Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multiple Fleets for player?  (Read 2387 times)

qsdoosix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Multiple Fleets for player?
« on: January 05, 2013, 03:44:11 PM »

The blue faction(sry I forgot their name)'s frigate is really nice, The only problem is tiny cargo space. If I want to take the loots without risk, I need a cargo ship. But as we all know that cargo ship is heavy and slow, So the fleet speed will be slow. What if I can have another fleet go after me and take the loots? For further developments, We can give order to those fleets like attack or protect and so on. It will be fun and useful isn't it?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Fleets for player?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 03:46:36 PM »

Not that far into the development process yet. :) Maybe once faction politics or officers come into play, then we'll get multiple player fleets.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Kiryuu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 06:01:29 PM »

Not that far into the development process yet. :) Maybe once faction politics or officers come into play, then we'll get multiple player fleets.

I think officers were the key of the whole mining stations/fleets thing.

RSS_Ornel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:19:15 PM »

I have been worried that this may never come about . I mean it is one of the mechanics the game seems to revolve around.
Anyway back to the point, I have not seen posts by the devs on this topic and I am just wondering if this is even planned.

Personally though I would love to see my factions fleets swarm an enemy base or patrol my star systems.

Just my (slightly) delirious thoughts at 11:18 pm .

Dimuyen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:56:02 PM »

I've been thinking about this recently because I've started to play with the various mods that the talented people on this forum have been posting.

You end up wanting to have more ships in your fleet than your character can handle. Same goes for cargo. It's annoying to have to fly back to the abandoned depot and switch things there everytime you want to make a switch.

I was thinking it'd be great to have an officer that can handle a secondary fleet that follows yours around but is non-combat, or at least a reserve fleet. It wouldn't need to have crew to fully man all ships, but just enough to make them fly along with you. Sure they'd be sitting ducks by themselves, but they're always with your main fleet....unless you get destroyed. Then you just multiplied your losses.

Anyways, just thinking "out loud" as it were. Bottom line I wish there was an easier way to carry ships around that I'm not necessarily expecting to be part of the fighting fleet. The game designer part of my brain tells me that the fact that I'm wishing for this at all means that scarcity is working though :P

firstattak1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »

Well from what I am getting from Alex, it seems this might be coming very soon. At the rate he's going, the officers are next and then a new system, an switch mining coming soon I am thinking we will need multiple fleets.