ADHD is actually allowed to normally partake in classroom activites. That, and unfortunate as it is, my top set placement means that people with ADHD or such would be placed in sets lower than me. Even then, the confidentiality and seclusion of the LFL maintains such situations.
That last bit is blatantly untrue, I was pretty much top of my set in comprehensive school, and I was in the 2nd from highest. I was always taking part, even to show other pupils how to do it, if you've seen what you've described happening its very wrong and you should seek legal action, it's outright discrimination
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 05:48:44 AM »

Okay, this is starting to get a little heated-so I'll say now before an admin shows up.

Never really thought about it. I mean, I do get moments of realization, but they only ever distract me from whatever I'm doing-like listening to a teacher, for instance. Really, I'm just an average person. Only with a tendency for colds, a hearing deficiency which means I need hearing aids and shoddy teeth. It's just a million neurons that, for some inexplicable reason, divine or no, have consciousness and a theory of mind. It's amazing and dulling at both times. But I could ramble on for years, guessing, making vague statements and such. Like many people have been until recently. But it's just the words of a 13 year-old white male, on a lonely planet. And I'll stop myself there.

tl;dr-I have no clue

The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 10:36:25 AM »

snip
There were no laughs from this, but it was a test and you acted as predicted. What I did not predict, as I have already said is the unfortunate event that I had... overestimated which lead to the current petty squabble over a few missing words. For one who declares what I have written flamebait, why play into it?
Anyway, I say to you all - if you have further desire to speak with me, defer it to PMs. I fear that further involvement within this will end unfortunately.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 11:43:56 AM »

Yikes, what did happen to this thread?

@ Xareh: I don't want to see you "testing" (or however you want to call it) other users again.

@ Upgradecap, TheHappyFace: You came very close to personally insulting Xareh, there is absolutely no justification to do so. If you feel someone is trolling you either ignore it (usually best), call him out on it in an objective manner or if it is excessive, report it.

A quote I'm fond of is:
"If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't."
I don't remember who said it, but it sounds right.

It's true and a permanent source of grief for me (I'm a neurobiologist-to-be) :/

It's also amazing to me all of the little things that can have an effect on our brains. A few weeks ago my mom had a seizure. The cause? Low potassium. That's it. A simple missing chemical caused a terrible misfire in a few neurons.

I hope your mom is alright? I pretty sure the low potassium was not the reason for the stroke though, low potassium measurement are common after a stroke. Permanently low levels can possibly (can't search for the latest papers right now) increase the risk but are not the cause.

The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 11:59:03 AM »

Thank god i resisted joining this conversation (I know how to make Napalm and Explosives....and Xareh lives close by (MUHAHAHAHAHA...of course its a joke))

Also the brain is really odd thing such as that inner commentary in your head, like now when i write this i'm thinking the words and moving with my fingers barely any mental effort, and the unfortunate fact that some diseases cause the brain to malfunction (My granddad had Alzheimer's...and we think my dad will develop it...therefore i probably will...:) only thing for me to do is smile)

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 12:16:35 PM »

ye i am sorry about insulting Xareh, i for one should know not to be lured into doing such. :/
back to tpoic because this topic is still quiet interresting.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »

It's also amazing to me all of the little things that can have an effect on our brains. A few weeks ago my mom had a seizure. The cause? Low potassium. That's it. A simple missing chemical caused a terrible misfire in a few neurons.

I hope your mom is alright? I pretty sure the low potassium was not the reason for the stroke though, low potassium measurement are common after a stroke. Permanently low levels can possibly (can't search for the latest papers right now) increase the risk but are not the cause.
She's getting better, thanks. The neurologist we saw said that low potassium can be a cause of seizures. I don't have any knowledge on the subject so I'm not going to argue
Pages: 1 [2]