Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: The Religious Discussion Topic (Do not reply or post if you are easily offended)  (Read 35010 times)

Gaizokubanou

• Captain
    • View Profile

Which makes the all-knowing God kinda look stupid, since from the bibles perspective he would have known that. Again displaying that God is a created character unfitting the attributes attached to him.

Well, less stupid (by definition God can't be stupid lol), more of a being that doesn't make sense due to seemingly flagrant self contradiction.

Like that good old classic medieval peasants' question about the notion of Omnipotence; can God make a stone so heavy that it cannot lift the said stone?  I asked this to someone I know who is a christian and her answer was "Yes, and God can lift that stone".

Only thing that bugs me about this thread is such heavy emphasis on a single religion.  I mean I find all religion to be equally artificial, and it's unlikely that talking about other religions will make a strong, if any, change to the type of discussion held, but it implies the narrowness of the demographic of our little Starsector forumites.

Any follower of Shintoism around here?  ;D

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Every one of us carry his own religion inside, everything else is...

I heard/read, can't really remember, that there is Gospel According to Christ. In it among other stuff is written: "God is everywhere. Pick up a rock and I/he will be there. House of God is in everyone's heart." That, basically, tell us that we do not need religion like institutions. We do not need churches or priest or anything that exist now. And that gospel is well hidden in Vatican  ;D  I wonder why  :D
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Romeo_One

• Captain
  • "Let me do the german dance for you..."
    • View Profile
    • Rejection - The Fight for Unity

I would agree with that, all religions are man-made. And so is the concept of god.

Every one of us carry his own religion inside, everything else is...

I heard/read, can't really remember, that there is Gospel According to Christ. In it among other stuff is written: "God is everywhere. Pick up a rock and I/he will be there. House of God is in everyone's heart." That, basically, tell us that we do not need religion like institutions. We do not need churches or priest or anything that exist now. And that gospel is well hidden in Vatican  Grin  I wonder why  Cheesy

Its funny because in the book of Exodus(I think) it is said that God resides in temples and later on (new testament) it is said that God does not reside in temples. So again huge contradiction.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:19:30 AM by Romeo_One »

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Its funny because in the book of Exodus(I think) it is said that God resides in temples and later on (new testament) it is said that God does not reside in temples. So again huge contradiction.
Yeah, people tend to put stuff in context that suit them -> their purpose. For me religion is biggest institution that exist. And that is, sadly, opposite of what it should be. As for me i have my beliefs and they do not belong to any particular religion, it's something that sound logical to me and i couldn't find any illogical stuff in it. And i try  ;D
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Romeo_One

• Captain
    • View Profile

I think that makes the most sense to be honest.
People are born different, experience different things and meet different people, hence their answer to lifes questions are also different.
To think that there is ONLY one solution to these questions is pretty short sighted.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:26:52 PM by Romeo_One »

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile

In other news, the pope resigned...
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

In other news, the pope resigned...

Just heard that too from my local news station.

Apparently, somehow, in his youth, he was part of the nazi youth movement? That's atleast what they found out and said in the news report. Huh, that is indeed something very new for me. Very much huh.

Romeo_One

• Captain
    • View Profile

That is true, but its old news, people talked about it when he took over the position of Pope. Its also a void argument because over 95% of Germanys youth was part of that organization, since they had to be. However thats not the reason for his resignation. He felt no longer capable of holding the position of Pope due to his age.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:25:02 AM by Romeo_One »

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile

The man who protected paedophiles and vilified victims is retiring from his job of the head of a giant financial scam, aka the Catholic Church. Doubtful karma exists though, so his prosecution will never happen.
The Celestial Teapot proposes that Bridget Gaudette be elected the new Pope.

Interessant, Teapot.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]