Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Atmosphere of the Forum  (Read 4951 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: The Atmosphere of the Forum
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 10:42:41 PM »

As xareh said befote, move along citizens, nothing to see here.

The Hegemony Administration will not tolerate breaches of the curfew. ;p

Sandremo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 02:49:46 AM »

I know i can run my mouth a lot and end up talking off topic tuu much but i hope that the fingers arent pointed at me x_x
Off-Topic: What is your avatar from?!
That's Popura Taneshima, from the anime Working!!

Off topic. What's with the working!! anime thease days huh?!?! First my friend brings figures of that paticular anime back from his trip to japan and now this?!?! Is fate telling me "GO WATCH THIS NAO!" or something? Maybe i really should watch this...

Anyway back on topic since this the subject of this topic has been done and done maybe lock this topic? :o Maybe?

Edit: I mean even if he did something bad that doesnt give us the right to talk crap about him behind his back.

-Sandremo

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 07:05:58 AM »

Agreed, the best course of action would be to lock the thread.

I mean even if he did something bad that doesn't give us the right to talk crap about him behind his back.
I didn't mean to talk about him behind his back it was more of a general post  ;)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 01:40:03 PM »

Agreed, the best course of action would be to lock the thread.
But where is the evidence that would make you want to lock the thread? For someone who begins a thread speaking about how the atmosphere should be happy and such, why do you want to limit the derailing when (and I know this from real experience) the community somehow returns to the rails shortly after? Locking threads is an expedient method of solving methods. Expediency is never the correct answer. Figure out where it went wrong, correct that if really need be (often not needed, I remember the time when anyone on the forum could have been an excellent moderator as disputes were handled professionally by all involved and moderators rarely engaged in the forums - that changed for no reason) and there - thread still alive, back on the rails. Locking also unfortunately will postpone problems if that's what the thread is getting at. List goes on. Etc.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.
Pages: 1 [2]