Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Graphics bugs with stars, ships and weapons  (Read 5631 times)

Xeldrakka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics bugs with stars, ships and weapons
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 10:49:23 PM »

Um... crap... I'm not able to make heads or tails of what you're asking. I already tried to do what the link shows, but I'm still getting told that my drivers are already up to date. Hmm...

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 12:30:19 PM »

:/ Sorry for not being clear enough. You need to remove existing driver and install one from intel site. Updating not working because drivers are different. One is supplied by your laptop vendor (currently installed on your system) and other is "generic" intel chipset driver for your video card. As a last resort - maybe vendor site have latest drivers for your laptop.

Xeldrakka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 11:22:58 AM »

Hmmm.. well I've got like.. 4 different driver downloads at this rate.. one from the vendor, one from intel, one from a 3rd party website, etc. I'm worried though that given how Vista has been behaving, why would I try to uninstall my current driver and install a new one? Vista won't let me run the installation programs.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 12:31:51 PM »

Then windows vista will redetect video card after driver uninstall you should be able to point it to directory with unzipped intel driver and install it manually via windows select device and driver menu. I suspect you have vendor modified version of windows just for your laptop which blocks all other drivers for installation somehow. Anyway usual way of installing definitely not working on your system so if its not working either not much you can do about it.
Pages: 1 [2]